Mad Xyientist - I wouldn't be so sure that fighting for Strikeforce isn't "looking out for himself."
1) He's their LHW Champion and will be one of their top 5 biggest stars
2) He will be the main event EVERY TIME he fights
3) He can fight as frequently as he wants with the type of card space Strikeforce will have
4) He can fight on CBS
5) He can fight overseas for DREAM or M-1 as he will be soon
6) He can Box
7) He can Kickbox
8) He gets revenue from EA Games as opposed to getting nothing from THQ
9) He can be sponsored by anyone he wants, not just the UFC "approved" sponsors
In the UFC, he will get 3 fights a year max, he won't be the main event, he can't fight anywhere else, and he will have to sacrifice revenue from EA and likely sponsor money. Sounds like not such a great trade to me.
he made a good move, he has options, if strikforce does great he will do great, if strikeforce flops, he is still young and can go to the UFC later if he wants to