" Dana Refused Millions From Hulu For Me "

1 Like

1 Like

Mike Tyson and Dana White have a well-known friendship within the combat sports space, but it turns out their friendship is worth more than seven figures to the UFC president.

Over the years, Tyson and White have proven that they have a good understanding of each other, developing a strong friendship that saw the UFC president supporting the former heavyweight boxing champ when he decided to return to the ring at 54 years old.

White even backed “Iron” Mike when a video was making the rounds on the internet that saw the champ beating up someone on a plane, who refused to stop messing with him.

Dana White Turned Down Big Bucks For Mike Tyson

It is one thing to be a supportive friend to Mike Tyson, and something completely different for Dana White to turn down a multi-million-dollar deal with Hulu out of respect for their friendship.

Yet, according to a Twitter post from Tyson himself, that is exactly what the UFC President did when the streaming giant approached him to promote the upcoming biopic of the former champ.

According to Tyson, Hulu did not create this biopic in good faith and refused to even pay him money to make a series about his life and career. So when White heard about this, he turned down the offer for a big payday out of respect for their friendship.

“Hulu tried to desperately pay my brother Dana White millions without offering me a dollar to promote their slavemaster take-over story about my life. He turned it down because he honors friendship and treating people with dignity,” Tyson expressed. “I’ll never forget what he did for me just like I’ll never forget what Hulu stole from me.”

While it is true that for someone who gives out $250,000 as a birthday present, that millions of dollars is not much in comparison, this was still a kind gesture from Dana White, if what Mike Tyson is saying about Hulu’s treatment of him is true.

The limited series, starring Trevante Rhodes in the titular role, is set to release on the streaming platform on August 25th.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yea I couldn’t sleep at night if I had done something to mike. I know he’s seen as this and that but I just see a dude who had the ground he walked on worshipped at one time stripped of all that glory trying to walk around being humble. Whatever you want to say about mike, I don’t see him as fake. I couldn’t be ok with fukn over a real one.

7 Likes

@ Dana

Dana didn’t want to get on Mike’s shitlist.

6 Likes

Tyson is awesome. Fuck Hulu.

5 Likes

Now Its Diaz

Nate Diaz is not a fan of how Hulu has handled business with the new Mike Tyson biopic.

Tyson has made it clear that he does not support Hulu’s Mike, which is the streaming service’s take on the legendary boxer’s life story. Tyson has likened it to having his life rights stolen as he was never contacted by Hulu about the project.
Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Tyson blasted Hulu and accused the Mike producer of lying about his life rights.

“Fck you @hulu”*

“[That’s] a flat-out lie. My life rights option expired years ago. Hulu nor any of their supercilious team ever tried to engage in any negotiations with this Black man. In their eyes I am still just a n—-r on the auction block ready to be sold for their profit without any regard for my worth or my family,” Tyson wrote.
“They say this story is an exploration of a Black man. It’s more like an exploitation of a Black man. Hulu thinks their tracks are covered by hiring Black sacrificial lambs to play the part as frontmen for their backdoor robbery is appalling. I will always remember this blatant disregard of my dignity.”

Tyson has garnered the support of many within the MMA community. He is good friends with Dana White and he has attended a slew of MMA events from various promotions. The general consensus among the combat sports circles is that Hulu is in the wrong here.

1 Like

This is strange to me- why not pay Tyson his $$ and get him on board? Why offer Dana the money? Maybe I am missing something. I guess they would be covering some things that Tyson doesn’t want out there or to relive- but tf? Hulu is definitely in the wrong. He deserves some $$ he is still alive and it is his story. When it comes out he could just shit all over it and say it was misrepresenting him and it immediately loses some credibility.

1 Like

Happened with Nate also ^ ^^^

1 Like

the same thing happened with the series “Pistol” about Sex pistol’s Steve jones.
Johnny Rotten came in and tried to make it all about him so they told him to go away.
He spat the dummy and sued them and lost, ruining himself in the process.

1 Like

Can Hulu even make a documentary or a series about Mike without Mikes permission? How does that even work?

1 Like

A millionaire comparing himself to kunta kinte is retarded.

Yes.

Hulu can buy his life rights, which is what most decent companies do when doing a biopic or documentary.

But even without purchasing his life rights they are still legally allowed to do this. It’s still pretty scummy to not even ask Mike for his permission, to not even contact him about it. Just shows that they want to choose their own narrative on a guys life.

2 Likes

Respect Dana. Always seems to have Mike’s back

1 Like

Dana’s as rough as guts.
Hard not to like him.

1 Like