Dana says Nate isnt a "Needle Mover"

During his pre fight media scrum a reporter asked Dana about the whole Nate issue and Dana pretty much said Nate Diaz isnt a draw. Saying he doesnt deserve the money he wants.

Was Gilbert Melendez more well known to fans than Nate Diaz when he signed his last contract?

Also, I dont buy that. Nate is the most well known LW in the UFC imo.

but Chael is.

Hey-o

He wants nick Diaz and Gilbert money..

We all know he is good but doesn't deserve that.. Phone Post 3.0

I dont particularly like watching him fight. Phone Post 3.0

I will watch any Nate Diaz fight under any organization ever! Phone Post 3.0

Zed Wayne Zed - Yeah, he does, Dana.

Who doesn't like watching him fight?

That is bullshit.
I liked watching his fights against Rory, Bendo, and Josh. Phone Post 3.0

my friends are all casual fans, they dont care about the diaz bros or even really know who they are, I gotta remind them everytime. Their appearance and the way they talk make them hard to like for casual fans. Im not saying he shouldnt get paid more, but he definitely isnt a big draw and those are the ppl dana pays big. Phone Post 3.0

Dana is just being a dick,at this point. Which is in response to Nate's comment about Cerrone...dumb move by Nate IMO.

This situation is far from being resolved,sad. Nate needs to swallow his pride and fight. End this stalemate. Phone Post 3.0

Just some food for thought. If when Nate headlines a card(he is exciting as hell) and less people watch compared to other fighters is he still considered a draw?

This does not mean he isn't exciting or great. Asking if when he is a headliner and less people watch compared to others, is he still a draw? Phone Post 3.0

Then why don't they just release him from his contract if he isn't a needle mover.

"Was Gilbert Melendez more well known to fans than Nate Diaz when he signed his last contract?"

Gil had two organizations competing for his services while Nate is in the middle of his contract. Nate should follow Gil's lead IMO.

Its gotten to the point where I was with Rampage a few years ago. I enjoy watching the fights, but would prefer they just take the good money theyre being offered and stop bitching to the public about it. Phone Post 3.0

Recently natea been more exciting than nick... Doesn't Nate have a couple records for finishes and of the night bonuses for the lw division? Phone Post 3.0

mackass - Recently natea been more exciting than nick... Doesn't Nate have a couple records for finishes and of the night bonuses for the lw division? Phone Post 3.0
O and won the ultimate fighter* Phone Post 3.0

The Diaz brothers are and always have been average fighters. Nate actually fought some tough fights in his prime as did Nick but they are way over hyped by fans and will never be champions. The fact that they think they deserve all this shit is crazy especially Nate. Him holding out is actually causing him to loose fans. Phone Post

json123 - Then why don't they just release him from his contract if he isn't a needle mover.

Exactly. If he isn't a draw, then there should be no concern about him going to Bellator.

What he is really saying is Nate isnt a big enough draw to open that can of worms.  You give in and give him a new deal after he just signed a contract then everyone is gonna want the same.

Nates fun as hell to watch and has done ok ratings, did over a mill on FS1 vs Maynard but then Machida, Bisping, Bendo, everyone who isnt  a champ and has gotten ok ratings on tv is gonna say what about me?   Why does he get a new deal cause he threw a hissy fight and sat out,  I'll do the same.

So if you are the UFC do you open that can of worms for Diaz or do you maybe do that for someone who is a real star and a real needle mover who you cant live without?   

Nicks the bigger draw and if they want him for an Anderson fight they will have to pay him but he is someone they might be ok with doing that for.  Nate doesnt have that leverage no matter how fun he is to watch. 

Standup29 - Just some food for thought. If when Nate headlines a card(he is exciting as hell) and less people watch compared to other fighters is he still considered a draw?

This does not mean he isn't exciting or great. Asking if when he is a headliner and less people watch compared to others, is he still a draw? Phone Post 3.0
No takers on that question? Phone Post 3.0

Dana Stern - 

The Diaz brothers are and always have been average fighters. Nate actually fought some tough fights in his prime as did Nick but they are way over hyped by fans and will never be champions. The fact that they think they deserve all this shit is crazy especially Nate. Him holding out is actually causing him to loose fans. Phone Post

lol@average...emotions blind this one

I only ever watched nate diaz fights to see him get beat up