Dave Camarillo: US National Judo Coach! (pic)

big congrats to Dave!

Great addition should help a lot with newaza Phone Post

Nice addition to an already nice resume

So does this mean he's a 'national level certified coach' or that he's 'one of the coaches of USA's olympic team'?

Dave is a certified USA National Judo Coach.

Jsteven - Great addition should help a lot with newaza Phone Post

True that.

Congrats Dave! Phone Post

awesome

AWESOMENESS

Congrats and way to represent

Cyril Jeff - 

It appears that you didn't answer the question.

USA judo has 6 levels of coaching certification; the picture posted shows that Camarillo is certified at the National level (this is above State and Regional, but below Continental, International and International Gold.

It's a nice thing to have on a resume, and might be required to coach athletes at the national tournament, but it's not as impressive as it sounds. I know many National level certified coaches with competition records not nearly as impressive as Camarillo's. I know coaches certified at the Continental level that weren't particularly strong competitors - Iowa alone has at least 8 at the National level or higher. It only takes a a couple-three seminars to get National certification.

When you phrase it as "USA National Judo Coach", you make it sound as if Camarillo was coaching the national team. It thought that title belongs to Jimmy Pedro.

dakotajudo - 
Cyril Jeff - 

USA judo has 6 levels of coaching certification; the picture posted shows that Camarillo is certified at the National level (this is above State and Regional, but below Continental, International and International Gold.

It's a nice thing to have on a resume, and might be required to coach athletes at the national tournament, but it's not as impressive as it sounds. I know many National level certified coaches with competition records not nearly as impressive as Camarillo's. I know coaches certified at the Continental level that weren't particularly strong competitors - Iowa alone has at least 8 at the National level or higher. It only takes a a couple-three seminars to get National certification.

When you phrase it as "USA National Judo Coach", you make it sound as if Camarillo was coaching the national team. It thought that title belongs to Jimmy Pedro.

look at the post you quoted, said "a" not "the", thread title fell victim to character limits.

Cyril Jeff - 
dakotajudo - 
Cyril Jeff - 

look at the post you quoted, said "a" not "the", thread title fell victim to character limits.

I'm afraid you don't understand the distinction.

MagSlim's question was
'national level certified coach' or that he's 'one of the coaches of USA's olympic team'

You didn't answer the question - perhaps you don't know the difference.

He is not "a" or "the" coach one of the national team, Senior, Junior or Paralympic, as far as I can find. I doubt he could be officially a coach of the national team, since that would require at least a Continental level certification.

Myself, I have a certificate very similar to the one posted, only mine says "REGIONAL JUDO COACH", not "NATIONAL". By that measure, I'm only one level below Camarillo. Skillwise, probably not that close.

By your terminology, I would be a USA Regional Judo Coach, but in fact, I mostly coach athletes who compete at a regional level.

up

dakotajudo - 
Cyril Jeff - 
dakotajudo - 
Cyril Jeff - 

I'm afraid you don't understand the distinction.

MagSlim's question was
'national level certified coach' or that he's 'one of the coaches of USA's olympic team'

You didn't answer the question - perhaps you don't know the difference.

He is not "a" or "the" coach one of the national team, Senior, Junior or Paralympic, as far as I can find. I doubt he could be officially a coach of the national team, since that would require at least a Continental level certification.

Myself, I have a certificate very similar to the one posted, only mine says "REGIONAL JUDO COACH", not "NATIONAL". By that measure, I'm only one level below Camarillo. Skillwise, probably not that close.

By your terminology, I would be a USA Regional Judo Coach, but in fact, I mostly coach athletes who compete at a regional level.

no, I understood the question, I never said he was "a" or "the" Coach for the Men's or Women's National Teams, I said he was "a certified USA National Judo Coach", which is a fact.

I know the difference, I just don't see the point in continuing to split hairs with you.

ttt

ttt

Cyrill Jeff, his point was that others who DON'T get the distinction will misinterpret Dave as now being the national coach for the US Judo team period.

Hunter V - Cyrill Jeff, his point was that others who DON'T get the distinction will misinterpret Dave as now being the national coach for the US Judo team period.

congrats to Dave!

Hunter V - Cyrill Jeff, his point was that others who DON'T get the distinction will misinterpret Dave as now being the national coach for the US Judo team period.

I understand, can't control people's assumptions though.

Cyril Jeff - 

I understand, can't control people's assumptions though.

rolls eyes