Dana says Nate isnt a "Needle Mover"

ilikeyou -
Dana Stern -  The Diaz brothers are and always have been average fighters. Nate actually fought some tough fights in his prime as did Nick but they are way over hyped by fans and will never be champions. The fact that they think they deserve all this shit is crazy especially Nate. Him holding out is actually causing him to loose fans. Phone Post

lol@average...emotions blind this one

Emotions? I could really care less, I'd rather see guys that want to fight then someone like Nate who talks so much shit even after he gets his ass whooped. Diaz brothers are just odd. Phone Post

Chris27 - 

What he is really saying is Nate isnt a big enough draw to open that can of worms.  You give in and give him a new deal after he just signed a contract then everyone is gonna want the same.

Nates fun as hell to watch and has done ok ratings, did over a mill on FS1 vs Maynard but then Machida, Bisping, Bendo, everyone who isnt  a champ and has gotten ok ratings on tv is gonna say what about me?   Why does he get a new deal cause he threw a hissy fight and sat out,  I'll do the same.

So if you are the UFC do you open that can of worms for Diaz or do you maybe do that for someone who is a real star and a real needle mover who you cant live without?   

Nicks the bigger draw and if they want him for an Anderson fight they will have to pay him but he is someone they might be ok with doing that for.  Nate doesnt have that leverage no matter how fun he is to watch. 

This. It's all about setting a precedent. You can't sign a multi-fight contract then after 1 fight decide it's not what you deserve.

I like watching them fight as much as anyone but which ever way you cut it, they're both on 1-2 records in their last 3, that's hardly a situation that shouts, "lets get round the table and hammer out a new deal".

Dana Stern - 
ilikeyou -
Dana Stern -  The Diaz brothers are and always have been average fighters. Nate actually fought some tough fights in his prime as did Nick but they are way over hyped by fans and will never be champions. The fact that they think they deserve all this shit is crazy especially Nate. Him holding out is actually causing him to loose fans. Phone Post

lol@average...emotions blind this one

Emotions? I could really care less, I'd rather see guys that want to fight then someone like Nate who talks so much shit even after he gets his ass whooped. Diaz brothers are just odd. Phone Post

You just proved my point. Your dislike for them comes from their attitudes and not their skills.
Quit being so salty.

mackass - 
mackass - Recently natea been more exciting than nick... Doesn't Nate have a couple records for finishes and of the night bonuses for the lw division? Phone Post 3.0
O and won the ultimate fighter* Phone Post 3.0

He wasn't winning that fight. Manny was dominating and then his shoulder was dislocated.

Big fan of the Diaz brothers though! I always love their fights.

mkutta4 - I love watching Nate fight more than anyone but #'s don't lie. Phone Post 3.0

Dana does though

as long as he did not call him a needle dick as thems fightin words

Zxanthion - 
Chris27 - 

What he is really saying is Nate isnt a big enough draw to open that can of worms.  You give in and give him a new deal after he just signed a contract then everyone is gonna want the same.

Nates fun as hell to watch and has done ok ratings, did over a mill on FS1 vs Maynard but then Machida, Bisping, Bendo, everyone who isnt  a champ and has gotten ok ratings on tv is gonna say what about me?   Why does he get a new deal cause he threw a hissy fight and sat out,  I'll do the same.

So if you are the UFC do you open that can of worms for Diaz or do you maybe do that for someone who is a real star and a real needle mover who you cant live without?   

Nicks the bigger draw and if they want him for an Anderson fight they will have to pay him but he is someone they might be ok with doing that for.  Nate doesnt have that leverage no matter how fun he is to watch. 

This. It's all about setting a precedent. You can't sign a multi-fight contract then after 1 fight decide it's not what you deserve.

I like watching them fight as much as anyone but which ever way you cut it, they're both on 1-2 records in their last 3, that's hardly a situation that shouts, "lets get round the table and hammer out a new deal".

Why not? The UFC uses losses to renegotiate with some fighters that are in contracts...or fire them after 1 loss(coming off 3 W's including a slam KO)...why is it wrong for Nate to try and renegotiate his contract after coming off an impressive KO win over a top 10 guy who fought for the belt twice not too long ago.
Look what they did to Jones when he wanted to renegotiate......

shatefak - 
mackass - 
mackass - Recently natea been more exciting than nick... Doesn't Nate have a couple records for finishes and of the night bonuses for the lw division? Phone Post 3.0
O and won the ultimate fighter* Phone Post 3.0

He wasn't winning that fight. Manny was dominating and then his shoulder was dislocated.

