Dana White says they are working on new gloves

Jason Floyd‏@Jason_Floyd9m
Dana White on ESPN 710 says they are working on a new glove that would make the finger curve in hopes to reduce eyepokes

Oh cool, are the commissions/refs also working on punishing fighters for continually sticking their outstretched fingers into the opponent's face?

Curved vs. straight

Arron‏@pegson15m
Dana White just announced the UFC is designing a new Glove that is curved at the end to prevent the fingers from pointing straight out.
Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Brenton King‏@brentonkiing7m
@pegson Yeah, that's definitely not the answer to the issue @danawhite
Expand

Arron‏@pegson6m
@brentonkiing @danawhite sounds like its gonna blocked ur fingers from extending back,  gonna stuff up grappling and grabbing an opponet

I can't remember seeing alot of eye pokes in Pride, was there many?

Actually I think this is a brilliant idea. Having trained with both types of gloves on I can say that curved wont ruin grappling. They are stiff enough to keep you from extending unintentionally but still flexible to bend your fingers all the way back when grappling. Eye pokes will happen but tht will be much more intentional because you need to think about extending the fingers instead of them naturally doing it. Phone Post 3.0

repeat eye poke offenders should be forced to wear baking gloves to fight.

Hopefully they just use the Pride style gloves and don't use something that will change the way people grapple.

lookoutawhale - 

oven mitts..let him bake bro

If you eye poke, intentionally or not, you have to wear a boxing glove for the rest of the round.

Only on the offending hand. Phone Post 3.0

Just bring back the PRIDE gloves...

Why is this even an issue? The solution has been staring everyone in the face for years! Phone Post 3.0

Card -

Curved vs. straight

I been saying this all alone lol everything from pride rocks Phone Post 3.0

Guarantee it's the same glove just formed differently Phone Post

type138 - 
lookoutawhale - 

oven mitts..let him bake bro

Outstanding!

TuLegit - The first concept I saw was retarded. Phone Post 3.0

What was it?

A very elegant and simple solution. 

A curved glove supplies enough resistance where you wont straighten your fingers.

It also doesnt hinder your grappling game.

Now we dont have to listen to Joe Rogan whine about it.

I predict Bisping and fellow eye gouge experts will work on the uppercut straight finger eye poke, as well as a looping eye hook, to develop new mechanics for eye poking with these gloves.

just dont let jake shields fight, then you get rid of 60% of all the pokes.

KZTT_FawkingxD -

just dont let jake shields fight, then you get rid of 60% of all the pokes.

Koscheck* Phone Post 3.0

Seems like it'd work. Does this require any commission bullshit? Phone Post 3.0