Dana: Loretta is a dumb f*&#ing bi&*ch (vid)

So Dana's position is that each fighter gets the same set amount of corner people and that nobody else in their "entourage" is allowed to also be backstage? 

-jk

So Dana had one of his assistants read him part of the article... you know you hit a nerve when he feels the need to immediately release a profanity-laced response. I guess Kevin Iole wasn't available to write the response, so they used the vblog format instead.

I am embarrassed for Dana and the UFC. They're so used to thug-like tactics with the MMA media that they actually believe something like this is acceptable

Oh my.

"So Dana's position is that each fighter gets the same set amount of corner people and that nobody else in their "entourage" is allowed to also be backstage? "

no..i think the position is that the general rule is that each fighter gets the same number of corner people and on a case by case basis dana, in his discretion, might let certain other people back stage

I would expect a "no fighters do any interviews with Sherdog" edict or something similar from Dana in retaliation.

UFC doesn't recognize Sherdog but their fighters still do video and radio interviews.  I would expect them to make it clear to their fighters they are not to speak to sherdog.

smoogy - So Dana had one of his assistants read him part of the article... you know you hit a nerve when he feels the need to immediately release a profanity-laced response. I guess Kevin Iole wasn't available to write the response, so they used the vblog format instead.

I am embarrassed for Dana and the UFC. They're so used to thug-like tactics with the MMA media that they actually believe something like this is acceptable

Good post, I agree.

When Franklin was put up against Anderson Silva the first time around, no one thought Franklin would lose. BS argument tbh.

Seems like a long standing feud, didn't Sherdog get their press credentials pulled a while back?

Fletch F Fletch - LOL.

He might not have the best way of going about it, but I don't blame him. As someone who works in the media, most reporters (especially print and new media) are fucking leeches who certainly wouldn't let the truth stand in the way of a sensational story.

BTW, I got say I like Dana. I totally see how he rubs some people the wrong way, but I work with a bunch of stiff's in suits all day. The way he just lets it fly is pretty refreshing. We had him on my old radio station a few times, and everyone who dealt with him, from the producers to the hosts, really liked him.

Yeah, you can't blame Dana for being a scumbag with a god complex. After all, he ALWAYS acts like a d-bag when he is angry right? The real problem is that all journalists are leeches with no morals.

Thank you for putting forward the "fuckface UG Dana apologist" standpoint, always appreciated.

Disgusting video.

smoogy - 
Fletch F Fletch - LOL.

He might not have the best way of going about it, but I don't blame him. As someone who works in the media, most reporters (especially print and new media) are fucking leeches who certainly wouldn't let the truth stand in the way of a sensational story.

BTW, I got say I like Dana. I totally see how he rubs some people the wrong way, but I work with a bunch of stiff's in suits all day. The way he just lets it fly is pretty refreshing. We had him on my old radio station a few times, and everyone who dealt with him, from the producers to the hosts, really liked him.

Yeah, you can't blame Dana for being a scumbag with a god complex. After all, he ALWAYS acts like a d-bag when he is angry right? The real problem is that all journalists are leeches with no morals.

Thank you for putting forward the "fuckface UG Dana apologist" standpoint, always appreciated.

LOL, looks like smoogy has this one covered. I'm going to go and get some work done.

goku - "So Dana's position is that each fighter gets the same set amount of corner people and that nobody else in their "entourage" is allowed to also be backstage? "

no..i think the position is that the general rule is that each fighter gets the same number of corner people and on a case by case basis dana, in his discretion, might let certain other people back stage

Loretta reported this in the last few paragraohs of her article.  This seems consistent with her reporting.

-jk

Fletch F Fletch nobody likes an angry person. Dana's behavior made the person beside him uncomfortable.

What you found refreshing is beyond me. Dana's poorly thought out argument should hardly be commended.

WAR LORETTA!

Thats embarrassing for Dana in my opinion.

So somebody writes an article with anonymous sources and that makes that source a "pussy"?

Thats how most sports articles are written, but its negative for Dana so that make the writer a dumb bitch?

If this happened in any other sport people would be calling for Danas job.

This "sport" has a long way to come, it would be cool if there was some professionalism in it

For clarity, when Dana says he issues credentials which the fighter may distribute at his discretion, presumably he's talking about the credentials he's required by the commissions to issue to the fighter's seconds, as mentioned in Loretta's article. If a fighter wants his manager backstage, he has to be cornered by him unless he can get additional credentials. It seems there has been a change in the policy regarding whether those credentials are available.

If a fighter's manager isn't present backstage, it is possible, for instance, to pop into Shogun's locker room immediately after a loss, when he is exhausted and has been punched in the head 100x or so, and propose that he fight Dana's longtime friend Chuck Liddell in three months, without his manager's input as to whether that would be a good idea for his injured, struggling fighter's career.

I think Loretta Hunt's article raised a valid issue for discussion.

As a separate issue, Franklin had a pretty easy run while he was under his unusually long 8-fight contract, and faced Anderson when he was nearing the end of it (I believe that was #7 of 8).

Gay fighters will be offended at Dana's use of "faggot". If the article is false, then Dana has a right to be pissed. However, if there is any truth to favoritism and such, he's just making himself look worse.

CRBMoney14 - Thats embarrassing for Dana in my opinion.

So somebody writes an article with anonymous sources and that makes that source a "pussy"?

Thats how most sports articles are written, but its negative for Dana so that make the writer a dumb bitch?

If this happened in any other sport people would be calling for Danas job.

This "sport" has a long way to come, it would be cool if there was some professionalism in it

Exactly.  This is why the video will be taken down.  Major advertisers don't want to go into business with a guy who will put up a fuck-laden tirade on youtube when something doesn't go  his way, even if he's right.

Pretty disappointing Dana decided to go the homophobic and misogynistic rout with his comments there.

If the story was wrong, say it was wrong. If it was poorly reported, say so. But to homophobic slurs and sexist name calling have no place in the sport.

You're making us all look bad, Dana. You're reflecting poorly on the sport and the community.

The Otherground - Why should Dana not be mad at Loretta? She used the report to slander the UFC and make it look bad intentionally. And to top it all off she had interview quotes from the PAV in there to try to make it seem more legit? LOL

It doesn't matter how long she has been around MMA, she hasn't been a good reporter for years now(matter of opinion).

She is a nice person but that is where it all stops. besides I'm sure she is getting a good laugh out of this anyways.

The UG will fight for months now on this same topic.

Slander you say?

If it is slander why doesnt Dana provide some facts instead of just swearing like a 15 year old kid.