Dana, we know you still read these threads...

Come back. We need more of you, not less. You gave up on the UG because of the negativity. Well, hasn't it always been that way?

Then you stop doing scrums. And that was a huge mistake. The fighters aren't going to stick around and talk at length with the media like you used to, and even if they were willing to, they wouldn't be able to give us half the things you gave us in terms of what's going on behind the scenes. In general just keeping us in the loop. We don't get that anymore.

We've lost Rogan on the UG, and hardly any fighters come here anymore. Just ignore the pricks and the cunts. The sport felt more alive when we had complete access to you with the post fight scrums and the occasional drop in on certain threads.

Besides, the best way to beat the negativity is to get ahead of it, refute it, and put those chicken little crybabies on blast, like you used to. I've followed this sport for a over a decade, but only on thru these internet forums and comment sections for about half that time. And for that entire time, there has always been people who are certain the sky is falling. Most of us know better, but like always there are still those who try to act like they know more about your business than you do. All I'm saying is get back in here and get in front of that ignorant shit like you used to.

You used to be the most accessible Executive in any sport, now you hardly even yell at people on twitter anymore. If you're burnt out, that's one thing, but leaving this place because of all the negative cunts? That's not going to cut it. You have to come back and interact with those who still appreciate how easy it was to interact with you.

Aaaand....Que the cunts

He gave up on ALL interaction because the media pissed him off.  He has repeatedly shown he doesn't care about fans disliking him. The journalists can affect his bottom line, it's them he's shut everyone out because of.

ChaosOverkill - 

He gave up on ALL interaction because the media pissed him off.  He has repeatedly shown he doesn't care about fans disliking him. The journalists can affect his bottom line, it's them he's shut everyone out because of.

Well then, with what he said about wanting to trim down the amount of media that votes on which fighter is ranked where, then just do scrums with those guys. Give those media members the access that he used to throw around so freely.

But seriously, when was the last time he came here. This place is for the fans, not the media, yet he doesn't even come here anymore. I'm certain he lurks, or has someone trawling thru all the bullshit that gets posted.

Mr Bungle - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Well then, with what he said about wanting to trim down the amount of media that votes on which fighter is ranked where, then just do scrums with those guys. Give those media members the access that he used to throw around so freely.

The problem is, he's handing a real journalist a hard situation to stomach, if they are of a level and knowledge and integrity he ssays he wants, they are going to want more stories and more access to the truth and compelling info, not just what Dana wants them to know.

And a big fat gay "lol" at 99% of the people who call themselves "MMA MEDIA". Even some of those people that some fans respect are total toolbags. Just because you "covered" the sport before it was cool to do so, that doesn't make you a journalist. Josh Gross can have all the credentials in the world, but just because he covered the sport years before almost anyone else that's still around, doesn't make him a journalist. Never seen a bigger dickhead than Josh Gross in any sport. He's up there with the worst the NFL or MLB has to offer.

yes i do u fuckin goof

Mr Bungle - But seriously, when was the last time he came here. This place is for the fans, not the media, yet he doesn't even come here anymore. I'm certain he lurks, or has someone trawling thru all the bullshit that gets posted.

It's connected enough that what he says here will get picked up on, plus Calo trolled him a couple of times with convincing trolls that got him banned where he convinced people Dana had said something or done saomething he hadn't. That was the straw that broke the camels back and you won't stop guys like Calo from pdoing that stuff because really Dana unfortunately is his own worst enemy when he lets full emotion dictate his reactions.

If he was able to stop throwing fighters under the bus it would been enough IMO, but with GSP he crossed a line that set a new low bar for opinion on him. It's one thing to toss midcarders or prelim fighters like that, but your champ, it's going to have an echo for a while.

ChaosOverkill - 
Mr Bungle - 
ChaosOverkill - 

The problem is, he's handing a real journalist a hard situation to stomach, if they are of a level and knowledge and integrity he ssays he wants, they are going to want more stories and more access to the truth and compelling info, not just what Dana wants them to know.

