Darrent Williams Dead

Broncos' Darrent Williams gunned down in limo
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 01/01/2007 05:36:46 AM MST

Broncos right cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed this morning after leaving a nightclub near 11th and Grant in a limousine. The team confirmed the death of Williams.

A female passenger also was shot, according to a source familiar with Williams.

Williams was 24.

"I learned from the Denver Police Deprtment that this incident has occured," Williams' agent, Jeff Griffin said early Monday morning. "No other details have been released. I sincerely offer my condolences and feelings to his family."

Williams was the Broncos' starting right cornerback and played his final game for the team in a 26-23 overtime loss to the San Francisco 49ers that eliminated Denver from the playoffs on New Year's Eve.

Horrible news. It completly took away my buzz for the Chiefs miracle yesterday. Im putting the Bronco hate aside to mourn the loss of a member of the NFL family and offer my condolences to the Williams family and the Broncos organisation and fans. RIP Darrent.

Where was 303 at the time?

Not cool

That's horrible. RIP.

RIP.  Very sad.

Wow.

RIP

"Not cool"

I know...but this is the OG...you have to get in before others do.

RIP

Damn,Broncos fans take their football serious!

Holy shit. That sucks.

RIP Darrent Williams.

I hope the police catch the people that did this.

Terrible.

RIP...Not all the details are out yet, but some broncos coaches have said that was reported to them their was an argument in teh bar. J walker was with them so i assume he spoke to the coaches

RIP

man that fucking sucks, i was in a couple classes with him

Awful.

They are saying it has to do with a incident at a club out here. Darrent and the couple other players who were with him left the club after there was some sort or altercation which was nto physical but people were not getting along. This is completely tragic and I cannot believe that just hours before I was at the game watching him play. Goes to show how precious life really is and that we should never take it for granted.

That's pretty fucking shitty, I could't believe it when I heard it.

RIP

RIP

The senselessness of this makes me sick.

In my prayers.

Terrible. RIP.

Man had 2 kids too! It's some punk ass gangster shit. Guys pulled up shooting the limo. Crazy. Seems like no 1 can go anywhere safe nowadayz.