Dana's Power Slap league 'Not my Cup of Tea' - Rogan

1 Like

Joe Rogan is not sold on Dana White’s Power Slap league being a necessary addition to the combat sports docket.

UFC president White officially announced his involvement in Power Slap earlier this month during a press conference in New York. He shared details about his new venture ahead of the Season 1 debut on TBS in early 2023, and how White feels Power Slap could be a major draw.

The existence of Power Slap has drawn mixed reactions. Some have been critical of the product, while others are taking a wait-and-see approach to see what White does with the company.

Longtime UFC commentator Rogan appears to be somewhere in the middle. He said he’ll likely tune in because of his friendship with White and the fact he’s a combat fanatic, but overall, Rogan said he much prefers the intricacies of real fighting.

“I love Dana, and I would be a hypocrite if I said I wouldn’t watch this, because I will watch it – but this is not my cup of tea,” Rogan said on a recent edition of “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast. “What I like it problem solving. I like puzzles. What I like is (Sean O’Malley) and (Petr) Yan. This f*cking Russian assassin is rushing the gates and you’re kicking and moving away and jab at him. That’s what I like. I love technique.”

Slap fighting has been around for years, though more prevalent in Eastern Europe and Russia than in the United States. It’s made an impact on social media, however, with some knockout slap videos with views north of 1,000,000 views.

“Look at the numbers this stuff pulls,” White said. “It’s perfect for social media. You couldn’t have a more perfect product for social media. We believe it will be strong on television, too.”

I read thread title as “White Power Slap League.”

5 Likes

Fixed thx

Should’ve kept it, it was amusing the original way.

Truth

Yet he always had his nose stuck up in the air when talking about what the Paul bros were doing. This is stupid carnie shit as far as I’m concerned, it makes tough man look high class. Always talking about Zuffa boxing and instead this is the route he goes down.

2 Likes

Dana trashes BKFC too. This is basically on that level

1 Like

I’m 100% with Rogan here. Sure MMA it’s a damn violent sport, but there is defense, finesse, strategies, skill, etc. For an organisation that shouldn’t seek attention to concussions and CTE, starting a power slap league is dumb AF.

2 Likes

You’d have to be a braindead retard to enjoy or participate in that shit. Mind-numbingly stupid. No reason it should exist whatsoever.

2 Likes

doubt it

I never believed the cokehead accusations until i found out this wasnt a joke

1 Like

Noos across the Bored has not been very flavorful for Slappy Crap , but Dana doesnt care . This is a tax write off

This is one of those dumb ideas coming from Dana that the Fertittas would have turned down when they were in charge.

1 Like

1 Like

I think it’s way worse. at least you can protect yourself in bare knuckle

3 Likes

Very true. A lot of purists wish MMA was kept bare knuckle. Was it Tank Abbott who was the first to use a modern MMA glove setup? But a man literally died in BKFC like a year or two ago.

Well, Frank Fertitta would have definitely nixed the idea… yea… that’s right, LOL.

bare-knucked with protected supported wrists is kind of pointless, imo. If you’re going to go bare-knuckle, do it all the way with zero protection and support. It will eventually change the way people fight.

1 Like