Dana says Shavkat versus Belal next

Neal has much better boxing than belal. I also think shavkat tasted what neal had and didnt mind eating shots, same way Golovkin does in boxing.

Belal is in a similar situation to Dariush. Both guys are good, ranked fighters, but they aren’t filling arenas or setting PPV records on their own. People need to be interested in watching you fight on a large scale.

4 Likes

Dariush is one of my favorites and I know Im the minority

He has no top-5 fights other than Leon where he got pieced up before having to quit, kinda hard to sell. I think he’s deserving of a title shot skill wise but with 0 charisma and 0 top wins he can’t get a shot. If he won the belt his first defense would do <100k buys unless he fought Rousey or McGregor. Not his fault but that’s just how businesses work, he’s even the B side against Shavkhat.

2 Likes

Hopefully Shaved cat Rockman can beat down that boring ass Belal

2 Likes

Shavkat is a185 pound Zombie. He should make the fight exciting if he can keep Belal off his crotch

2 Likes

This should be a great fight. Belial has shown a lot of improvement. Shavkat will do well to earn this highlight. It will make him a better fighter.

This poll (with more than 23,000 votes) is going Belal’s way:

The winner of Burns vs. Masvidal is a distant second.

1 Like

A few Belal retweets over the past several hours:

Ariel is opposed to Covington getting another title shot too (not that many people here care what Ariel has to say).

1 Like

It’s called racism and politics. The UFC is no longer a sport, it’s entertainment right in line with WWE.

If Belal sucked Trump’s dick like Colby does, he’d have already gotten a shot at the belt. Hell, forget the Trump gimmick - if he was just white with a boring name, he’d have gotten a shot by now.

1 Like

Belal and Colby are both boring generally but if they have a good opponent they can have exciting fights.

However, the difference is painfully obvious.

Colby actually markets his fights.

Belal is quiet and has never done anything memorable on the mic or anytime.

Colby is a promoters dream.

Very obvious

3 Likes

Accurate assessment

1 Like

He is boring that’s why

1 Like

The highlight of Colby’s career was going 10 rounds with Usman. He lost both fights.

His last 3 wins:
Masvidal (2 fight losing streak)
Woodley (2 fight losing streak)
Lawler (2 fight losing streak)

Fuck the UFC when they pull this bullshit. Colby sat out for a year. He doesn’t deserve another title shot. Belal has been actively fighting and willing to fight any top contender. He’s coming off a dominant TKO win against an undefeated Luque. He has a stronger claim to fight for the belt than Colby.

Yet, when they faught each other the first time they put on one of the most enjoyable fights I’ve seen, so at least they’ve got that. I cannot ever see Belal being part of a FOTY candidate.

I think the UFC knows what they’re doing with this matchup, and Shavkat is going to derail any talk of Belal fighting for a title.

3 Likes

How do you know if you never give him a fight against anyone in the top 3

Colby has zero wins against a top 10 WW

The UFC definitely knows what they’re doing with this match-up. It shows their rankings hold no merit.

3 Likes

Colby should be the one facing Shavkat, Belal should be the one getting the next title fight. Dude is on an 8 fight win streak and has been actively fighting. Just another reminder that the UFC puts profit over legitimacy.

2 Likes