Daniel Straus hospitalized after near fatal...

Just saw Ben Saunders post this...

Sending Positive thoughts to the homie @danielstraus and his family. ????
#Repost @perfecting_athletes
???
Ok, our guy @danielstraus was in a pretty bad accident ... i can say this, we have known him for 8 years, he’s been my day 1 ace since the moment we met and I know for a fact that there is NOTHING this man can’t accomplish or get through. This is just the beginning. #teamstraus

Sad.

Straus released a statement Thursday through Bellator:

On early Sunday morning, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. I’m currently recovering and will hopefully be returning to the Bellator cage sometime soon. I appreciate all the well wishes and ask that people respect my family’s privacy during this difficult time.

Something isn’t right here.

Hope DS comes out strong and healthy from this.

Man I hope he pulls thru. He a true fighter and this just another battle. Get well Daniel.

I met him at the  Olympia Expo last year. The nicest person ever I hope he puls thru.

Sinful1 -

I met him at the  Olympia Expo last year. The nicest person ever I hope he puls thru.

Yeah, I got to hang with him a few times. He’s really nice, funny and chill. Super great guy. 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Daniel-Straus-involved-Motorcycle-Accident:2694564?pc=4

MountainMedic - Something isn't right here.

Hope DS comes out strong and healthy from this.

yeah usually respect family privacy is in real bad times not after saying you will be cage fighting soon

Some great progress...

2 days after the doc tells you, you “might” not walk again ???? #FuckYouBuddy #TheShowJustStarted#Blessed
(Thank you everyone for your support, prayers, and love)&nbsp;<a class="_58cn" data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;*N&quot;,&quot;type&quot;:104}" href="https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/teamstraus" style="color: rgb(54, 88, 153); cursor: pointer; font-family: inherit;">#TeamStraus</a>&nbsp;#2018</span></div>
FETT_the geek -

Some great progress...

2 days after the doc tells you, you “might” not walk again ???? #FuckYouBuddy #TheShowJustStarted#Blessed
(Thank you everyone for your support, prayers, and love)&nbsp;<a class="_58cn" data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;*N&quot;,&quot;type&quot;:104}" href="https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/teamstraus" style="color: rgb(54, 88, 153); cursor: pointer; font-family: inherit;">#TeamStraus</a>&nbsp;#2018</span></div>

Awesome.

Totally terrifying to hear that the injury was so bad that the docs told him he may never walk again.

Awesome. I hope he has a full recovery soon.

FETT_the geek -

Some great progress...

Fucking A!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding!

12 years ago I was told I’d never work again and it would be two years before I learned to walk again.

A fighters mind simply doesn’t work that way.

I’ve barely seen him fight, I don’t know a ton about him. But damn do I love and appreciate that picture.

Thanks for the update geek

JoeMimic - 
FETT_the geek - Totally terrifying to hear that the injury was so bad that the docs told him he may never walk again.

The fact that he’s an athlete and in great shape probably helped him out a ton. I’m so happy he’s walking and in good spirits.

Great point man. I hope you and the fam have an awesome New Years brother.

MountainMedic - 
FETT_the geek -

Some great progress...

Fucking A!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding!

12 years ago I was told I’d never work again and it would be two years before I learned to walk again.

A fighters mind simply doesn’t work that way.

I’ve barely seen him fight, I don’t know a ton about him. But damn do I love and appreciate that picture.

Thanks for the update geek

My pleasure brother.

Dr.’s told me I’d never be able to jog or lift weights again. I’d never be able to wrestle again or anything like that. For 3 1/2 years I was injured and fat. Then, one day I stopped listening to the Dr.’s. I listened to myself. I am jogging and lifting (light) again. Feeling better than I have in several years. This year it’s my plan to take off some of the damn weight I gaiined. Good for Daniel. I’m now a fan forever.

GuttyProfessor - 

Dr.’s told me I’d never be able to jog or lift weights again. I’d never be able to wrestle again or anything like that. For 3 1/2 years I was injured and fat. Then, one day I stopped listening to the Dr.’s. I listened to myself. I am jogging and lifting (light) again. Feeling better than I have in several years. This year it’s my plan to take off some of the damn weight I gaiined. Good for Daniel. I’m now a fan forever.

Thank you so much for sharing and I’m so fucking proud of you man. You’ve got this.

Thanks FETT. It’s been a long road, and I feel like the journey is just beginning. I am grossly overweight, and I have a very long way to go. I’m guessing that tondo this right, it’ll take me at least 2 years to trim the weight off due to my fried thyroid.

GuttyProfessor -

Thanks FETT. It’s been a long road, and I feel like the journey is just beginning. I am grossly overweight, and I have a very long way to go. I’m guessing that tondo this right, it’ll take me at least 2 years to trim the weight off due to my fried thyroid.

The obstacles will only make your successes sweeter. You’ve got this man, and don’t hesitate to reach out for support brother.