Daniel Puder's Kimura on Kurt Angle

Daniel Puder vs Kurt Angle - YouTube

I know this is old news, but I haven’t watched wrestling since it was referred to as WWF and I am just now learning about this incident.

Was this off script?

What was Puder thinking or trying to do? Was he thinking he would reverse him or get him to tap, which would put him over?

Was this career suicide or did he just not pan out as a WWE wrestler for other reasons?

Puder told me it was legit that the WWF didn`t say that you couldn`t use submissions.

1 Like

Kurt definitely wasn’t happy about it. Puder is an odd duck but was definitely skilled.

keylock=americana, but what Puder did was neither.  Keylock/americana the arm breaks the other way.  This was the Kimura.  It's WWE though so the announcers get a pass.  Although, if you're going to know the term keylock, you should probably also know the term kimura, and the differences of the two. 

After the match Dan would wear a t-shirt that said "I hurt Kurt" anybody remember that?

1 Like

He won the game show that year and was welcomed into the WWE by Hardcore Holly who beat the everlasting shit out of him.

1 Like

It’s like that guy who goes for a sub when your drilling passes only.

1 Like

Hands up if you remember Daniel Puder's shitty self promoting posts on the UG.  The 10ers will never really understand.

LOL.  Weird guy.

3 Likes
jgiveshead - 

Hands up if you remember Daniel Puder's shitty self promoting posts on the UG.  The 10ers will never really understand.

LOL.  Weird guy.

Puder spammed the forum with chicks that he called his "Knockouts"

1 Like
jgiveshead -

LOL.  Weird guy.

It was a weird time. There were a lot less fighters, this is before everybody was an "mma fighter", and it was on the big stage. It was huge at the time 

1 Like
FatChrist Magic - He won the game show that year and was welcomed into the WWE by Hardcore Holly who beat the everlasting shit out of him.

Was he the guy that ate like 50 chops from Holly, Benoit, and someone else(Eddie?) in the Royal Rumble?

Conor McGazelle - 
FatChrist Magic - He won the game show that year and was welcomed into the WWE by Hardcore Holly who beat the everlasting shit out of him.

Was he the guy that ate like 50 chops from Holly, Benoit, and someone else(Eddie?) in the Royal Rumble?

1. The Daniel Puder Beating Was Allegedly Retribution

WWE Network

The 2005 Rumble match started off rather memorably, as Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and Hardcore Holly took to teeing off on Tough Enough winner Daniel Puder with a barrage of stinging chops. Puder didn’t get one offensive move in, before being the first elimination of the match.

It was pretty clear that it was a case of veterans having a little bit of fun with “the new guy”, but it apparently extended beyond just rookie hazing. According to Holly, Puder was traveling with Jimmy Yang at that point, and Yang told Holly that Puder was calling his own buddies to brag about “beating” Holly in house show matches, acting like the wins were legitimate. Holly felt that Puder needed a bit of deflating.

At a house show match in Chicago four weeks before the Rumble, Holly claims he chopped Puder “black and bloody”, as a means of putting him in his place. The Rumble confrontation was more of the same, with Benoit and Guerrero more than happy to assist in breaking the rookie’s purported ego.

I dont get all the hate for Puder. Met him a couple times and he was cool.

When you finally realize that "Hardcore Holly" is actually a dude, some of ya'lls post make a lot more sense lol

2 Likes
BringBackHeadbutts -

When you finally realize that "Hardcore Holly" is actually a dude, some of ya'lls post make a lot more sense lol

I am pretty sure I saw him at Atmore dragway in 1999, racing his c5 corvette lol

Siciliano di Brooklyn - I dont get all the hate for Puder. Met him a couple times and he was cool.

I met him in Sacramento at a UFC show.He was super cool and appreciative of the fans.

Puder used to post here but he was ran off by the jealous trolls like the other pro fighters.

Puder used to spam this forum with whatever he was selling at the moment, the last thing I remember is tried to make money off anti bullying stuff.

Mostly work out videos

BringBackHeadbutts -

keylock=americana, but what Puder did was neither.  Keylock/americana the arm breaks the other way.  This was the Kimura.  It's WWE though so the announcers get a pass.  Although, if you're going to know the term keylock, you should probably also know the term kimura, and the differences of the two. 

I tore my rotator cuff as a white belt going for a kimura like that. I was such a dumbass trying to lift the guy up from there and felt the tear.

I never go for a kimura from guard anymore, but I love it from the top half or side control, I’ll sacrifice position because there’s so much leverage. Even considered naming my child (middle name) Kimura because of how much I fell in love with the move. Still reliable even when I’m out of shape.