Dana: We want Mousasi.

When asked, on a scale of 1 to 5, how bad do want Mousasi. Dana says 7. (11:40 mark)

Also admits to pressuring guys to be exciting.

LINK

I have a slight problem with 'pressuring guys to be exciting' because that's what the rules should be geared towards. IMO.

And of course they want Mousasi, he's a great fighter.

Mousasi would be a good fit in the UFC. He's young and does have a long career ahead of him.

This "would have" been a relevant news item had they not just passed on him.

Mad Xyientist - This "would have" been a relevant news item had they not just passed on him.

slanted way to look at the current situation, IMO.

Also i'm sure they are keeping an eye on him and will make a play when his contract is up.

Mad Xyientist - This "would have" been a relevant news item had they not just passed on him.

If by "passed on him" you mean offered him more money than he signed for after being lied to by his agent... then yes, you make sense. Gegard will be in the UFC once his obligation to M-1 is met.

I think the whole M-1 thing is going to throw a wrench in the negotiations when they happen.
With Fedor getting old and M-1 realizing when he is gone they will have nothing left do you not think they will make a strong push to keep Mousasi. Maybe even offer him a stake in the company. He could be the next Fedor. Fights nobodies, stays undefeated, stays out of the UFC, becomes mysterious, internet nerds start leeching onto his balls.
Good plan IMO.

I would love to see Mousasi and Silva fight. Best matchup out there IMO.

RyannVonDoom - 
bhamill - 

If by "passed on him" you mean offered him more money than he signed for after being lied to by his agent... then yes, you make sense. Gegard will be in the UFC once his obligation to M-1 is met.

And by "offered him more money" you mean "we would have offered him more," Meaning they didn't do shit?

I "would have" disagreed with RyanVonDoom (if he weren't correct).

mousasi doesnt seem to be the type to be cntent with that sort of thing

Forget about Mousasi getting into the UFC.  The UFC has a non-negotiable position that they won't co-promote with anyone.  M1 Global has a non-negotiable position that if you want their fighters, you have to co-promote.

Mad Xyientist - 
RyannVonDoom - 
bhamill - 

And by "offered him more money" you mean "we would have offered him more," Meaning they didn't do shit?
I "would have" disagreed with RyanVonDoom (if he weren't correct).

As evidenced by Mousasi's non denial that he was lied to by his agent about the UFC offer when he was asked flat out. OK.

Unless Mousasi signed a lifetime contract I'm confident he will fight in the UFC. He's not Fedor who has a piece of M-1... When his contract is up he won't stay with them, he will look out for himself.

MuchRespec' - I have a slight problem with 'pressuring guys to be exciting' because that's what the rules should be geared towards. IMO.

take it up with keith kizer

Anybody else curious as to why the mediocre interest in Hansen, Alavarez, and Aoki?

All 3 are ranked above any LW the UFC has outside of Penn.

Like shit. I want to see guys like JZ, Joachim, Aoki and Alvarez fight in the UFC!

I wouldn't be so sure that fighting for Strikeforce isn't "looking out for himself."

1)  He's their LHW Champion and will be one of their top 5 biggest stars

2)  He will be the main event EVERY TIME he fights

3)  He can fight as frequently as he wants with the type of card space Strikeforce will have

4)  He can fight on CBS

5)  He can fight overseas for DREAM or M-1 as he will be soon

6)  He can Box

7)  He can Kickbox

8)  He gets revenue from EA Games as opposed to getting nothing from THQ

9)  He can be sponsored by anyone he wants, not just the UFC "approved" sponsors

In the UFC, he will get 3 fights a year max, he won't be the main event, he can't fight anywhere else, and he will have to sacrifice revenue from EA and likely sponsor money.  Sounds like not such a great trade to me.

"2)  He will be the main event EVERY TIME he fights"

How did you conclude that?

call it an educated guess

Strikeforce is doing something like 16 cards in the next 12 months.  They need main event fighters in the worst way.  Fedor is good for 2-3 of those, Cyborg is good for 2-3, that leaves 11 cards that need main events.

Gilbert Melendez, Gegard Mousasi, and the winner of Mayhem/Shields about all they have for main event material.  Stylistically, Mousasi is the biggest layup of all those fighters for an exciting fight each time. 

PJ Benn Fan -  Anybody else curious as to why the mediocre interest in Hansen, Alavarez, and Aoki?

All 3 are ranked above any LW the UFC has outside of Penn.

Like shit. I want to see guys like JZ, Joachim, Aoki and Alvarez fight in the UFC!

Hansen has stated publically that he will never fight in the UFC under their current contract and the way they go out to "own" a fighter.

orcus -  "2)  He will be the main event EVERY TIME he fights"

How did you conclude that?

more than likely ME or Co-ME

Mad Xyientist -  I wouldn't be so sure that fighting for Strikeforce isn't "looking out for himself."

1)  He's their LHW Champion and will be one of their top 5 biggest stars
2)  He will be the main event EVERY TIME he fights
3)  He can fight as frequently as he wants with the type of card space Strikeforce will have
4)  He can fight on CBS
5)  He can fight overseas for DREAM or M-1 as he will be soon
6)  He can Box
7)  He can Kickbox
8)  He gets revenue from EA Games as opposed to getting nothing from THQ
9)  He can be sponsored by anyone he wants, not just the UFC "approved" sponsors

In the UFC, he will get 3 fights a year max, he won't be the main event, he can't fight anywhere else, and he will have to sacrifice revenue from EA and likely sponsor money.  Sounds like not such a great trade to me.

If it is better for him then he will.

But I have a feeling that if Strikeforce bucks the M-1 curse (and I hope they do) it will be by keeping costs down. There's a reason most of the better fighters are in the UFC: they make more money. So what if he "only" fights 3 times a year (does he want to fight more than that every year?) and doesn't get EA money? The larger exposure gets him bigger (UFC approved) sponsors and he gets better pay... sounds like a real good tradeoff to me... But we will see.