I think I get what your saying, but let me make sure. You're saying people like John Morgan, Chiapetta, Damon Martin, etc... will want more access and not just the stuff that Dana wishes them to print? That's fine, but Dana shouldn't be expected to do their work for them. They don't have to go to Dana for information. They can go to other execs, to the fighters for their stories. They're the ones who make this sport exciting to begin with. Dana just adds a layer that at times can be refreshing. The ease of access that he gave the fans in unexpected in sports, but it's something I actually liked and miss.

well, why don't you just tweet him and follow him on tweeter? You can message him directly.

I'm very satisfied with UFC content without DFW, he's not needed. I wouldn't be opposed to someone else doing the scrums or doing the pressers giving us some more background information without the over the power tripping and over the top opinions.

ChaosOverkill - 
Mr Bungle - But seriously, when was the last time he came here. This place is for the fans, not the media, yet he doesn't even come here anymore. I'm certain he lurks, or has someone trawling thru all the bullshit that gets posted.

It's connected enough that what he says here will get picked up on, plus Calo trolled him a couple of times with convincing trolls that got him banned where he convinced people Dana had said something or done saomething he hadn't. That was the straw that broke the camels back and you won't stop guys like Calo from pdoing that stuff because really Dana unfortunately is his own worst enemy when he lets full emotion dictate his reactions.

If he was able to stop throwing fighters under the bus it would been enough IMO, but with GSP he crossed a line that set a new low bar for opinion on him. It's one thing to toss midcarders or prelim fighters like that, but your champ, it's going to have an echo for a while.

I wasn't aware of the stuff you're speaking about with Calo. I've seen him here but don't know a thing about him.

And the stuff with GSP, that obviously bothered the fans more than it bothered GSP. GSP isn't one to hold back his emotions or his tongue.

Here's the thing about Dana, he's brutally honest and he's a human being, on top of being the President of the largest MMA organization in the world. With that comes a ton of pressure. His brutal honesty sometimes gets in the way of common decency and he does things he probably shouldn't do. I'm willing to be he regrets doing that to GSP, but I'm also willing to be he and GSP have already worked that entire thing out and have found some common ground.

Mertvaya Ruka - well, why don't you just tweet him and follow him on tweeter? You can message him directly.

I'm very satisfied with UFC content without DFW, he's not needed. I wouldn't be opposed to someone else doing the scrums or doing the pressers giving us some more background information without the over the power tripping and over the top opinions.

Does it really make you feel like a man to act like a hard ass over the internet? I've always wondered that about people like yourself. I couldn't do it, act like a dickhead for no reason, but if it makes you feel like a man, more power to you I suppose.

I wonder how many of these people like the guy above who said he can do without Dana blah blah blah are some of the same people who were saying Bjorn Rebney would be the savior of MMA and praised him as such. Those same people that said Bjorn treats his fighters better than Dana.

Mr Bungle - 
Mertvaya Ruka - well, why don't you just tweet him and follow him on tweeter? You can message him directly.

Does it really make you feel like a man to act like a hard ass over the internet? I've always wondered that about people like yourself. I couldn't do it, act like a dickhead for no reason, but if it makes you feel like a man, more power to you I suppose.

I'm not sure why you feel that way, I only shared my opinion, what makes you think I'm a "hard ass", because I don't share your sentiments? Or perhaps you don't find it "proper" I comment on your emo thread?

Mr Bungle - 
ChaosOverkill - 
Mr Bungle - 
ChaosOverkill - 

<br />
        <span class="User-270591" id="userPost51705915"><span class="User-308438" id="userPost51705861"><span class="User-270591" id="userPost51705818">Well then, with what he said about wanting to trim down the amount of media that votes on which fighter is ranked where, then just do scrums with those guys. Give those media members the access that he used to throw around so freely.</span></span></span></blockquote>
    <br />
    <p>
        <span class="User-270591" id="userPost51705915"><span class="User-308438" id="userPost51705861">The problem is, he's handing a real journalist a hard situation to stomach, if they are of a level and knowledge and integrity he ssays he wants, they are going to want more stories and more access to the truth and compelling info, not just what Dana wants them to know.</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<br />
<span class="User-270591" id="userPost51705915">I think I get what your saying, but let me make sure. You're saying people like John Morgan, Chiapetta, Damon Martin, etc... will want more access and not just the stuff that Dana wishes them to print? That's fine, but Dana shouldn't be expected to do their work for them. They don't have to go to Dana for information. They can go to other execs, to the fighters for their stories. They're the ones who make this sport exciting to begin with. Dana just adds a layer that at times can be refreshing. The ease of access that he gave the fans in unexpected in sports, but it's something I actually liked and miss.</span></blockquote>

