Dana's mysterious Middleweight???

Did anything ever come of this when he said they sign a Middleweight that would "Blow your mind"?

Jason "Mayhem" Miller NOT

I think it was the baldfather once again talking shit....

I doubt it is anyone special. The only one that honestly would get me excited would be Robbie Lawler.

I'm hoping for the return of Jorge Santiago but I strongly doubt that will happen.

I was thinking Cung Le but he's tied in with Strikeforce and they've made that very well known. Robbie is fighting for Strikeforce very soon.

Shit, it really doesn't make any sense of who it could be beings everyone is under contract it seems.

Arona?????

marcovia - Arona?????

Arona fights at 205. Also, rumor has it that he will be fighting for Strikeforce in July. (Please make Babalu vs. Arona)

Honestly the only person who fits the bill is Cung Le. Putting him on TV at UFC 97 seems to indicate there were talks of some sort going on but as far as I know Le has one fight left on his contract with Strikeforce.

Lawler would be awesome for sure, and Dana has said in the past he would like to get Robbie back but ruthless seems pretty happy with what he's got going in Strikeforce.

Lindland or Pat returning would also blow minds, but for the wrong reasons.

jason mcdonald

goku - jason mcdonald

LOL, nice.

Why does Dana always hype these huge, earth-shattering announcements before all the details are in place?

john joe - 
JohnMatrix - My theory is that it's a Gracie. Not sure which one though - from what I understand, Ryron and Rener are big guys, maybe too big for MW. Ralek fought at LHW, maybe he can make MW?

i heard through the transatlantic grapevine a while ago that renzo was supposedly talking about fighting in the UFC this year; Source has proved reliable in past but of course talk is just that.
No shit? Who was the source?

And yeah, that would be awesome.

It probably fell through.

JohnMatrix - My theory is that it's a Gracie. Not sure which one though - from what I understand, Ryron and Rener are big guys, maybe too big for MW. Ralek fought at LHW, maybe he can make MW?

Man, a Gracie would be great...a Gracie revival is definitely needed...time for Gracie Jiu jitsu to take back the sport it helped create!