Dana White's interview w/ Sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/dan...nterview-20017

Ok if you haven't seen it, check it out. All this is about is when Dana White said that the UFC has the biggest fight library in the world. Well I'm still trying to catch up on my knowledge and all I'm asking is that Dana White continues releasing the old UFC Classics on DVD. The last ones released were UFC Classics 11 & 12. Please continue to release them weather you release Ultimate Utimate 95 & 96 next or UFC 13 & 14 next, just please continue to release these.  I was a TUF newbie & I'm trying to catch up on the sport & I hope to have a future in MMA weather I am a fighter or an ESPN analyst. Please continue to release these old events.

Still need to be released:

Ultimate Ultimate 95 & 96

Ultimate Brazil & Ultimate Japan

UFC 13-38 including 37.5

PrideFC Shockwave 2002

PrideFC The Best Volumes 1, 2 & 3 

Dana White getting along with Sherdog again?

4 later

TheVileOne - Dana White getting along with Sherdog again?

best believe it

frontrowbrian - Dana must really think all fans are stupid. Dana saying he wants to keep fighter pay private because he doesn't want rival promoters copying his business plan.

The real reason he keeps it private is to create confusion in the marketplace and keep fighter salaries as low as possible.

He wants to maintain the ability to tell Fighter B that Fighter A only gets X amount of money and he should accept the same amount since they're about at the same level of ability and popularity. Meanwhile he could be completely bullshitting and the fighter has no idea if he should call his buff or not.

The way around it? Having sources feed you information to combat against misinformation, outright lies, and exaggerations during contract negotiations.  Sources are usually other fighters and managers but there's other ways of obtaining information. Don't think for a second fighter compensation hasn't been leaked from Zuffa employees to fighters and managers.

And no, I don't support a fighter's union or other assorted euphemisms like "Fighter Associations" which is the same shit with a different name.

dude....stfu,seriously

athletes are a jealous bunch, it's not so much that they are not getting enough, its that someone might be getting more.

I understand why Dana doesn't want to release this info

handsup - 
frontrowbrian - Dana must really think all fans are stupid. Dana saying he wants to keep fighter pay private because he doesn't want rival promoters copying his business plan.

The real reason he keeps it private is to create confusion in the marketplace and keep fighter salaries as low as possible.

He wants to maintain the ability to tell Fighter B that Fighter A only gets X amount of money and he should accept the same amount since they're about at the same level of ability and popularity. Meanwhile he could be completely bullshitting and the fighter has no idea if he should call his buff or not.

The way around it? Having sources feed you information to combat against misinformation, outright lies, and exaggerations during contract negotiations.  Sources are usually other fighters and managers but there's other ways of obtaining information. Don't think for a second fighter compensation hasn't been leaked from Zuffa employees to fighters and managers.

And no, I don't support a fighter's union or other assorted euphemisms like "Fighter Associations" which is the same shit with a different name.

dude....stfu,seriously

LOL!

Cindy

All the older events including 37.5, Ultimate Brazil+Japan, Ultimate Ultimates etc have all been released here in the U.K

Same with the Pride events.

I'm just curious--is the American Bar Association a union?  Is the "association" part just a euphemism? 

How about the Mortgage Bankers Association? 

Association or Realtors? 

frontrowbrian -  But Dana LOVES talking money when it comes to Fedor Emelianenko when he leaked bogus numbers to an obscure radio personality.

Source that numbers were bogus ????

Cindy 

frontrowbrian - 
Macedawgg -  I'm just curious--is the American Bar Association a union?  Is the "association" part just a euphemism? 

How about the Mortgage Bankers Association? 

Association or Realtors? 

I'm not very familar with those associations. 

I do know there are many unions out there that call themselves associations because of the stigma that comes with labor unions and the harm they impose on the American economy on a daily basis.

For example... MLBPA.. Major League Baseball Players Association states on their website they are a labor union. Why don't they call themselves a labor union? They know the stigma it creates.  

MLBPA is a labor union--they don't hide that--never have.  When it was formed, in 1953, there wasn't near the stigma people like you try to attach to it either--so that isn't why they chose the name.  Probably chose it for the same reason the United Auto Workers chose theirs, or the United Steel Workers or any number of other labor groups. 

That said, that is a far cry to call all such associations "unions" or euphemisms for a "union" which is exactly what you did above.

Have you been drinking tonight?

Cindy

Who cares if other fighters know signing bonuses or locker room bonuses? That's why they're bonuses and not guaranteed pay (other than signing bonus). Base pay is made public. If a fighter wants to negotiate that and compare it to other fight purses then he has every right and opportunity to. The fact is that the UFC is the only promotion really making money right now and signing lots of big name talent while paying them pretty well (most other orgs only have a few top fighters). Obviously he is doing something right...

And how are signing bonuses the only guaranteed pay when each contract contains base salary per fight?

frontrowbrian - 
Gullivers Travels - And how are signing bonuses the only guaranteed pay when each contract contains base salary per fight?
Base pay is only guaranteed for the fights you actually fight.

What if Hendo signs for 6 fights... gets wiped out by Marquardt and then loses another fight. He could be cut at that point and UFC wouldn't be responsible for the rest of the contract. The money up front is extremely important.

So train and win. If he puts on exciting fights in losing and has a fanbase (which he does), he will be paid in full as we've seen many times.

Good morning Cindy O. Nice to see you back. Now please, commence chapping the UG's ass!

frontrowbrian -  But Dana LOVES talking money when it comes to Fedor Emelianenko when he leaked bogus numbers to an obscure radio personality.

Hey Brian... I remember the days when you were a Dana White nuthugger and posting pics on the UG of your ugly fucking mug at his events.

Great interview.

GSparky -  http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/dan...nterview-20017

Ok if you haven't seen it, check it out. All this is about is when Dana White said that the UFC has the biggest fight library in the world. Well I'm still trying to catch up on my knowledge and all I'm asking is that Dana White continues releasing the old UFC Classics on DVD. The last ones released were UFC Classics 11 & 12. Please continue to release them weather you release Ultimate Utimate 95 & 96 next or UFC 13 & 14 next, just please continue to release these.  I was a TUF newbie & I'm trying to catch up on the sport & I hope to have a future in MMA weather I am a fighter or an ESPN analyst. Please continue to release these old events.

Still need to be released:

Ultimate Ultimate 95 & 96

Ultimate Brazil & Ultimate Japan

UFC 13-38 including 37.5

PrideFC Shockwave 2002

PrideFC The Best Volumes 1, 2 & 3 
Dude, if you think these events are that important for you to see, and you seriously want a career involved in MMA....then you honestly aren't trying nearly hard enough. Most if not all of these have been released overseas, people probably have VHS recordings you could trade or barder for, etc. You can't sit around and hope the mighty BLAF grants you whatever you feel is required for you to learn something.

While you sit around and wait, there are 50 other dudes two steps ahead of you.