Dana to Nate: "Sit out the rest of your career"

"Some people just suck way too much UFC d--," Diaz tweeted. "An they where cowboy hats."

On Tuesday, White used his platform on UFC.com to swing back at the Stockton native.

"Nate can do whatever he wants to do," White said. "Nate can sit out and not suck any UFC whatever, for as long as he wants to. Who cares, he's a grown man. Sit out for as long as you want, sit out the rest of your career, it's your decision. But to start making fun of guys who actually like to fight, and guys who go out there and put on unbelievable fights and people love to see him? [Cowboy] steps up and does what he does. People love ‘Cowboy' Cerrone."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/15/5903669/dana-white-responds-to-nate-diaz-sit-out-the-rest-of-your-career-its

Why does Diaz hate Cerrone so much? The guy fought him, showed him respect afterwards even after Diaz was a dick during the fight.

I like Nick and Nate. Now Nick isn't talking too much. He wants a big or Title fight, or otherwise will stay retired. I can respect that. He doesn't shit talk Matt Brown, and turn down a fight with him. He seems to have matured significantly in some ways. Nate though keeps shit talking fighters, which is fine, buy don't do it but turn down fights with them. Get out there and knock out the last few fights on the contract, then you can renegotiate. Right now he doesn't have any leverage. While others are staying active and adding to their own resume's, Nate is doing nothing. I'm a huge Diaz fan. I just don't want Nate to piss away his prime. He only has a small window to make money. All the momentum he had when he blasted out Gray is gone. He needs Gil or Jake or someone to be honest and tell him he is fucking up.

WrestlingSucks - Why does Diaz hate Cerrone so much? The guy fought him, showed him respect afterwards even after Diaz was a dick during the fight.

He's pretty much hating on any lightweight that's getting a main event slot now. He and Nick are both going to go down as two of the biggest wastes of talent MMA ever had.

Nate had never been stopped by strikes in 24 fights. Then Thomson caught him with a big headkick and made it look easy. Maybe he's still struggling with that. Phone Post 3.0

I love the Diaz bros, but I wish they would just fight Phone Post 3.0

Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.

Dana is right. And Cerrone would win the rematch. There are several fighters in the division now that would smoke Nate every single time.

F'd around and missed his window. Nick too.

stonepony - Dana is right. And Cerrone would win the rematch. There are several fighters in the division now that would smoke Nate every single time.

I am a big fan of Cerrone, but I don't know what you are basing that on. Nate's last fight was like 9 months ago and he looked spectacular. Donald was getting beat to the punch in both of his last two fights before pulling off nice finishes but finishing Nate is no easy task.

Time may have made you forget how badly Nate destroyed Donald when they fought.

Perfect response from Dana.

I just dont understand the logic of What Nate is doing. I understand the reason, he wants more money. But sitting on the sidelines, talking shit, bumping heads with Dana is a losing proposition. Especially when He's 1-3 in his recent fights. Nate's not exactly in a great spot to renegotiate.

KnowAnySailors -
I Wild Each It - Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.
Nate is a draw? Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

I don't really care if Nate ever fights again cause they a plenty of other fighters willing to step up and fight......he can bitch about money all he wants but he's not gonna make any sitting in the sidelines hey how about this hi on a win streak and then ask for more money you won 1 fight out of your last 3 and guy you beat has been KOd in his last 3 fights before that you got dominated and finished Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure dana loves financially irresponsible fighters that put themselves in position where they have to fight. Phone Post 3.0

Robert Paulson - 
KnowAnySailors -
I Wild Each It - Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.
Nate is a draw? Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Fucking nubs get the fuck out of here and go watch extreme knitting that's more up your alley. 

And I'd bet you'd negotiate with terrorists too. Phone Post 3.0

Kimbos Lice - 
And I'd bet you'd negotiate with terrorists too. Phone Post 3.0

No one else is standing up for fighter's pay.. so might as well be those mother fuckers. 

I Wild Each It - Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.

More than all but 25 people? Nick yes, Nate no, not anymore.

Nate could have already finished his lowball contract already (which was his manager's fault, not Zuffa's) if he hadn't been a bitch about everything, and he could have moved back into contendership. Normally I'm sympathetic with people getting underpaid in the UFC, but not for someone who willingly went from $50k + $50k a fight to $15k + $15k (I guess he got a nice signing bonus?).

Hard to fault Dana White here.

Nate should ask for Edson Barboza or Rustam Khabilov right now, not Matt Brown. Hell, after pissing away so much good will he should start off by asking for someone outside the Top 15 so the UFC doesn't have to worry about him beating a ranked dude and then immediately grandstanding again.

Man up, be a professional, and he can still have a fine career.

Release him then Dana ! Phone Post 3.0

mghan44 - 
stonepony - Dana is right. And Cerrone would win the rematch. There are several fighters in the division now that would smoke Nate every single time.

I am a big fan of Cerrone, but I don't know what you are basing that on. Nate's last fight was like 9 months ago and he looked spectacular. Donald was getting beat to the punch in both of his last two fights before pulling off nice finishes but finishing Nate is no easy task.

Time may have made you forget how badly Nate destroyed Donald when they fought.

Barboza would wreck Nate. I think Cerrone made the mistake of allowing ego to get in the way. If he hadn't changed his style to trade punches with Nate, he would have won. Where was his kickboxing in that fight? He stood flat-footed and ate jabs.

stonepony - Dana is right. And Cerrone would win the rematch. There are several fighters in the division now that would smoke Nate every single time.

Uh, cerrone had not a clue for nate. Can't beat him on feet, can't beat him on ground. 10/10 nate beats his ass. And I like cerrone.

Nate needs to just get booted. Simple as hell. Let's see if the ufc brass will ignore the shit Nate does just to force him to stay on contract, while dropping other fighters for jokes on Twitter.

Bellator will pay Nate his proper dues. Phone Post 3.0