Dana to Nate: "Sit out the rest of your career"

Rob San Soo - Release him then Dana ! Phone Post 3.0
He won't get out that easy Phone Post 3.0

Also Dana having a ppv under 100k is losing them money. Nate main events. So does Nick.

They'll sit out and live off old ufc money, but the ufc will keep having mediocre events.

Good work dana. You should have fixed nates contract as soon as you gave his training partner his new deal. Dumb ass boss. Phone Post 3.0

Dana knows they'll both come back when they run out of money. The Diaz bros are playing a short game, Dana's playing the long game. He knows he has the upper hand, and wisely refuses to give that up. Phone Post 3.0

Tossed_Salad - How much money can the Diaz Brothers have squirreled away?

How do they make money without pro MMA fights?

I cant understand how Nick is retired and Nate is basically refusing any money because their (UFC) contract cash isnt good enough anymore...the numbers dont seem to add up?

Theyre young guys, gotta have a fairly extravagant lifestyles... #stocktonlife Phone Post 3.0
They run a gym, are main event fighters that will forever have a name in bjj and mma.

They have income. Dana saying they have to fight to make money is garbage promoter talk. Dana could have fixed this shit behind the scenes. Nate has 18 fights for ufc, main event or co main event like his last 4 out of 5, and wasn't taken care of like his training partner that has 0 loyalty to the ufc.

Shit is simple business. If a close co-worker gets a huge fucking raise and I work hard, stay loyal, and found out. When I ask the boss, the smart move is to rush me up, give raise too, and keep the good workers happy.

Dana letting this boil was just absolutely fucking stupid. Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom -
Robert Paulson - 
KnowAnySailors -
I Wild Each It - Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.
Nate is a draw? Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Fucking nubs get the fuck out of here and go watch extreme knitting that's more up your alley. 

Chill princess diaries. People are allowed to think different than you, it's ok. Phone Post 3.0

"An they where" Phone Post 3.0

I've defended and hugged the nuts of both Diaz bros on here many times, but man...fucking with Cerrone isn't cool. yeah, Nate beat his ass, but Cerrone is a game motherfucker and someone who should be respected by fans, fighters and promoters alike Can't believe I'm saying it but this shit is getting old...they need to fight, win...and then talk some shit. They'll get paid...

KnowAnySailors -
I Wild Each It - Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.
Enough of a draw to main or co main his last 4 out of 5. Enough of a draw that Dana white won't let him fight for Bellator. Enough of a draw that Dana has to answer questions 7 months into 2014 just because nate tweets one thing. Enough of a draw you came in this thread, even if it was to bash him. Enough of a draw to laugh at anyone saying Dana is doing the smart move when they had their lowest ppv in 7 years.

Church. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, the Diaz brothers are somewhat of a draw and people enjoy watching them fight, but Dana giving in would likely lead to more fighters pulling this. Phone Post 3.0

rockfists -
KnowAnySailors -
Enough of a draw to main or co main his last 4 out of 5. Enough of a draw that Dana white won't let him fight for Bellator. Enough of a draw that Dana has to answer questions 7 months into 2014 just because nate tweets one thing. Enough of a draw you came in this thread, even if it was to bash him. Enough of a draw to laugh at anyone saying Dana is doing the smart move when they had their lowest ppv in 7 years.

Church. Phone Post 3.0
Amen! Phone Post 3.0

Harold_Howard - "An they where" Phone Post 3.0
If Dana paid him more he could afford an English tutor. Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom -
Kimbos Lice - 
And I'd bet you'd negotiate with terrorists too. Phone Post 3.0

No one else is standing up for fighter's pay.. so might as well be those mother fuckers. 

Ban. There's a lot of thing said about the Diaz brothers but motherfuckers is out of line IMO Phone Post 3.0

Guessing Nate took offense when Cerrone said everybody was scared to fight Nurmagomedov since Nate had recently turned down the fight.

I'ma ll for fighters getting more money, but this isn't the way to do it.  You can't sign a contract then change your mind one fight later because a teammate signed a better contract and you decide youwant more money. The problem isn't about honoring contracts, but because it puts Zuffa in a position where they can't do it.  If they did then it opens the floodgates and everybody would start doing the same thing.  There are ways to go about renogitiating, but this isn't a good one.  Very few people have the name recogition, value and influence to hold out like this and force a new contract, but Nate is not one of them.

