Dana: We want Mousasi.

Mad Xyientist -  I wouldn't be so sure that fighting for Strikeforce isn't "looking out for himself."

1)  He's their LHW Champion and will be one of their top 5 biggest stars
2)  He will be the main event EVERY TIME he fights
3)  He can fight as frequently as he wants with the type of card space Strikeforce will have
4)  He can fight on CBS
5)  He can fight overseas for DREAM or M-1 as he will be soon
6)  He can Box
7)  He can Kickbox
8)  He gets revenue from EA Games as opposed to getting nothing from THQ
9)  He can be sponsored by anyone he wants, not just the UFC "approved" sponsors

In the UFC, he will get 3 fights a year max, he won't be the main event, he can't fight anywhere else, and he will have to sacrifice revenue from EA and likely sponsor money.  Sounds like not such a great trade to me.

he made a good move, he has options, if strikforce does great he will do great, if strikeforce flops, he is still young and can go to the UFC later if he wants to

goku - 
MuchRespec' - I have a slight problem with 'pressuring guys to be exciting' because that's what the rules should be geared towards. IMO.

take it up with keith kizer

I and many others have tried many times. He just makes snide remarks in return. I've never met the man but he really does seem to have a paplapble disdain for the fans of the sport.

But yes let's pretend that Zuffa has no pull with the NSAC. Let's ignore the fact that Fertittia and Ratner are both former members.

And more importantly let's pay no attention to the fact that when other promotions offer "off the books incentives" to fighters to "keep it exciting" everybody cries work, Dana included.

It's fun to pretend.

PJ Benn Fan -  Anybody else curious as to why the mediocre interest in Hansen, Alavarez, and Aoki?

I think you are reading too much into that 1-5 scale.  WIth the exception of Mousasi and Hansen, everybody got a 3.  IMO, a 3 means "we'll take a shot at the guy when his contract comes up, but I have no interest in him right now".  Mousasi got a 7 because they just missed on him very recently.  If Aoki was a free agent right now, I am sure Dana would be very interested.

PJ Benn Fan -  Anybody else curious as to why the mediocre interest in Hansen, Alavarez, and Aoki?

Hansen will NEVER sign a UFC "slave contract" (his words), Alvarez is making $100k+ with Bellator and Aoki is, well, Aoki.

i was stoked when the reporter asked nhim those questions ive always wondered what dana thought of eddie alvarez but he said 3. eddie is a stud man but hes in the same boat as moussasi where its prolly better off not being in the ufc they will make more money outside of it.

Crazy Zimmerman -  Forget about Mousasi getting into the UFC.  The UFC has a non-negotiable position that they won't co-promote with anyone.  M1 Global has a non-negotiable position that if you want their fighters, you have to co-promote.

first M-1 has yet to get a promoters license anywhere stateside.. that includes the M-1 presents thing this weekend.. according to the kansas athletic commish the event is being promoted by titan entertainment... really M-1 should drop the "co-promotional" and just go with a "co-marketing" cuz thats really what they are doing.

Mad Xyientist -  Strikeforce is doing something like 16 cards in the next 12 months.  They need main event fighters in the worst way.  Fedor is good for 2-3 of those, Cyborg is good for 2-3, that leaves 11 cards that need main events.. 
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

I don't expect him to be in the UFC even once his contract is up with Strikeforce and Dream. If he keeps winning, negotiations will be similar to with Fedor. M-1 will not let him go if he keeps winning.

Neither will Strikeforce and FEG.

Mousassi is not ducking top competition. He'll be in the UFC after he's fulfilled his contract with Strikeforce. Mark my words.

"But yes let's pretend that Zuffa has no pull with the NSAC. Let's ignore the fact that Fertittia and Ratner are both former members."

If you were in charge at your job, would you give a shit what some guys who used to work there a decade before you wanted? Would you be eager to please them by giving them some kind of concessions? What would that gain you?

"
And more importantly let's pay no attention to the fact that when other promotions offer "off the books incentives" to fighters to "keep it exciting" everybody cries work, Dana included."

If you don't see a difference between "keep it exciting" and "keep it standing", you might be one of those "uneducated fans" that plague the U.S. I doubt Dana criticized GSP or Brock for their performances at UFC 100.