Dana's attitude towards Strikeforce is just sad

For starters, we're all aware Strikeforce isn't at the same level the UFC is at. That's totally fair. Strikeforce knows it too. The competition isn't as steep, the champions are not as skilled (sparing Heavyweight) and the events are not as entertaining. (Last point is completely IMO)

Regardless, it's MMA and I love watching it. I love KOs, I love slick subs, I love masterful ground control, I love takedowns that are set-up excellently, I love crisp timing, I love someone coming from the brink of defeat to claim victory and I love getting amped up before a main event.

Dana hammers on all the time about how he loves MMA, but takes pleasure out of the fact that their last event was not-impressive and that, according to him, they'll probably fold in the near future. I understand folks, he's a buisnessman and he's enjoying the fact that his empire is bigger and better than the other. It is, he should be proud of that, we all know the UFC is bigger and better...But that should be where the pride stops. It should stop when knowing that the UFC is the undeniable top dog...it shouldn't carry over into wanting the absolute destruction of the only other org in North America that brings MMA of a high quality to the people who want it - the fans.

In the title, I've labelled the attitude as "sad". I don't mean that in the sense that it's pathetic...I just mean it's actually sad.

Constantly making fun of another professional organisation, I dunno, it's just sad sad sad that the figurehead of the biggest organisation in the sport has to act this way. It's gluttony.

"we all know the UFC is bigger and better.."

Then you should understand why someone trying to make this the biggest sport in the world would want the mainstream exposed to the biggest and best, and not the inferior product.

ttt

I don't believe I hear much KOTC bashing from Dana, or talk from him about a lot of the other smaller MMA orgs. I dunno...without Strikeforce, maybe we'd see guys like Fedor in the UFC.

If Strikeforce folds, hen he likely gets Shields, Fedor etc. Then imagine the matchup's.

Kinda reminds me of Don King and Bob Arum 'MotherFucking' each other every chance they got back in the 70's-80's.

Neither of them ever had a bad word to say about the ammy promoters or "ham-n-egger promotions" that their fighters cut their teeth on coming up.

I see no difference here.

Dana is 100% correct about Strikefarce, it's bush league and everyone knows it by their production, fights and lack of sportsmanship brawls.

Nobody cares about strikefarce cept for when Fedor or Gina fights.

Dana`s played this one smart.

also the ratings have proven it's bush league dunno how you can argue it :(

Strikefarce screwed the fans out of seeing Fedor in the UFC but caving to his rediculous demands, Coker made his own bed with Dana.

Oh please. Strikeforce isn't some kind of charity case. They are competing with the UFC whether they want to admit it or not and dealing with Dana's potshots just comes with the territory.

Nipples of Kirik - also the ratings have proven it's bush league dunno how you can argue it :(

Strikefarce screwed the fans out of seeing Fedor in the UFC but caving to his rediculous demands, Coker made his own bed with Dana.

You and "Banter" are the type of idiots I thought I'd have to explain this to. I at no point argued the UFC was equal to or less than Strikeforce. The UFC IS better. The opinion itself just saddens me.

Plus, this is meant to be a "sport", not a buisness venture. The WWE model that we've come to learn is not even a silhouette of a sport.

Strikeforce was not ready for these big moves and they didn't take the necessary steps to improve themselves.

Sorry, I tend to agree with him. If you are going to put MMA on national television then you use the most professional organization to do it. No different than any other sport.

This sport need 2 or 3 major players. I like the UFC, I like Strikeforce, there's too many fighters out there to only have two major players.

The bottom line is these major players need to work with each other to have the best fight the best.

I see what Dana has done, he has done a great job of having the UFC be bigger than MMA, that makes big bucks for him. However, as a fan I hate it. It should be all about the fighters and the fights so I hate when he bashes other orgs.

This sport needs 2 or 3 major players. I like the UFC, I like Strikeforce, there's too many fighters out there to only have two major players.

The bottom line is these major players need to work with each other to have the best fight the best.

I see what Dana has done, he has done a great job of having the UFC be bigger than MMA, that makes big bucks for him. However, as a fan I hate it. It should be all about the fighters and the fights so I hate when he bashes other orgs.

Just shows it's all about him, not MMA!

GNPfan - This sport needs 2 or 3 major players. I like the UFC, I like Strikeforce, there's too many fighters out there to only have two major players.

Just shows it's all about him, not MMA!

Strikeforce isn't a major player.

The fact is, those EXACT same fights could have been a huge UFC pay per view.  So it's not fair to talk about the talent or matchmaking.  The production value was fine.  It was PURELY the crap fights and brawl.  The brawl you can get over..it happens ALL THE TIME in boxing, baseball, hockey, football etc. 

I mean, I wish Dana would repay me for the money I spent on that Arlovski vs. Sylvia 5 round snoozefest back in the day.  I would have welcomed a Jason Miller vs. Nick Diaz brawl after that fight.

Racecar drivers love racing, so if they want to win, should that make racing fans sad?  Football players love football, if they want to beat the other teams and win it all are they sad?  Dana wants his org. to be the best, he actually used to be pretty cool with strikeforce until they signed Fedor and got the CBS contract and became a possible threat to the UFC's #1 status.  It's bidness, and he wants to be #1 get over it.

Dana used to always rant on about how great Strikeforce was and how much he admired their model. times have changed.