Big fan of the Diaz brothers though! I always love their fights.

lol@manny was dominating

ilikeyou - 
Zxanthion - 
Chris27 - 

Why not? The UFC uses losses to renegotiate with some fighters that are in contracts...or fire them after 1 loss(coming off 3 W's including a slam KO)...why is it wrong for Nate to try and renegotiate his contract after coming off an impressive KO win over a top 10 guy who fought for the belt twice not too long ago.

Who has been 'fired' for a loss with fights left on their contract? While I'm no Oracle of knowledge, I'd be willing to wager they were either paid off or had no fights left, maybe a rolling 1 fight contract etc.

Scott Rotem -
vintirex - I dont particularly like watching him fight. Phone Post 3.0

Coming from a pro fighter? How dare you.
The question was asked, I answered.

Am I supposed to like every fighter or something? Phone Post 3.0

No, Dana said Nate isn't a "needle pusher", adding that he prefers to blaze up instead

vintirex - I dont particularly like watching him fight. Phone Post 3.0
You must not like exciting fights Phone Post 3.0

I Wild Each It -
json123 - Then why don't they just release him from his contract if he isn't a needle mover.

Exactly. If he isn't a draw, then there should be no concern about him going to Bellator.
U guys are idiots!
It's well known he got a signing bonus when he did his last contract so UFC should not release him until he fulfills it as they have him an advance on the fights he now refuses to do. Phone Post 3.0

Let him go not move the needle for Bellator.

fenatic - Nate destroyed both headliners of last card, he destroyed Maynard. Lost 2 fights, both were without a real camp, Fact. Nate can rule that division, Fact. Nate is huge Needle Mover, Fact. Phone Post 3.0

I don't see Nate getting past Pettis, Bendo, Gil, Thompson or Khabib.

RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap - The Diaz brothers have a very loyal and rabid fanbase, but it isn't as large as the Diaz fans would want you to believe. They're not as polarizing as people would have you think either, because a lot of people who watch mma couldn't give two shits about them. I find their fights exciting personally, but I don't think the majority of fans give a shit about Nate. Nick is far more popular, even if it's still a drop in the bucket of the overall fanbase.

Nick isn't even half as popular as BJ or GSP, but with how vocal the fans are, you'd think he was more popular than Fedor x (Gsp + BJ) ^ Brock.

This is a negotiation tactic by Dana to try and get him back in the octagon, but he isn't completely bullshitting here.
/end thread Phone Post 3.0

Zxanthion - 
ilikeyou - 
Zxanthion - 
Chris27 - 

Who has been 'fired' for a loss with fights left on their contract? While I'm no Oracle of knowledge, I'd be willing to wager they were either paid off or had no fights left, maybe a rolling 1 fight contract etc.

Gerald Harris was released of his contract after the Falcao fight. He was undefeated int he UFC before that.

Countless others.

cool hand Ed - 
RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap - The Diaz brothers have a very loyal and rabid fanbase, but it isn't as large as the Diaz fans would want you to believe. They're not as polarizing as people would have you think either, because a lot of people who watch mma couldn't give two shits about them. I find their fights exciting personally, but I don't think the majority of fans give a shit about Nate. Nick is far more popular, even if it's still a drop in the bucket of the overall fanbase.

Nick isn't even half as popular as BJ or GSP, but with how vocal the fans are, you'd think he was more popular than Fedor x (Gsp + BJ) ^ Brock.

This is a negotiation tactic by Dana to try and get him back in the octagon, but he isn't completely bullshitting here.
/end thread Phone Post 3.0

He's actually completely wrong about that. Nate and Nicks numbers are huge.
Nate KOn Maynard outdrew Henderson vs Belfort and Hunt vs Bigfoot..you know, the free events before and after his TUF finale card.
He also has the 3rd highest FOX rating, which he doubled from his first time out with that insane performance against Miller.

Nick is obviously a huge draw. No need to break that down

What kind of numbers did nick vs bj pull(awful)? Nick had to be carried by GSP in their ppv. And now realize that Nick is a much bigger pull than nate.

So again I say, /end thread Phone Post 3.0

Bj vs nick did 280k. I just looked it up. Phone Post 3.0