Dana is heated Izzy lost

TheSpookedKabuki -
HillboFrateTrane -
TheSpookedKabuki -
MasterofMartialArts -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Oh See Mikey -

He's nearing nuclear tomato status. I love his passion though.

He's mad red. Izzy fucked him. His damage control on Izzy is almost like Rogan and Cormier. Izzy probably crying in the car right now.

Lol @ Izzy crying. Dude gives zero fucks that he lost, didn’t you watch his interview? Back to the drawing board and next title defense at 185.

It just ended 5 minutes ago. He is in good spirits. If Jan didn't wrestle fuck he loses. But you probably were a GSP fan also. I respect them all. Bet you have Amanda Nunes posters on your wall. Jan sounds just like Arnold in Terminator 2.

Why don’t you go nurse on izzy’s titty, weeb?

Obviously reading is NOT one of your better attributes. I don't like Adesanya. I'm laughing my ass off at the damage control they are trying to pull off.

![really?? I don't believe you! - Sarcastic Nicholas Cage | Make a Meme](upload://rgoalsyTLjy9XbmAv6cAKmoP9ED.jpeg)

MasterofMartialArts -
knockoutfighter -
MasterofMartialArts -
knockoutfighter -

It was a stupid fight to create from a promoters perspective.  Two divisions that are rather thin... You either lose your lightheavy weight champ or your Middleweight phenom gets a loss.

Izzy should have stayed at 185 and continued to dominate.

Jan B. should have fought Glover. 

I never liked the fight to begin with. Izzy had only defended twice before moving up. The only caveat there was that the only real contender at 185 was a guy he just KO’d not long ago. Everyone else is either coming off losses or just doesn’t have any top wins. Oh well, let’s see who’s next at middleweight. 

I agree, but I would have preferred Izzy to remain dominant at 185.  I remember everyone wanted GSP to move up but he chose to stay at 170 and clear everyone out, UFC kept the contenders coming.  I would blame the UFC for not having at least 4-5 contenders in the picture for Izzy. 

The timing of this fight was even weirder because Jones had just vacated.  The fans wanted Jones vs Izzy.  But maybe Izzy figured this was his only option to get the Jones fight?  I’m not sure but either way I don’t think this one decision loss should hurt Izzy in the long run.  I give him respect for stepping up to the challenge.  I just didn’t like the matchup.. AND I really wanted to see Glover get his title shot before it’s too late.  Glover’s biggest challenge is father time.

Yeah I agree... I wish he would have stayed at 185 too. But I think this loss will be good for him, he will learn from it. He’s humble. Now he should be even more focused on middleweight and since he says he wants to “rule” it then hopefully that means he’s staying for a while. I don’t think this loss hurts his stock at all. 

That’s true, this fight could motivate Izzy to focus more on wrestling/BJJ just in case he fights that styIe at 185.  I don’t think it hurts him much, but it sucks he lost his undefeated record.  Dana loves pushing that and it’s so rare in MMA. 

TheSpookedKabuki -

One reporter just asked him "did you catch any streamers?" Dana's response he looked at his pr manager "no." Now it's just Nunes is the best athlete ever. I'm playing COD they brought up Cyborg also. Apparently Cyborg parked a promotional van in front of the venue. This card was not trending in the US, it was trending in Canada and Brazil. Back to more Nunes. Too much Nunes is the greatest athlete ever.

Which is hilarious because one of the biggest streaming sites was down/a bunch of them were having problems

Or so I heard

TheSpookedKabuki -
MasterofMartialArts -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Oh See Mikey -

He's mad red. Izzy fucked him. His damage control on Izzy is almost like Rogan and Cormier. Izzy probably crying in the car right now.

Lol @ Izzy crying. Dude gives zero fucks that he lost, didn’t you watch his interview? Back to the drawing board and next title defense at 185. 

It just ended 5 minutes ago. He is in good spirits. If Jan didn't wrestle fuck he loses. But you probably were a GSP fan also. I respect them all. Bet you have Amanda Nunes posters on your wall. Jan sounds just like Arnold in Terminator 2.

What drugs did you do while posting. I assume something upper????? You're typing like a tard, it's just random blabble. Potatoes. Doritos. I like jetskis. Terminator. Governor. Bacon

2 Likes

Izzy's a "cash cow"?

What are his fights drawing? Serious question. Idk.

5541james -

I’m hoping Holland beats Brunson because I think Israel vs Holland will be a great fight. 

I think Vettori beats Izzy

1 Like
MasterofMartialArts -

Izzy is the still the middleweight champ, I don’t see what the problem is here. 

He is but the mystique is gone now. We saw that Izzy isn't a wizard that can dominate 2 divisions. We clearly saw that Izzy would have huge problems if he stayed at 205 and he knows it which is why he's moving right back down to 185

Izzy imo was in his way to being a decent draw but this loss puts a stop to that . I was very curious about them matching Izzy up with the current champion for his first fight at 205.. very risky but they took it and they lost 

Rimbaud -

Izzy's a "cash cow"?

What are his fights drawing? Serious question. Idk.

His fight vs Costa drew 700k which is really good for a guy who hasn’t been around that long. His numbers on YouTube have been trending upwards but I have no idea what the numbers were against Whittaker or Jan. 

MasterofMartialArts -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Oh See Mikey -

Lol @ Izzy crying. Dude gives zero fucks that he lost, didn’t you watch his interview? Back to the drawing board and next title defense at 185. 

