Dana White's interview w/ Sherdog

and by the way 1-20 are available as a set as simple as the google tells you so...

frontrowbrian -

The real reason he keeps it private is to create confusion in the marketplace and keep fighter salaries as low as possible.

Don't think for a second fighter compensation hasn't been leaked from Zuffa employees to fighters and managers.

Macedawgg -  I'm just curious--is the American Bar Association a union?  Is the "association" part just a euphemism? 

How about the Mortgage Bankers Association? 

Association or Realtors? 

No. A trade association is not a union. They do not have the same legal protections. Most importantly, they are not allowed to collude (jointly set price).

Hendo came into the UFC with two titles from Pride and he came in and lost two title fights straight. He wasn't cut, and he won more fights and he got to coach a season of TUF.

Good interview!

"You don't think Dana wants to keep compensation packages supressed?"

Probaby, just like every other org.

LOL @ FRB speaking the TRUTH and the shills swarming on him like flies on shit!

orcus -  "You don't think Dana wants to keep compensation packages supressed?"

Probaby, just like every other org.

Or business for that matter.

The source that they were bogus was directly from Fedor and M-1.

God, brian is a douchebag

Gullivers Travels - 
frontrowbrian - 
Gullivers Travels - And how are signing bonuses the only guaranteed pay when each contract contains base salary per fight?
Base pay is only guaranteed for the fights you actually fight.

What if Hendo signs for 6 fights... gets wiped out by Marquardt and then loses another fight. He could be cut at that point and UFC wouldn't be responsible for the rest of the contract. The money up front is extremely important.

So train and win. If he puts on exciting fights in losing and has a fanbase (which he does), he will be paid in full as we've seen many times.

There are still some variables there, (getting injured during the fight), perhaps leading to a loss and then the chance of whether or not he'll get a chance to redeem himself. Sure you or I may suspect that he would, but unless that shot is also guaranteed ,his sense of risk may drive him to want more money up front as insurance. As a fan though, I just hope he ends up in the ring one way or another.

this thread has strayed from the original theme of a young UG'ers quest to become the first UFC weather analyst. Stay on topic frens.

PrideFC RIP - All the older events including 37.5, Ultimate Brazil+Japan, Ultimate Ultimates etc have all been released here in the U.K

Same with the Pride events.

Well UFC events are 95% held in the United States.  They need to give the United States the same satisfaction & release the events here also.  I am happy for the U.K. but I want those events released on DVD in the United States.  UFC, please release the rest of these events so the fans have a chance to catch up on the history of the UFC.  I don't want to illegally download them & I don't want to get a different region DVD, I want to purchase the North American version of the product & own this piece of history.  Please continue to release the rest of the following events:

Ultimate Ultimate 95 & 96

Ultimate Brazil & Japan

UFC 13-38 & 37.5

PrideFC Shockwave 2002

PrideFC The Best 1, 2 & 3

savage animal -  this thread has strayed from the original theme of a young UG'ers quest to become the first UFC weather analyst. Stay on topic frens.
lol, this reminds me of South Park episode "Case of the Urinal Deuce."  When everyone kept talking about the government being behind 9/11 & Mr Macky just kept coming back to someone dropping a deuce in the urinal.

savage animal -  this thread has strayed from the original theme of a young UG'ers quest to become the first UFC weather analyst. Stay on topic frens.

MMA's Bert Randolph Sugar

back to future UFC fighter/weatherman's topic!

I personally think that Joe Rogan has the greatest job in the world.  He is an expert/hardcore fan of the greatest sport in the world.  I would love to be a writer/analyst for ESPN Magazine.  Also after seeing Renzo Gracie Legacy & The Smashing Machine Documentary, I think it would be great to work with fighters & do films on their preperation and/or their lives with them leading you through their own lives.  That would be the greatest job on earth & you get paid for doing something that you love to do.

frontrowbrian -  But Dana LOVES talking money when it comes to Fedor Emelianenko when he leaked bogus numbers to an obscure radio personality.

soemone needs to shit in your mouth so you stop talking

CindyO -
frontrowbrian - But Dana LOVES talking money when it comes to Fedor Emelianenko when he leaked bogus numbers to an obscure radio personality.

Source that numbers were bogus ????

Cindy

Source that numbers were legit?

And as for a "Source that numbers were bogus" - how about Fedor himself? Because according to Fedor, the numbers published on the internet were "really different" and not the "real numbers" at all - and that if the numbers really had been like they were presented on the internet, he thinks he would have signed with the UFC:
FEDOR: "...The offer that we got was one kind, and then on the Internet they published really different numbers. The offer they gave us was really miserable."

QUESTION: Do you think in general that M1 has been portrayed accurately in the press?

FEDOR: "There are a lot of people who take the side of the UFC and there a lot of people who take the side of M1. I think that if the numbers that were published on the Internet were real numbers, we would have signed with the UFC. All the numbers that were published were just rumors."

(http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Fedor-Emelianeko-on-UFC-The-offer-they-gave-us-was-really-miserable.html)

Btw, it's conspicuously noteworthy that Carmichael Dave never actually gave a source for the numbers he put out there as well (although it was roundly understood that it was Dana) - and Dana himself never confirmed them either - but at the same time, he still received all the possible PR benefit as if he actually did.

That's the beauty of anonymously leaking conveniently packaged information - you get to benefit from all the potentially positive reaction, without ultimately being accountable for any potentially negative blowback. So you can still get your message out there - presented as if it were actually official, and in the best possible light for yourself - while at the same time never confirming it as official, and thus being able to maintain distance and deniability if necessary.

So it's exactly right that "Dana LOVES talking money when it comes to Fedor Emelianenko" - without actually talking about it directly himself. While everyone reacts and takes his side as if he did. (OMG, Dana just said UFC offered Fedor $30 million!!! And the bottom-line result it produced is that no single piece of selectively leaked "news" effectively turned the tide in the Fedor PR war more in the UFC's favor than that one quoted figure - which wasn't even an officially quoted figure.)