Dana offers Conor and Poirier a fight

https://twitter.com/SpinninBackfist/status/1311325940748820481

1 Like

This would be good. Dustin has gotten better since the first fight. Maybe not enough. But I'd like to find out. 

1 Like

Interesting. 

1 Like

Dana says Conor blew the TUF and Khabib rematch future with his recent "stuff". Weird they were working towards a Khabib/Conor TUF season before Khabib/Gaethje outcome but it must have been set for either Khabib or Gaethje to take part depending on who won.

https://twitter.com/SpinninBackfist/status/1311326849168007173

Floppy Divac -

This would be good. Dustin has gotten better since the first fight. Maybe not enough. But I'd like to find out. 

Its a great fight. I'd like to see Tony vs Oliveira as well. Why not do Chandler vs Hooker too. Get these LWs active.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DustinPoirier/status/1311331520523665409

I don’t think he said he offered them a fight with each other…here’s the exact quote: “Then he called out Poirier with Conor in Dublin for charity. So we offered them both a fight. We offered Dustin and Conor a fight so we’re waiting to hear back from both of them.”

I think he was intentional about his language here. He never said “they agreed to fight each other for charity, so we offered them that fight in the UFC.” I think his wording was intentional, and I’m guessing he offered them fights against other people.

I’d guess Ferguson for Poirier and Nate Diaz for Conor. Conor vs Nate would sell better, and Dustin vs Tony would help the UFC keep the ball rolling and set up 155 for the post-Khabib era, which they expect to be early next year. Khabib has been clear, he’s retiring at 30-0 (assuming he beats Justin), and has openly talked about his last fight being in April.

They know Conor will never be a reliable champion for them, and will never be interested in defending the belt against whomever the number 1 contender is…so the rest of his UFC fights will likely be whatever “big” fight they can make. Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz (big brother trying to get revenge after Conor beats Nate again), Masvidal etc…

Given that Conor has 4 MMA fights in the last 4 years, is 32 years old and crazy rich, I’d be surprised if he fights 4 more times ever. The UFC will work with him to cash in as often as he wants to, but even when he was active, he never defended his belts, or even hinted around to that being a possibility. He only wants one-off big events, and that’s what they’ll do.

Rickmassmma - I don't think he said he offered them a fight with each other...here's the exact quote: "Then he called out Poirier with Conor in Dublin for charity. So we offered them both a fight. We offered Dustin and Conor a fight so we're waiting to hear back from both of them."

I think he was intentional about his language here. He never said “they agreed to fight each other for charity, so we offered them that fight in the UFC.” I think his wording was intentional, and I’m guessing he offered them fights against other people.

I’d guess Ferguson for Poirier and Nate Diaz for Conor. Conor vs Nate would sell better, and Dustin vs Tony would help the UFC keep the ball rolling and set up 155 for the post-Khabib era, which they expect to be early next year. Khabib has been clear, he’s retiring at 30-0 (assuming he beats Justin), and has openly talked about his last fight being in April.

They know Conor will never be a reliable champion for them, and will never be interested in defending the belt against whomever the number 1 contender is…so the rest of his UFC fights will likely be whatever “big” fight they can make. Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz (big brother trying to get revenge after Conor beats Nate again), Masvidal etc…

Given that Conor has 4 MMA fights in the last 4 years, is 32 years old and crazy rich, I’d be surprised if he fights 4 more times ever. The UFC will work with him to cash in as often as he wants to, but even when he was active, he never defended his belts, or even hinted around to that being a possibility. He only wants one-off big events, and that’s what they’ll do.

I think you are correct that he did not offer them a fight vs one another.

That would be good

Lame.

Should be Conor vs Madvidal Or Borz

Lame fight that makes zero sense. it’s not like they both cleared the division and they’re the only 2 left to fight. It’s literally just giving Conor the easiest match possible at the highest level.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

GeorgeScoresPoints - Lame fight that makes zero sense. it's not like they both cleared the division and they're the only 2 left to fight. It's literally just giving Conor the easiest match possible at the highest level.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

It is not clear if they were offered a fight vs one another or not.

BJ Penn Forever - 
GeorgeScoresPoints - Lame fight that makes zero sense. it's not like they both cleared the division and they're the only 2 left to fight. It's literally just giving Conor the easiest match possible at the highest level.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

Did you read the OP?

GeorgeScoresPoints - 
BJ Penn Forever - 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

Did you read the OP?

Did you read the quote? Dana never said he offered them a fight with each other. I think he was intentional in his language. He said he offered them both a fight.

1 Like
GeorgeScoresPoints -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

Did you read the OP?

Did you not listen to Dana’s words?

Dana said… “we offered both of them a fight. We offered Dustin and Conor a fight”.

BJ Penn Forever - 
GeorgeScoresPoints -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

Did you read the OP?

Dana said… “we offered both of them a fight. We offered Dustin and Conor a fight”.

Yes, he first mentions the charity fight and then says he offered them a fight. don’t be so dense

BJ Penn Forever - 
GeorgeScoresPoints -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

Did you read the OP?

Me and your girlfriend shared a bed and fuked.

Whoa, whoa. I didn’t say we fuked each other.

See the logic here?

GeorgeScoresPoints -
BJ Penn Forever - 
GeorgeScoresPoints -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.com

Did you read the OP?

Yes, he first mentions the charity fight and then says he offered them a fight. don’t be so dense

We agree to disagree. Hopefully Conor or Dustin clarify what fight they were offered. Its not like Dana said,we want to do that fight… just said he offered them a fight.

Team Conor vs. Team Khabib TUF would be huge...