Datsusara Backpack Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYAJ-h0haBM

I have had my Datsusara Battlepack Core for over 4 years. This is their middle sized backpack. It's been a great bag. The lack of water proofing doesn't bug me at all since I chuck it into my car's trunk so it is not really exposed to the elements much. It does hold a remarkable amount of stuff. I'm glad I got the middle sized backpack. My only complaint with the bag was that two zipper pulls came off, but I do love the back and would buy a new one. Thanks.

I hve the PRO. Best back pack in the business. Period. 

PeoriaBJJ -

I have the middle sized Core, and I think that it is pretty huge for jiu jitsu as it is and holds a ton of stuff (two gi's, multiple rash guards, multiple underwears, multiple tapes/wraps, multiple mouthguards, multiple sets of knee pads, t-shirts, hang my gloves off of it). I can't imagine carrying the Pro around which is even bigger, although I have buddies who love it. I don't do as much striking these days, so I guess if I needed head gear and shin guards, maybe I would need a bigger bag. The one thing though is that with a bigger bag, you tend to try to jam more and more stuff into it. LOL. Just curious what else you end up carrying in your Pro?

liuk3 - 
PeoriaBJJ -

I have the middle sized Core, and I think that it is pretty huge for jiu jitsu as it is and holds a ton of stuff (two gi's, multiple rash guards, multiple underwears, multiple tapes/wraps, multiple mouthguards, multiple sets of knee pads, t-shirts, hang my gloves off of it). I can't imagine carrying the Pro around which is even bigger, although I have buddies who love it. I don't do as much striking these days, so I guess if I needed head gear and shin guards, maybe I would need a bigger bag. The one thing though is that with a bigger bag, you tend to try to jam more and more stuff into it. LOL. Just curious what else you end up carrying in your Pro?

the joke in our gym is the older you get the more shit you carry with you....

I carry 1 gi (size A4 so its not small), rash guard, spats, nogi shorts, 40 oz water bottle, 24 oz gatorade, rolls of tape, big bottle of Purell, mouth piece, pre-wrap (that Ive NEVER used), 3 rolls of tape, wrestling head gear, flip-flops, 2 black belts, couple little axe body sprays (incase I have to stop by the store on my way home), power bars of some sort, little bottles of soap and body wash, then my wallet, sunglasses, phones, the usual daily stuff. Im not shitting you that pack weighs 40 lbs by the time Im walking out the door. So Im 40 y/o and carrying a pound for every year... 50 is gonna SUCK!!!!! But I bet I still have the bag!!!