But media is always give and take, you can't ONLY blindside people and there seems to be a pretty strong line towing amongst Dana and the Fertitas on issues, if they didn't think his ways were hurting them they would stop him from doing it, and relative to your thread, maybe they have dialed him back and it's not just him dialing back.

Media increases profile as much as it serves the outlets to have access, again a two ways street. YOu can't resent needing access when a story breaks or heat when a mistake is made and Dana talking down to certain people for hard questions is a relationship that goes nowhere. If they aren't calling Lorenzo and he is willing to talk and give them stories, well then that is on them, but I kind of doubt that's what is happening because Ariel would have been doing it, and may have started when they gave him his ultimatum. The UFC is having a star power issue, the options are:

1. Sign more legit stars or develop/ market them

2. Make a deal with ESPN or a competitor that is a heaveyweight in news, Fox Sports just isn't.

Mr Bungle - I wonder how many of these people like the guy above who said he can do without Dana blah blah blah are some of the same people who were saying Bjorn Rebney would be the savior of MMA and praised him as such. Those same people that said Bjorn treats his fighters better than Dana.

lol, I never backed Rebney and always found him repulsive. I'm not "Bellator Fan" or the 2 other guys who supported him.

The last straw for me with DFW is how he shat all over GSP. Dana even appeared on Canadian media right after that, he couldn't even apologize, he played it off like it was a "miscommunication".

He made his bed, I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way.

Dana's not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do!

Mertvaya Ruka - 
Mr Bungle - I wonder how many of these people like the guy above who said he can do without Dana blah blah blah are some of the same people who were saying Bjorn Rebney would be the savior of MMA and praised him as such. Those same people that said Bjorn treats his fighters better than Dana.
<br />
<span class="User-307987" id="userPost51706097">lol, I never backed Rebney and always found him repulsive. I'm not &quot;Bellator Fan&quot; or the 2 other guys who supported him.<br />
<br />
The last straw for me with DFW is how he shat all over GSP. Dana even appeared on Canadian media right after that, he couldn't even apologize, he played it off like it was a &quot;miscommunication&quot;.<br />
<br />
He made his bed, I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way.</span></blockquote>

Yeah pretty much this, if he had apologized and just admit he reacts poorly as a huge fan of his own product and the type of personality he has it would have mended some of the problem he created but he was steadfast that he did no wrong, tried to orchestrate nothing and that GSP was part of the problem. It was absurd.

ChaosOverkill - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
<br />
<span class="User-307987" id="userPost51706097">lol, I never backed Rebney and always found him repulsive. I'm not &quot;Bellator Fan&quot; or the 2 other guys who supported him.<br />
<br />
The last straw for me with DFW is how he shat all over GSP. Dana even appeared on Canadian media right after that, he couldn't even apologize, he played it off like it was a &quot;miscommunication&quot;.<br />
<br />
He made his bed, I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way.</span></blockquote>

Yeah pretty much this, if he had apologized and just admit he reacts poorly as a huge fan of his own product and the type of personality he has it would have mended some of the problem he created but he was steadfast that he did no wrong, tried to orchestrate nothing and that GSP was part of the problem. It was absurd.

Yeah, I was truly hoping he would apologize and put an end to this. I was once a DFW supporter but he's made it impossible for me to continue and it only got worse and worse since then, he's made a ton of bad calls since then. (High, Askren, Diaz, Melendez, "fuck you and your dollar", appearing in interviews and basically telling the fans to go fuck themselves and so on)