Dash Cam Recommendations?

Anyone have a dash cam on their car? any recommendation for a good one?

I put a lot of time and effort back in 2015ish trying to find 'the best'.  Fact of the matter is every current dash cam is a chinese ripoff of a Chinese ripoff of a Chinese ripoff.  Quality is nonexistent.

Keep your expectations low and buy something cheap.  Signed, the guy who spent more and regretted it. 

My old Audi mechanic gave me this one about 8 years ago. I think he got a box full @ $25 each.  Still works great. Records in preset timeframes, automatically recording over oldest data (maybe 48 hours of recording), can record sound or be muted, turns off and on with ignition. Stick SD card into laptop and I can scroll through all of the clips.

Would not waste money on a pricey one.

![](upload://vAczQGYDQfaLf21FyOGSgjeq6yi.jpeg)

I had a thinkware in my old truck and it worked well, my new truck has a Momento M6 front and rear camera and I have been pleased. I think its worth it to have the ability to review video with Bluetooth or WiFi on your phone, taking the memory card out and looking on your computer is just enough of a pain you likely won’t bother.

SC MMA MD -

I had a thinkware in my old truck and it worked well, my new truck has a Momento M6 front and rear camera and I have been pleased. I think its worth it to have the ability to review video with Bluetooth or WiFi on your phone, taking the memory card out and looking on your computer is just enough of a pain you likely won’t bother.

Why would you ever need to review it unless you had a wreck? How often do you have a wreck?

Blackvue if you want quality. 

1 Like
jgiveshead -

I put a lot of time and effort back in 2015ish trying to find 'the best'.  Fact of the matter is every current dash cam is a chinese ripoff of a Chinese ripoff of a Chinese ripoff.  Quality is nonexistent.

Keep your expectations low and buy something cheap.  Signed, the guy who spent more and regretted it. 

This guy don't know what he is talking about. Chrck out Viofo dash cam. They are the best bang for the buck and even though they are from China, their customer support is great on dashcamtalk.com forum. I had my viofo for 5 years and it's still going strong. 

I have Blackvues in my car and the wife's car. The biggest thing to look for is there's no gap between clips and they can stand up to high heat. 

Phuck Phace -

Blackvue if you want quality. 

thanks I'll check out Blackvue

Can anyone atest to Vava dashcams?

Kona Silat -

Anyone have a dash cam on their car? any recommendation for a good one?

Get a GPS unit with an integrated dash cam. Something like the Garmin Drive Assist. 

I got a brand new rexing dashcam still in the box I haven’t opened. It’s like $200 I can give you a deal on it if you want. Pm me.

In

I want one just so i can make youtube highlight vids of horrific Jersey driving

The stupid shit i see on a daily basis . . .