Danaher quote on bjj belts

gusto - ^what do you mean it isnt an easy hobby?

it is a very easy hobby for me. it's fun

How big are you?

It's usually not a very easy hobby for a lot of smaller people (and females) who are always getting smashed, especially when they are first learning.

I've done it for about a decade. I love it, but there are certainly easier (not more fun) things I could be doing with my time.

Ol' Dirty - John is definitely not easy when it comes to giving out promotions. Fact. Phone Post

I've been training under John for 5 years and can say he gives belts to students that are with on a long term bases!

Also they do give blackbelts to guys who don't train in GI but that's a rare exception!

RENZO Gracie black belt ceremony is this Wednesday FYI Phone Post

My old instructor, John Rallo is a Renzo BB, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't train much (if any) gi. As a matter of fact, there's a picture of him with Renzo at a BB ceremony wearing a gi, and everyone commented on how odd it was to see John in a gi. Phone Post

That is a pretty awesome quote from Danaher. I am going to pass that on as it really puts some concepts in perspective for newer students.

JIUJITSUFOREVER - 

I've been training under John for 5 years and can say he gives belts to students that are with on a long term bases!

Huh?

You a morning guy or afternoon guy?

Sub Phone Post

Really like that quote. John seems like a great guy and very knowledgeable. I hope to have the pleasure of meeting him one day