Dana White: Khabib has been blowing me up

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/dana-white-ufc-exploring-card-in-russia-with-khabib-nurmagomedov-082316

What Conor McGregor is to Ireland, Khabib Nurmagomedov may be to Russia very soon.

The undefeated lightweight contender is already a national celebrity in Russia — just remember what happened when he visited a Reebok outlet in Moscow as evidence.

Now it appears the UFC is starting to put some promotional muscle behind Nurmagomedov headlining a show in Russia in the near future.

"Let me give Khabib some love, Khabib has been blowing me up and I haven't really given Khabib any information, but obviously, Khabib in Russia — that wouldn't be a bad idea," White said when speaking to "UFC Unfiltered" this week.

The UFC has long explored the option to go into Russia with a show, but to date, the promotion has never gone to the country for any live events.

It appears having a top ranked contender who would draw a massive crowd helps push the UFC in the direction to finally go to Russia for a card.

White also revealed that he would be taking his reality series "Looking for a Fight" to Russia as well in the very near future for an episode alongside co-hosts Matt Serra and Din Thomas.

Nurmagomedov has been champing at the bit for a chance to fight for the lightweight title, but competing in Russia might be the next best thing as the UFC continues to expand into new territories over the next few years.

"This Khabib Nurmagomedov, well he's just explosive, Joe." Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Haram bro

I really want to make a joke about explosives and a certain religion right now.

I'll behave. Phone Post 3.0

I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers - I really want to make a joke about explosives and a certain religion right now.

I'll behave. Phone Post 3.0
You sly devil. Phone Post 3.0

This thread would've been better had OP forgotten to put "up" in the title.

I read "Khabib has been blowing me"

Fuck. Zips back up Phone Post 3.0

Glowman -

This thread would've been better had OP had forgotten to put "up" in the title.

I wanted to forget it but couldn't for the sake of acccuracy..

All I want for Khabib is for him to get the next title shot.

Just in case people have forgotten. His manager Ali Abdel Aziz is pure scum.

I don't understand how the mma media wants nothing to do with the story. Phone Post 3.0

RKing85 - All I want for Khabib is for him to get the next title shot.
Champ Alvarez wants a red pantie night, Khabib isn't getting that shot. No one wants to watch him fight Phone Post 3.0

Love Khabib and have been waiting for the UFC to make its Russian debut for a while, but when its red panty time its red panty time. Khabib can challenge 2 belt holder Conor next year in Europe.

Khabib is a ridiculously large LW

Damn, thought egg was getting his nob polished off till I went back and read the rest of the title.
cleans the spit off hand Phone Post 3.0

Robert Paulson - I read "Khabib has been blowing me" Phone Post 3.0

In Soviet Russia, Dana blows you!

*rimshot*

luctaro - 

Love Khabib and have been waiting for the UFC to make its Russian debut for a while, but when its red panty time its red panty time. Khabib can challenge 2 belt holder Conor next year in Europe.

God, no. This guy takes Cormier and Cain down in practice....and he's fought bears.

Keep Conor TF away from this guy

"Khabib has been blowing me up."

Sounds like khabib made the full conversion to Islam lol Phone Post 3.0

One Championship Fan -
RKing85 - All I want for Khabib is for him to get the next title shot.
Champ Alvarez wants a red pantie night, Khabib isn't getting that shot. No one wants to watch him fight Phone Post 3.0
That plus maybe he should have to beat someone ranked higher than the 65th best LW in the world right before he gets his title shot. Honestly anyone in the current top 7 or so will do

RDJ (again but it's been 2 years and according to Wikipedia he won via unnecessary gayness)

Ferguson

Barboza

Pettis

Melendez Phone Post 3.0