Dana White is a schoolyard bully?

IMO, Dana is trying to be a bully in this situation. Being a former boxercise instructor he knows the strengths and weaknesses of boxers. He is willing to have his 185 pound MMA fighter fight a 147 pound BOXER in an MMA fight. I bet he will be poking out his chest all big and bad in the event that the 185 pounder takes some leather standing and goes straight for the takedown on the much smaller and weaker 147 pounder. Im sorry, I dont know what is so great about this, do you support schoolyard bullies, that is all this looks like to me. In addition, I know im about to get flamed and you people are gonna say it's about respect.So how do you get respect? By fighting someone almost 40 pounds lighter in a sport they dont even compete in? REAL MATURE!!!

Either way, "Being a former boxercise instructor he knows the strengths and weaknesses of boxers." this is priceless.

General Disease:

I'm starting to feel very afraid that you are...onto something. lol

But it isn't that specific to Dana White, fwiw.

Weren't you one of those gungho "Go Bush!" / "Go War!" types?

I'm not trying to take you to task, just trying to understand the apparent contradiction.

If I'm wrong about the gungho stuff, I apologize.

(I do basically agree with you, fwiw, on your observation. You could also extend the insight of the observation to the way the whole UFC is produced, in terms of aesthetics, etc., though. My point is just that it doesn't begin or end with Dana White, or even the UFC.)

Yes, but when all the marketing ploys have the same pathology, "it's just a marketing ploy" sort of loses its force.

Look: I remember you, goku, from the election & war threads. You're sort of enamored of power, in whatever guise.

You post nice links, etc., and for that people like you, but a thinker you are not, and never have been.

"It's a marketing ploy" to whom, for whom, and "it's got a pathology, why?"

"Look: I remember you, goku, from the election & war threads. You're sort of enamored of power, in whatever guise."

LMAO!!! more psuedo-intellectual drivel from the jedi knight

That´s how the game is played. It is buisness......

"That´s how the game is played. It is buisness......"

So true.

People are taking this challenge far too seriously. This isn't a real challenge because it's obvious that the boxing community won't rise to it. It's quite simply a bit of promotion for the UFC and their new reality TV show.

People love to hate Dana White.

Give the guy a break. It's his job to get the UFC show/event noticed.

I like the UFC but man, after listening to Dana White talk about Chuck in the Pride finals I wouldn't want that guy in my corner coaching.

I think Dana is more a promotor and is good at it.

Is this the official position of MMA.TV? Because this thread was made by the staff and is always at the top.

It wasn't a little while ago...

Strange.

Obiwan, no im not, I actually never once clicked on the war or political threads and am not pro-war, dont feel the need to post my feelings on that.

"When people realize that boxing is inferior in every way to MMA.

It is only a matter of time, and marketing the sport.

The better sport is obvious. "

Yes, we all know BJ Penn can beat Bernard Hopkins in a boxing match, LOL!!!

PS: Why was this thread moved to what if? Too legitimate for you pro MMAers? Is it so hard to realize what Dana is doing when he is trying to get his larger fighters to fight smaller boxers in MMA? Oh yeah, I forgot, ROGUE MOD....