Dana " Its Not My Job Anymore "

7 Likes

Dana White is trying his best to steer clear of anything relating to athlete drug testing and special fight exemptions, but the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president was recently urged to weigh in on the ongoing battle between Conor McGregor and United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).
In short, McGregor is trying to fast track his Octagon comeback later this year by skipping USADAā€™s mandatory six-month testing period for returning fighters. The last time McGregor was in the USADA testing pool was back in 2021 when he last competed inside of the Octagon. McGregor ended up seriously breaking his leg in a TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264 and is just now on the cusp of a return.
Many have noticed that McGregor has bulked up quite a bit during his time off and now that the former UFC champion is trying to re-enter UFC with just two clean tests itā€™s beginning to raise some red flags. If not for fans then definitely for USADA, which remains adamant that ā€œNotoriousā€ must submit six months of clean testing before stepping foot inside of the Octagon again.

Itā€™s a complete mess to say the least, especially since USADA still considers McGregor retired.
As McGregor tries to publicly expose USADA and ultimately get his way the specifics about his return remain a mystery. White was asked about the situation during a media scrum on Friday (watch HERE) and completely shed responsibility for how things have, and could, turn out.

ā€œI have no idea. I donā€™t pay any attention to that shit,ā€ said White. ā€œThatā€™s not my job anymore, and Iā€™m happy to be out of it. Talk to USADA, I have no idea. I want nothing to do with the whole drug testing side of this business. Itā€™s a fā€”king nightmare.ā€
Itā€™s unknown at this time how McGregor will work things out with USADA, but it should be noted that heā€™s never failed a drug test in his entire UFC career. It is also unknown at this time if the promotion will try to get McGregor a special USADA exemption because last time they did Brock Lesnar blew up UFC 200 with multiple failed tests.

2 Likes

What is there to work out?

This fucking moron either wants to fight and stops the fucking roids long enough to do the proper 6 months testing or he doesnā€™t.

This McFelon loser needs to be taken down a few notches. His ego is still living in 2017.

16 Likes

Leprechaun St Paddys GIF by MOODMAN

Look at me! Iā€™m too big to fail! Theyā€™ll never not let me TUF fight happen!

12 Likes

22 Likes

I didnā€™t know there was a fight going on between USADA and McG.
But the UFC is right not to get involved. The Lesnar/Hunt thing was not a good look for them. Better to just say ā€˜not my job to get involvedā€™

4 Likes

Only thing Iā€™ve heard (Iā€™ve not looked) is McFelon thinks he only needs to provide 2 clean tests and USADA said no, you need to be in the testing pool for 6 months.

Iā€™ll give you one guess who is right and who is wrong in that argument 10 times out of 10ā€¦

5 Likes

Conor will not fight in 2023

9 Likes

Conor has still not entered the USADA test Pool.

The EARLIEST he can fight is September.

Also, if you remember, the only time Conor has coached TUF, they didnā€™t have plans for him to fight the other coach, he didnā€™t fight Faber. They got their own fights. I wonā€™t be surprised if Chandler gets another matchup before he fights Conor.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking October - Nov - Dec he will get one in this year

1 Like

Well Iā€™m sure Conor is being tested by his people and will enter into usada when he starts testing clean. Whole testing thing is stupid. McGregor and this situation have exposed just how stupid. Testing creates even more of an unlevel playing field between the haves and have nots. He can get away with cheating and guys trying to claw their way up cannot.

5 Likes

Yup, chandle or Conor will get ā€œinjuredā€

And that will set up the trilogy with Nate

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking Poirier will step in

2 Likes

I donā€™t think that Dana has the same relationship with Conor that he had in the past.

3 Likes

And some noobs on here still side with ufc over Mark Hunt

5 Likes

why not 6 years ago when it should of happened?

1 Like

Exactly

The UFC need to contract another agency to do their drug testingā€¦. With different parametersā€¦. Proble solved