Darren Till vs Wonderboy confirmed

Per UFC Facebook page. 

Amazing fight. 

CANNOT WAIT! STRIKING EXTRAVAGANZA!

oh yes

Big fight for till. Can’t wait for this fight! Don’t be surprised when till wins via sub. 

He may make the mistake of slugging it out with Thompson.  They don’t call him Wonderboy for nothin

I will always root for the guy with no neck tatt

Curious how this fight plays out. Till has a conor-esque belief in himself and is also a lefty from the UK. I find the parallels between pretty fascinating. 

I am very curious and very excited for this matchup, however I realize full well that it is just as likely to be 3 rounds of movement and tentative striking/whiffing as it is a war of skilled strikers attacking.

Huge opportunity for Till to prove himself here and will absolutely catapult him towards the title if he wins.

Would love to see the winner face Covington in a title eliminator should he beat RDA, or the loser face Covington if he loses to RDA. Best case scenario, RDA demolishes Covington, and then next fight Wonderboy or Till demolishes him again. Basically I just want to see the worst things happen to Convington.

kennyfrommd -

I am very curious and very excited for this matchup, however I realize full well that it is just as likely to be 3 rounds of movement and tentative striking/whiffing as it is a war of skilled strikers attacking.

Huge opportunity for Till to prove himself here and will absolutely catapult him towards the title if he wins.

Would love to see the winner face Covington in a title eliminator should he beat RDA, or the loser face Covington if he loses to RDA. Best case scenario, RDA demolishes Covington, and then next fight Wonderboy or Till demolishes him again. Basically I just want to see the worst things happen to Convington.

Don't think I've ever agreed with a post more...

Big step up for Till, if he wins this he should get a shot at the title.

Sinead O Connors Nipples -

Not quite. 

kennyfrommd -

It’s a very interesting match-up. Till was 44-0 in Muay Thai/kickboxing, and Wonderboy 57-0 in kickboxing.

Wonderboy relies on counter-striking, standing in a bladed stance with his hands low and having confidence in his front leg and his overall speed and accuracy. He fights so well at that medium-long range. He is definitely capable of tagging Till and moving around for five rounds. Wonderboy has been five rounds twice with the champion, and I think that’s his single biggest advantage in this fight. We haven’t seen Till go five rounds at this level, and he’s a big big welterweight. Wonderboy’s point karate style with his cardio and relaxation are hard to defeat.

Till is a pressure fighter, but he also does very well at that medium-long range given that he’s 6’2” and a huge Welter. He won’t rush and throw unnecessary strikes, but he will put pressure on in a collected way. He smashes people coming in with that long left straight and he throws ridiculous elbows if you get closer. I think Till will do a few things – first he’ll be looking to pressure Wonderboy straight away and dominate the centre of the octagon, but he won’t be erratic. Next he’ll be looking to nullify that front leg and inhibit Wonderboy’s movement and general gameplan. I don’t imagine we’ll see him kicking too much other than leg kicks and the odd left body kick or switch right to the body. Wonderboy also doesn’t want to have his back to the cage against Till—his clinch is far superior and his knees and elbows are dangerous. Being from a MT background he has some ridiculous trips and throws from the clinch as well, and he won’t be afraid to show his ground game. 

I can’t wait for this fight. 

WONDERBOYS IS ONE OF THOSE NORTH CAROLINA CHRISTIANS DOG YOU AINT SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT

Mike OxBIG -
Sinead O Connors Nipples -

Not quite. 

Beats the number 1 guy, I don't see why not.

Thank god they sent Usman to Chile, to have a match with Ponz, that nobody cares about. 

stcpm02 -

WONDERBOYS IS ONE OF THOSE NORTH CAROLINA CHRISTIANS DOG YOU AINT SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT

Isn't he from South Carolina?

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
stcpm02 -

Isn't he from South Carolina?

Yup! Go cocks!

Lyoto Bundy -
kennyfrommd -

It’s a very interesting match-up. Till was 44-0 in Muay Thai/kickboxing, and Wonderboy 57-0 in kickboxing.

Wonderboy relies on counter-striking, standing in a bladed stance with his hands low and having confidence in his front leg and his overall speed and accuracy. He fights so well at that medium-long range. He is definitely capable of tagging Till and moving around for five rounds. Wonderboy has been five rounds twice with the champion, and I think that’s his single biggest advantage in this fight. We haven’t seen Till go five rounds at this level, and he’s a big big welterweight. Wonderboy’s point karate style with his cardio and relaxation are hard to defeat.

Till is a pressure fighter, but he also does very well at that medium-long range given that he’s 6’2” and a huge Welter. He won’t rush and throw unnecessary strikes, but he will put pressure on in a collected way. He smashes people coming in with that long left straight and he throws ridiculous elbows if you get closer. I think Till will do a few things – first he’ll be looking to pressure Wonderboy straight away and dominate the centre of the octagon, but he won’t be erratic. Next he’ll be looking to nullify that front leg and inhibit Wonderboy’s movement and general gameplan. I don’t imagine we’ll see him kicking too much other than leg kicks and the odd left body kick or switch right to the body. Wonderboy also doesn’t want to have his back to the cage against Till—his clinch is far superior and his knees and elbows are dangerous. Being from a MT background he has some ridiculous trips and throws from the clinch as well, and he won’t be afraid to show his ground game. 

I can’t wait for this fight. 

Wtf do you think you are doing coming here and talking so much sense?

Great post, I agree with everything you said and am taking Till by TKO.

Leg kicks will be super important!!