Dane White killed MMA

In 2017 McGregor and MMA are going to give Mayweather promotions all the momentum back. As Conor lays on his back, felled by a forty year old Floyd, the MMA world will let out a collective "Fuck" and sigh of disbelief. "How did this happen?"

Shocking? Hardly. Boxing isn't surprised, the Mayweather's certainly aren't.. Dana White was always a culture vulture. At best an underboss. A luggage handler that despite a net worth in excess of 200 million dollars(built off the sacrifices and struggles of slave wage paid UFC talent) again finds himself holding Floyd's bag, Mayweather's money bag.

Let us laugh at and learn from this vapid mentality that has led to the sport of MMA's top talent, all time greatest draw and #1 superstar being fed to arguably the best boxer ever, in boxing.

That's right Conor McGregor will make his professional boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2017 on Floyd's terms. For what? 

Money?

Who's the boss now?

Money is. 

Money Mayweather.

It's just amazing that MMA's biggest star is leaving the sport entirely to do a boxing exhibition. How does McGregor not competing in a year, in the prime of his career, help build the UFC brand. 

This is no different than Holloway giving Aldo a soccer ball. Give McGregor a pair of boxing gloves and let him be on his way.

Lol no he didnt OP you fuckin goof. Your an egg. Your posts don't move the needle.

What a silly post. 

triforce - 

It's just amazing that MMA's biggest star is leaving the sport entirely to do a boxing exhibition. How does McGregor not competing in a year, in the prime of his career, help build the UFC brand. 

This is no different than Holloway giving Aldo a soccer ball. Give McGregor a pair of boxing gloves and let him be on his way.

It is interesting... because if Dana were to follow the Fertittas strategies...

He would be actively sabotaging the UFC... so that the Fertittas (and Dana) can once again buy it out (of bankruptcy or on the cheap).

WME's purchase of the UFC is saddled with debt. Now the #1 money maker is going to fight a boxing match.

There may be the establishment of a union...

Would not be surprised if Dana is in one sabotaging the UFC at this point.

Dana gives zero fucks now, wme and their quick money grab is killing mma.

Mutant - Dana gives zero fucks now, wme and their quick money grab is killing mma.

This. Also OP that's the worst fucking photoshop I've ever seen.

Who will be surprised if Conor loses? Even the MMA world (mostly, at least) knows how this fight is likely to end.

Who's Dane?  LoL

Yeah well Video Killed the Radio Star

Mutant - Dana gives zero fucks now, wme and their quick money grab is killing mma.

this

The government couldn't kill MMA, Dana White won't either.

Dana's an assclown and has kept this sport at the levels it is. I have no doubt it would have been at least close to, if not bigger then soccer inrternationally without him holding it back.

But back on topic. I had this same thought also. Conor has a worst chance against Floyd then Punk did against Gall. This could lead to a huge resurgence for boxing.

But as an MMA fan, I would really like to see Conor do to him what he did to Aldo.

Beezulbubba - Dana's an assclown and has kept this sport at the levels it is. I have no doubt it would have been at least close to, if not bigger then soccer inrternationally without him holding it back.

But back on topic. I had this same thought also. Conor has a worst chance against Floyd then Punk did against Gall. This could lead to a huge resurgence for boxing.

But as an MMA fan, I would really like to see Conor do to him what he did to Aldo.
As big as soccer? Really? Cmon son. Think a little....

i have read the UFC is making a profit of 50 million on this fight.

OP is correct. If you can't see that Dana is cannibalizing the corpse of the UFC, you are blind.

i just counted right now, how many threads on the UG front page were about MacFlo. 25 out of 50. half of a board about mma. half. that is solid going. it's on the bbc. sky sports. everywhere. this will sell. and conor will have to absorb a prolonged and deliberately humilating beatdown

WattMell - What key fights is he really missing out on in the ufc that are more lucrative for his career than a fight against Mayweather?

Khabib, Ferguson, a rematch with Diaz?

Cmon seeing if Conor can find Mayweathers chin while he makes the biggest payday any mma fighter will ever make will be awesome.

He'll most likely lose and be fighting in the UFC again within a year imo.

It goes to show that MMA is still bush-league. MMA's biggest box office draw/star of all time has to go to boxing in order to get paid like a boxer!

lol all three of them have "fuck you" money. ya dick.