Dana's thoughts on Mayweather & Boxing (new vid)

He also said they'll be dumb and Mexican.

Yes, he also did what you said he did. Dude called him on it and he danced.

SwamiMaximus - He also said they'll be dumb and Mexican.

I think with the Mexican comment he was referring to the large Mexican fan base that will be supporting Marquez..I don't think he meant anything derrogatory towards Mexicans

JT42382 - 

I think with the Mexican comment he was referring to the large Mexican fan base that will be supporting Marquez..I don't think he meant anything derrogatory towards Mexicans

He certainly didn't mean it, but it was implicit.

SwamiMaximus - 
JT42382 - 

Yeah, it definitely came out sounding bad

SwamiMaximus - 
JT42382 - 

no it wasnt, saying that mexicans will most likey be the ones showing up to support Marquez is not derrogatory its just whats gonna happen. You politcal correct nazis need to shoot yourselves.

3 points:

1) Stop with the out of context racism bullshit. He said 1 million PPV buyer's would be idiots, and that if anyone shows up at Mandaly Bay it would be Mexican fans rooting for Marquez. They were seperate statements at different points of the interview, stop stirring up shit that wasn't said.

2) I've thought Dana was out of his mind on several occasions, talking shit about the UFC fighters being better than the Pride fighters, specifically Cro-Crop, and frankly he was proven correct on many, many occasions. Brock may very well be too much for Fedor.

3) His statement about the DLH/PBF fight being indicitive about the problem with boxing was DFOTM... Dead Fucking On the Money. 2 guys avoiding actually fighting to make it to the next pay day. Don't get much of that bullshit in the UFC. So if Floyd gets his $$$ in PPV or doesn't get his money in PPV is irrelevant, MMA is taking over boxing in the long term because more often than not it delivers the action where more often than not boxing doesn't.

I'm tempted to watch the video.

Live in Vegas - 3 points:

1) Stop with the out of context racism bullshit. He said 1 million PPV buyer's would be idiots, and that if anyone shows up at Mandaly Bay it would be Mexican fans rooting for Marquez. They were seperate statements at different points of the interview, stop stirring up shit that wasn't said.

2) I've thought Dana was out of his mind on several occasions, talking shit about the UFC fighters being better than the Pride fighters, specifically Cro-Crop, and frankly he was proven correct on many, many occasions. Brock may very well be too much for Fedor.

3) His statement about the DLH/PBF fight being indicitive about the problem with boxing was DFOTM... Dead Fucking On the Money. 2 guys avoiding actually fighting to make it to the next pay day. Don't get much of that bullshit in the UFC. So if Floyd gets his $$$ in PPV or doesn't get his money in PPV is irrelevant, MMA is taking over boxing in the long term because more often than not it delivers the action where more often than not boxing doesn't.

#1 and #2 are correct.

#3 is a load of shit. pull your head out of your ass you stupid fucker. UFC has way more headline events then HBO or showtime, so shut the fuck up, of course they are going to have more exciting fights. i can think of about 15-20 STINKER fights that were in the UFC just this year. shut the hell up about boxers just running and avoiding fighting, honestly pull your head out of your ass and actually WATCH boxing.

hatton - pac
cotto - marg
clottey - cotto

just a few examples of some WARS that happened in boxing with guys who get paid more then 300,00 a fight (lmao).

Does anyone out there understand what p4p means?

When you say that Fedor is the best p4p fighter in the world you're say if you made him a little chubby 155 lbs guy that he'd still beat BJ Penn. If he were only 170 lbs he could still take GSP. If you put him in the "Honey I shrunk the kids" machine and he came out at 185 lbs. he'd be able to beat Anderson.

Look at it the other way around too. If we made Miguel Torres 6'6 and 235 lbs you're saying that he'd lose to Fedor?

Fedor may be the best HW out there, that does not make him the p4p champ. Think McFly, think.

He meant the fans in the building would be Mexican, because they would be cheering for Marquez.

He means a million people are idiots because they are paying 50 bucks to watch a fight that's probably going to be boring and essentially paying Floyd's $10 million purse to do so.

To me, this is a fairly interesting fight. But, I think Dana has a point on the pricing of Boxing PPV's. You are basically just paying for the Main Event and I don't believe it's worth it.

+1

Saved me the toruble of having to explain all that to theose who don't know any better.

beckgenetic - 

#1 and #2 are correct.

#3 is a load of shit. pull your head out of your ass you stupid fucker. UFC has way more headline events then HBO or showtime, so shut the fuck up, of course they are going to have more exciting fights. i can think of about 15-20 STINKER fights that were in the UFC just this year. shut the hell up about boxers just running and avoiding fighting, honestly pull your head out of your ass and actually WATCH boxing.

hatton - pac
cotto - marg
clottey - cotto

just a few examples of some WARS that happened in boxing with guys who get paid more then 300,00 a fight (lmao).

LOL @ Hatton/Pac being a war. That was a massacre.

Cotto/Marg was a very good scrap, but Margarito getting caught for the loaded gloves kind of takes the lustre off the fight.

Clottey/Cotto was just an ok fight. That was definitely not a war.

Boxing is great when the right fights get put together, unfortunately that's often not the case as money and politics rule Boxing. I do like what they're doing with the Super 6 Tournament in the 168 division.

The biggest problem Boxing has is there is just a huge lack of up and coming talent. The US Amateur Boxing program is just not producing Olympic medalists anymore and the International fighters that win medals in the Amateurs don't make for good Pros.

rebel927 - Does anyone out there understand what p4p means?

When you say that Fedor is the best p4p fighter in the world you're say if you made him a little chubby 155 lbs guy that he'd still beat BJ Penn. If he were only 170 lbs he could still take GSP. If you put him in the "Honey I shrunk the kids" machine and he came out at 185 lbs. he'd be able to beat Anderson.

Look at it the other way around too. If we made Miguel Torres 6'6 and 235 lbs you're saying that he'd lose to Fedor?

Fedor may be the best HW out there, that does not make him the p4p champ. Think McFly, think.

+1

Saved me the toruble of having to explain all that to theose who don't know any better. 

stillmatic - He meant the fans in the building would be Mexican, because they would be cheering for Marquez.

He means a million people are idiots because they are paying 50 bucks to watch a fight that's probably going to be boring and essentially paying Floyd's $10 million purse to do so.

To me, this is a fairly interesting fight. But, I think Dana has a point on the pricing of Boxing PPV's. You are basically just paying for the Main Event and I don't believe it's worth it.

+1

why do people say "packy-yao" isnt it pronounced "puh-kway-oh"

beckgenetic

#1 and #2 are correct.

hatton - pac
cotto - marg
clottey - cotto

Ok, calm down buddy and back away from the computer. I never said that ALL boxing matches were guys trying to avoid fighting, read what's actually written and not what you thought you heard. By and large UFC delivers the action where boxing doesn't.

Funny to see Dana stumbling at around 3:20 following the Fedor comments... he is so used to lying to promote an agenda... unfortunately - for whatever reason he wasn't in the mood to be "Dana Fing White" and stumbled while talking through his lies.

#1 and #2 are correct.

hatton - pac
cotto - marg
clottey - cotto

nope very few wars happen in boxing. Most of the time I see guys swing and go straight for the clinch, which really isnt exciting. Compared to MMA. You dont see as many good boxing matches.

Dana should have put a much better card before he decided to get into this showdown. If floyd sells more we'll never hear d end of it from the boxing hacks.