Maybe, but how does their pay compare? I could easily name 25 fighters who are a bigger draw than them. Neither of them will ever win a title. So what's the point here? When you're 2 of 100 fighters that people love to watch, your value gets diluted. Especially when you're not ever going to be a champion. Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't Nick get a PPV cut? If he is a big draw getting a PPV cut means he will get paid. Phone Post 3.0

JoeHurley - 

Guessing Nate took offense when Cerrone said everybody was scared to fight Nurmagomedov since Nate had recently turned down the fight.

I'ma ll for fighters getting more money, but this isn't the way to do it.  You can't sign a contract then change your mind one fight later because a teammate signed a better contract and you decide youwant more money. The problem isn't about honoring contracts, but because it puts Zuffa in a position where they can't do it.  If they did then it opens the floodgates and everybody would start doing the same thing.  There are ways to go about renogitiating, but this isn't a good one.  Very few people have the name recogition, value and influence to hold out like this and force a new contract, but Nate is not one of them.

Well, despite the misconceptions by the MMA media, Nate isn't changing his mind because of Gilbert's contract. Nate's issues with the UFC became public over 1 month before Gil signed the Bellator contract (about a month and a half before the UFC contract). And also it's important to remember: the UFC is able to cut fighters at will. In other words: it's perfectly acceptable for the UFC to disregard Nate's obligation to do 8 fights, but it's not acceptable for Nate to disregard the UFC's obligation to pay $60,000?

This whole fighter pay issue has been convoluted by the UFC. Maybe this isn't the best business strategy (for renegotiation) by Nate, but I can't help but support him.

Man, I'm always defending the Diaz brothers, but I can't here. Nate is fucking up, I don't know what he thinks he's doing, sitting out isn't gonna get him anywhere. Phone Post 3.0

blakemp - 
JoeHurley - 

Well, despite the misconceptions by the MMA media, Nate isn't changing his mind because of Gilbert's contract. Nate's issues with the UFC became public over 1 month before Gil signed the Bellator contract (about a month and a half before the UFC contract). And also it's important to remember: the UFC is able to cut fighters at will. In other words: it's perfectly acceptable for the UFC to disregard Nate's obligation to do 8 fights, but it's not acceptable for Nate to disregard the UFC's obligation to pay $60,000?

This whole fighter pay issue has been convoluted by the UFC. Maybe this isn't the best business strategy (for renegotiation) by Nate, but I can't help but support him.

I'm just going by Nate's comments in interviews about being unhappy with pay and how much Gil got. I admit I don't know the facts, but it is what it is at this point.

As for the UFC being able to cut at will and Nate not being able to disregard the $60,000, yesit's perfectly acceptable since those were the terms of the contract he signed.  Both sides can negotiate and ask for what they want, but once they agree and sign then you have to abide by it.  Nate should be more upset with his manager than Zuffa because they're doing what they are supposed to do in getting the best deal they can.  He pays his manager to do the same and obviously he wasn't happy with what he got. 

Either way, whether we agree with him or not, he is not going to force them to renegotiate this way.  They cannot afford to fold when it's been made so public.

Sir Psycho Sexy - Man, I'm always defending the Diaz brothers, but I can't here. Nate is fucking up, I don't know what he thinks he's doing, sitting out isn't gonna get him anywhere. Phone Post 3.0
Nate's just so shortsighted, and kinda uneducated, to realize what's going on. He doesn't realize that even if he fulfills his contract and loses, he'll make more money. He's so shortsighted, I almost don't even blame him. I blame the people around him. They're paid to advise him yet they don't give him good advice. It kills me to watch this, because Nate doesn't deserve to be treated like this. Yet he not only allows it, he defends it and thinks it's the only way to go. Phone Post 3.0

Feelz Good -
Sir Psycho Sexy - Man, I'm always defending the Diaz brothers, but I can't here. Nate is fucking up, I don't know what he thinks he's doing, sitting out isn't gonna get him anywhere. Phone Post 3.0
Nate's just so shortsighted, and kinda uneducated, to realize what's going on. He doesn't realize that even if he fulfills his contract and loses, he'll make more money. He's so shortsighted, I almost don't even blame him. I blame the people around him. They're paid to advise him yet they don't give him good advice. It kills me to watch this, because Nate doesn't deserve to be treated like this. Yet he not only allows it, he defends it and thinks it's the only way to go. Phone Post 3.0
It seemed, at one point, that Nate was the one that had his head screwed on better than than Nick. But lately, he's completely flipped. Phone Post 3.0