Hahaha if he didn't care that he lost he'd be staying at 205 for awhile. He doesn't want to feel that again so back to 185 lofl .. trust me, this loss hurt 

ons ear -
MasterofMartialArts -

Izzy is the still the middleweight champ, I don’t see what the problem is here. 

He is but the mystique is gone now. We saw that Izzy isn't a wizard that can dominate 2 divisions. We clearly saw that Izzy would have huge problems if he stayed at 205 and he knows it which is why he's moving right back down to 185

Izzy imo was in his way to being a decent draw but this loss puts a stop to that . I was very curious about them matching Izzy up with the current champion for his first fight at 205.. very risky but they took it and they lost 

Lol dude he will be fine. The “mystique” is not gone for me. I think a lot of people have insane expectations of him, which is weird because most of them are critics of his. I knew he was something special. I knew he would win the belt and defend it at least a few times. Just because he lost a close fight, doesn’t make me think he won’t still dominate 185. 

He’s still a wizard. This loss will only make him better, he’s just getting started. Boxing and MMA are two sports where fans whole world comes crashing down after a single loss. Happened with Aldo, Anderson, DC, and many others. Adesanya will be just fine. 

ons ear -
MasterofMartialArts -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Oh See Mikey -

Hahaha if he didn't care that he lost he'd be staying at 205 for awhile. He doesn't want to feel that again so back to 185 lofl .. trust me, this loss hurt 

What’s he gonna do, have a rematch with Jan? Dana doesn’t want him fighting in another division. He tried to get the belt, he lost. He’s moving back down to 185 to defend his belt... so that means this loss hurts? I’m sure it sucks just like any other loss. You Izzy haters are just fucking weird. 

2 Likes

Dana rushing a super fight and ruining a fighter’s aura? Say it ain’t so. :wink:

ons ear -
MasterofMartialArts -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Oh See Mikey -

After all his shit talking to Jones this loss hurt TREMENDOUSLY 

This is Dana’s fault. If he wanted Izzy in a super fight he should have found a way to tempt GSP. GSP has decided he can’t make 155 after all, let’s see if he can repeat his 185 performance against a legit champ. Throw enough money at him and they could have all made a bundle and Izzy would still have his”0.”

TheSpookedKabuki -
MasterofMartialArts -
TheSpookedKabuki -
Oh See Mikey -

It just ended 5 minutes ago. He is in good spirits. If Jan didn't wrestle fuck he loses. But you probably were a GSP fan also. I respect them all. Bet you have Amanda Nunes posters on your wall. Jan sounds just like Arnold in Terminator 2.

Stick to kickboxing fukboi if your gonna whine about wrestling. Izzy can't deal with wrestling then thats his issue. At least he knows to stick to the MW division now. Jones would of embarressed him if they actually had fought.

1 Like

This entire thread, top to bottom, has been filled with retarded ass opinions. It's shocking how awful most MMA fans' opinions are.

1 Like
knockoutfighter -
MasterofMartialArts -
knockoutfighter -

It was a stupid fight to create from a promoters perspective.  Two divisions that are rather thin... You either lose your lightheavy weight champ or your Middleweight phenom gets a loss.

I never liked the fight to begin with. Izzy had only defended twice before moving up. The only caveat there was that the only real contender at 185 was a guy he just KO’d not long ago. Everyone else is either coming off losses or just doesn’t have any top wins. Oh well, let’s see who’s next at middleweight. 

I agree, but I would have preferred Izzy to remain dominant at 185.  I remember everyone wanted GSP to move up but he chose to stay at 170 and clear everyone out, UFC kept the contenders coming.  I would blame the UFC for not having at least 4-5 contenders in the picture for Izzy. 

The timing of this fight was even weirder because Jones had just vacated.  The fans wanted Jones vs Izzy.  But maybe Izzy figured this was his only option to get the Jones fight?  I’m not sure but either way I don’t think this one decision loss should hurt Izzy in the long run.  I give him respect for stepping up to the challenge.  I just didn’t like the matchup.. AND I really wanted to see Glover get his title shot before it’s too late.  Glover’s biggest challenge is father time.

Agree the first half.  The same applies to Nunes. She went up as she has cleared out her 135. Went to 145 & cleared that too. UFC run a risk of losing her as there's no competition.  

The UFC need to put a call out to Russia, Kazakhstan,  Polands WMMA & get the next woman's 135 & 145 big thing. 

The UFC needs to stop this TUF, DWFN & others & get back to getting the divisions loaded with fresh fight & bring life to its WMMA.

Yan, Khabib,  Islam, Rat lip do you know any HW's or WMMA you can recorecommend?

knockoutfighter - 
MasterofMartialArts -
knockoutfighter -

I think they (and most MMA analysts) felt Jan was a good stylistic matchup for Izzy. I doubt Izzy would have gone up if Reyes was the champion.

1 Like
yabadaba -
knockoutfighter - 
MasterofMartialArts -
knockoutfighter -

I think they (and most MMA analysts) felt Jan was a good stylistic matchup for Izzy. I doubt Izzy would have gone up if Reyes was the champion.

People underestimate Jan, fighters like him don’t usually become champion.  This was kind of like when gsp decided to challenge bisping for the belt

1 Like

Dana is probably pissed Jan had to resort to wet blanket to grind out a win, not a great look for him and Izzy lost his 0, not a great combo.

1 Like