Dana on Kimbo "want to be in UFC, go do (TUF)"

Slice in UFC? Try 'Ultimate Fighter' first <!--startclickprintexclude-->

<!--endclickprintexclude--><!-- /EdSysObj -->

NEW YORK — Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, has said that EliteXC headliner Kimbo Slice couldn't even compete with the UFC's entry-level mixed martial artists on Spike TV's reality show, The Ultimate Fighter.

After watching the former backyard brawler get beaten in 14 seconds by Seth Petruzelli on CBS' third EliteXC Saturday Night Fights telecast this weekend, White says the only way Slice will get into the UFC is by starting at the bottom.

"I think you're going to see him fighting at barbecues again," said White about the former YouTube sensation during a party here launching Viking Studio's new book Fighter: The Fighters of the UFC. (The collection of black and white photos of fighters such as Chuck Liddell and Matt Serra by Coach creative chief Reed Krakoff goes on sale Oct. 16).

If Slice wants a place in the he UFC, he'd to have to earn it by beating the other entry-level contenders on Ultimate Fighter.

"I wasn't going to offer Kimbo Slice a chance to fight in the UFC — but a chance to fight his way on to Ultimate Fighter. If you want to be in the UFC, go do the reality show," said White.

Putting Slice, the EliteXC main eventer, at the lowest rung of the UFC pecking order would probably help Ultimate Fighter's TV ratings. Would White still make the offer after Slice's defeat Saturday?

"Maybe," he says before walking off to chat with Hollywood actress Gina Gershon.

White's been using business opportunities like the photography book to boost the UFC's pop culture profile — and raise money for the Yellow Ribbon Fund charity which assists injured service members

Tuesday night's party attracted UFC fighters such as Serra, Rashad Evans, Kenny Florian, Rich Franklin, Jon Fitch and Dan Henderson as well as Hollywood stars such as Gershon, Mandy Moore and Alexis Bledel, and American Media CEO David Pecker and New York socialite Emma Snowdon-Jones.

Upcoming opponents Henderson and Franklin signed autographs and mingled with the beautiful people here at Barney's New York department store on Madison Avenue.

Henderson was more positive than White about Slice's future after his quick demolition by Petruzelli.

"It was a funny punch. He must have hit him just right. He'll be back. He'll learn and get better," said Henderson about Slice (real name: Kevin Ferguson). "But EliteXC sure did put a lot of eggs in that one basket."

Moore, the pop singer and actress, said she's become such a UFC fan that she travels to fight cards around the country to cheer on her favorites: Florian and Franklin. "There's nothing like seeing it in person," she told USA TODAY.

ttt

xakx...please stay away from my threads...please.

Kr0ndogg - xakx...please stay away from my threads...please.

WTF!?

I'm TTTing your thread to help you out! whats the big deal?

If you're gonna be a bitch like that then FUCK YOU!

Moore, the pop singer and actress, said she's become such a UFC fan that she travels to fight cards around the country to cheer on her favorites: Florian and Franklin. "There's nothing like seeing it in person," she told USA TODAY.

I thought she was all up on GSP's nuts?

KKM

Dana is hanging with Gina Gershon? Hmmm shes pretty hot

ttt for kimbo throwing junie's clothes in the pool

greco yeoman -  ttt for kimbo throwing junie's clothes in the pool

Oh thats not going to be very pretty after Junie shoves him. I see Kimbos posse leaping the wall to come to the resuce

could you imagine if Junie was in the house with Kimbo and he claled him a bitch and shoved Kimbos face LMAO!!

Kimbo on TUF would be awesome.

buggs mcmulligan - Or Dana White staring Kimbo right in the face and screaming, "Do you wanna be a fucking STREET FIGHTER?!!"

The video game?

Hey, Kr0ndogg, nice profile you fucking asshole.

xakx - Hey, Kr0ndogg, nice profile you fucking asshole.

That made me click the profile and to my suprise there was a comment from me on there. Hmm I dont remember that at all! haha

What are you talkin bout dude

Kr0ndogg - 

Henderson was more positive than White about Slice's future after his quick demolition by Petruzelli.

"It was a funny punch. He must have hit him just right. He'll be back. He'll learn and get better," said Henderson about Slice (real name: Kevin Ferguson). "But EliteXC sure did put a lot of eggs in that one basket."

you know what's funny is big name fighters like dan henderson, randy, jay hieron and the like were real respectful and all said kimbo would be back. while the lower level (in terms of popularity) fighters on here all wishing for his death and clowning him. I hate to say jealousy but the more secure in their status fighters seem just fine with him. average people in the street seem to think it was a fluke punch, while the hardcore on here use it as proof he was overated. mma.tv is really out of touch with everyone else on this kimbo thing

buggs mcmulligan - I'd take out a bank loan to pay to see someone call Kimbo a "fatherless bastard."

First Reality tv show death?

Birdman3015 - 

This is what he put in his profile, only a true asshole would do something like that:

I'm known as the hot, hot thread girl and I was nominated as "Queen of The Underground." I don't consider myself the queen of The Underground. There are plenty of women who post there that are beautiful and who contribute to the sport too. It's not all me. I consider all of the women that post on the "UG" queens in my eyes, but for now, I'm known as the "Queen of the Underground" and that's how I got into MMA.

Now that might be funny to some people and thats fine at the time, but when you take it as far as putting that in your profile and keep in there for a while, it shows that you are a true asshole.

And because he decided to be an asshole to me for no good reason i'm gonna shit all over his threads from now on.

xakx - 
Birdman3015 - 

This is what he put in his profile, only a true asshole would do something like that:

I'm known as the hot, hot thread girl and I was nominated as "Queen of The Underground." I don't consider myself the queen of The Underground. There are plenty of women who post there that are beautiful and who contribute to the sport too. It's not all me. I consider all of the women that post on the "UG" queens in my eyes, but for now, I'm known as the "Queen of the Underground" and that's how I got into MMA.

Now that might be funny to some people and thats fine at the time, but when you take it as far as putting that in your profile and keep in there for a while, it shows that you are a true asshole.

And because he decided to be an asshole to me for no good reason i'm gonna shit all over his threads from now on.

I still dont see why your mad

xakx - ttt

Kr0ndogg - xakx...please stay away from my threads...please.

Seriously, WTF!?