Dana said "...46% of our demographic are females"

During the UFC on Fox press conference.

WTF?! That seems extremely skewed. Is this just an effort to increase the perception of the UFC being a household brand? Lots of marketing schemes go into brand imaging...

What's the % of females on the UG? I'd guess ~3%.

If you look at Myles Jury's thread there a bunch of guys acting like females Phone Post 3.0

TheDarkPassenger - If you look at Myles Jury's thread there a bunch of guys acting like females Phone Post 3.0
Lol vu Phone Post 3.0

ender852 - Most female fans are casual viewers. the eat, sleep, breath mma die hards are mostly male yes, but that doesn't change Nielson or audience statistics. Phone Post 3.0

So the hardcore versus casual statistics would swing by ~40% in the females direction? That is extremely hard to believe. I know maybe 2 females who are vaguely into the sport.

They have to be phony baloney statistics.

I can't think of ANY male dominated sport which would attract nearly a 46% female viewership. Let alone the most violent popular sport in the world...

Try 4.6%

I belive it Phone Post 3.0

I think he meant 46% of the fanbase are bitches...46% females is a stretch.

Is that why they keep playing the Nu-Metal?

It's for the ladies?

One of the benefits of growing up as a boxing fan is that I learned not to be believe a word promoters say a long time ago.

I do believe MMA has gained a lot of female fans in the last few years, but I doubt its anywhere near 46%

But then again, what the hell do I know

Less then 10% of the UFC's fans are "hardcore" fans. From there most of their viewing audience consumes the product in a group setting. These settings are usually close to a 50% split so this actually makes sense.

Just another reason to prove the fact the hardcores really do not matter anywhere near as much as they think they do.

maybe when GSP fights and that's it.

No. Just no. 46% of women have never watched an entire UFC.

NorthFromHere - Try 4.6%

This would be much closer.

When the camera pans across the crowd while Goldberg is yelling at the start of a UFC even, how many females do you see?

(Not including the hand-picked hotties they might place at the end of the pan for some color.)

rockafella - Less then 10% of the UFC's fans are "hardcore" fans. From there most of their viewing audience consumes the product in a group setting. These settings are usually close to a 50% split so this actually makes sense.

Just another reason to prove the fact the hardcores really do not matter anywhere near as much as they think they do.
I don't know where in the world you watch fights but every bar I've been to is usually 75% male for fights. It's probably bumped up to 40% female for GSP fights. Phone Post 3.0

^and most of the 25% females at a bar for a card are there because their boyfriend dragged them along. Or they thought they were going out for a good time and wound up at a bar hosting a card whilst surrounded by mouthbreathing losers swathed in Affliction t shirts. Phone Post 3.0

I think he meant 46% are attracted to women.

I am Dana, here's some bullshit, fuck your opinion.

Are we sure he didn't mean homosexuals?