Dan's Performance . . .

universl. after every round the doctor did a check on dan. but dan said specifly to the doctor dont stop the fight. Dan is just an amazing athlete. if your sick and going 20 full minutes your just fucking unbelivble. hope he will be well soon and we can see more fights from him as well as the other team quest members here in japan.

Dan fighting sick with a 104 degree temperature and coming off of an IV is unreal. No wonder his performance seemed to be lacking. Glad he got the win but the nutthuggers will still make up excuses.

Ryan, that was an incredibly gutsy performance by Dan.
I had a bunch of people over my house to watch the fights and we had
heard about him being sick from what we heard was food poisoning.
Everyone here was amazed at his guts and mental toughness for
pounding it out even though he was clearly not himself.

I was very, very impressed. Dan is one bad motherfucker.

i like dan as well, and the sickness explains a few things. but i think yuki deserved the win

Rematch! Kondo got this one...

Whatever.....he lost the fight sick or not........

"Based on Pride judging he won the fight. Taking someone down and keeping good position doesn't have much weight in the eyes of the judges."

Isn't that all Dan managed to do? Kondo definitely won the standup, and landed better shots than Dan did when he was on top on the ground. As for not being hurt, some of those exchanges had Dan dangerously wobbled, to the point that I thought Kondo was on the verge of KOing him.

I don't see what in the fight led you to conclude that Dan was doing more to finish.

Ryan,

Thanks for the update. Right when I saw that fight, I thought Dan looked sick or something. He still put on an amazing performance. He would thrash Kondo if he was 100%

I hope to see you guys soon (in May - I'll be watching Abu Dhabi in Long Beach)

JROB is correct, imo.

Hope he feels better. He's the best MW in the World.

Dan is the better fighter, but boys, he lost this one.

Thanks for the explanation...you could definately tell right away that something was up.

thanks for the info...wonder why they never mentioned it on the broadcast?

Anyway I need to rewatch the tape of the fight. I think a rematch is a good idea.

Kondo still fights for Pancraese, correct?

Kondo still fights for Pancrase, but if UFC is smart, he'll be one of the three Pancrase fighters they pick up as part of the Terrell deal.

Glad to hear Dan's ok and got a winover Kondo.....He's rapidly becoming one of my favorite fighters....he' got it all....and he's a true warrior

Hey Joe,

I agree Dan is as tough as they come. He left everything in the ring on New Years Eve.

FredHammer:
Tattoo man is Brian Foster

Hey Ryan.....

I may be out in Seattle in late Jan, are you guys going to be there or out of town by then?

Ron

Hi Ron,

We're in San Diego.

What I dont understand is everyone keeps claiming one fighter didnt do enough to win the fight, even though that fighter dominated position, and damage... But lets look at Henderson. If you're claiming Kondo didnt do enough to win the fight, even though he mounted, and passed gaurd throughout the whole fight, what exactly did Dan do to deserve the win? He clearly did less than Kondo, so I dont understand how anyone can come up with Dan winning the fight. They both took each other down equal amount of times...they both did virtually the same damage standing...but on the ground, Kondo completely dominated the fight.

I have to give Dan huge respect for going out there and fighting with his fever...the guy is awesome, but it still doesnt take away from the fight. I dont see how the judges came up with that decision.

Ya know.....After reading Ryan's report, I had a question about FIGHTER SAFETY.

Ryan's report on Dan's condition before the fight is obviously a serious situation...especially for Dan. However, if a guy has a fever that high & is about to go into a fight of that caliber...where the physical demands are "always anticipated" to be severe. How can the Pride Dr's allow someone to go into a fight in that condition.

Granted, I know its Japan...and I know its a MAJOR show, and I know Dan would want to fight regardless....but you've got to think about Dan's (or any fighters) health & safety first. There's no shame in living to fight another day.....especially under that kind of duress.

I'm sure I sound like a mother here.....but I mean he could be seriously hurt if he cant perform at his best (in a condition like that) against a top level competitor like Kondo.

I just feel that the Dr's need to make better decisions about the "pre-fight" condition of an athlete. I dont know if the Dr's in the states would have allowed a competitor to compete in Dan's condition an hour or 2 before the fight....especially with him having an IV to rehydrate. Just sounds incredibly dangerous to me.

Japan worries me....I feel they are consistently creating extremely dangerous situations for Non-Japanese fighters coming to fight in Japan....

Ryan....wht are your thoughts on that?

Just my .02