Dana White talks Kimbo, Special Contract

A Kimbo conspiracy is plain silly. The UFC brand is worth more.

MMA Throwdown - 
piratepirate - 
VectorWega - 
cp31 - I would like to know how much they are paying him under the table to appear on the show.

Uhh..they aren't.  They enticed him with a huge contract.  What part of that don't you get?

And you know this how?

Be realistic.

Your such a dumbass
It would be "You're such a dumbass", dumbass.

Mr. White dropped his first "F" Bomb at the 1:27 sec mark

I'm not buying it. Kimbo was paid big time.

from a joke to top billing.dana can flip in a heartbeat.

anything for money

It's impossible to prove kimbo didn't get money so it's a dumb question to ask. You cannot prove a negative. I think Dana would bristle at doing it just because he's Dana and he's a stubborn bastard.

All I know is that I won't be missing an episode. Good job Dana & company.

Rashad + Rampage + Kimbo .. oh my!

Let's look back at Dana's history when forum member "Rob Rob Rob" spread a rumor here that the UFC was in negotiations to by PRIDE FC.  Dana came on here and said that "Rob Rob Rob" is "Wrong Wrong Wrong".  A week later we find out that "Rob Rob Rob" was 100% correct and Dana lied.  Therefore, you never really know if Dana is telling the truth about anything.

As a fan, I'm happy to see Kimbo on the Ultimate Fighter.  It has the possibility to be very entertaining.  I'll definitely be watching at least the first episode.

I can't imagine the results to this season won't be leaked early, to much attention on Kimbo

"He could fight in Japan for lots of bread right now"

Yeah obviously, that's why he hasn't fought since EliteXC folded.

Good interweb Interview

later

piratepirate - 
MMA Throwdown - 

Your such a dumbass

You're.

Just saying...
Never stops being funny when someone questions intelligence and fails at 3rd grade grammar in the same sentence. Quality stuff.

I just watched the video. Good interview. I have my doubts when Dana denies that Kimbo is receiving any additional monies for his appearance.

Also, to the MMA Underground store ... is it legal to show ESPN's copyrighted material, but run your own ads before it?

"I'm not buying it. Kimbo was paid big time."

+1

ttt

Kimbo hasn't done anything since Seth knocked him out. He hasn't exactly been in demand over the past 6 months. If he was, he would have been making some money somewhere.

Some of you are confusing internet folklore with an actual business case.

I agree that I'm looking forward to the upcoming trainwreck that is TUF and Kimbo, but it's not a huge draw to the mainstream public.

Lastly, if Kimbo has a special contract, I can't imagine why most detractors on this board think that Fedor was handed the same contract as everyone else.

Kimbo is hardly the worst fighter to ever appear on TUF. FightMatrix.com has him ranked at #116 in the HW division. That's higher than the majority of the fighters on TUF 9 were ranked before the show started.

props to dana for admitting kimbo has a better contract if he wins

bismanfightclub - 
sparkyman -  Kimbo hasn't done anything since Seth knocked him out. He hasn't exactly been in demand over the past 6 months. If he was, he would have been making some money somewhere.

Some of you are confusing internet folklore with an actual business case.

I agree that I'm looking forward to the upcoming trainwreck that is TUF and Kimbo, but it's not a huge draw to the mainstream public.

Lastly, if Kimbo has a special contract, I can't imagine why most detractors on this board think that Fedor was handed the same contract as everyone else.

Kimbo is not a mainstream draw? He drew about 6.5mil for his fights. What UFC fight has done that?
6.5 million what? Viewers? Can't be, because no mma ppv is doing those numbers.

Dollards? Probably what you are referring to, but that has nothing to do popularity, only what some bozo decided to pay him.

Kimbo wants his carrot...