Dave Camarillo

CJJScout - Screw his politics, he is one of the best BJJ coaches in the game. His integration with judo can almost be considered revolutionary. Other top level BJJ guys have studied judo too, but none of integrated it as seamlessly as he has.

this

Mit - 
I think it has to do with the fact that he started in Judo and was at a high level doing that before going to Bjj.

Probably, but to it doesn't how he did it, just that he did it and does it. I'd love to learn under him for a little while.

Check out this interview with Dave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfP8zxurmCw&

I don't think people should judge him based on how they feel about Koscheck. I've met many parents who have kids who really annoy me, but that doesn't mean those parents are bad people. In addition, I think people shouldn't hold onto what Dave used to be in the past as it seems like he is no longer that same person. In the interview, he talks about how he was in the past and how he teaches his students to not be like the Dave of the past. He sounds like a great instructor and someone who has really matured and learned from his experiences.

For Bolo

for laters

second cousins I believe

The intention of the thread certainly wasn't to knock the guy just to question whether being on the show has done him more harm than good

DAVE CAMARILLO SEMINAR

Time:

Saturday, December 11 · 11:00am - 1:30pm

Académie Martiale Serei
1950 Rue Dandurand
Montreal, QC

70$ in advance, 75$ at the door

IF YOU SIGN UP AS A GROUP OF 5, THE 5th PERSON ATTENDS FOR FREE!

*ALL MEMBERS OF THE GROUP MUST BE FROM THE SAME TEAM, there is no limit of groups per team, All 5 must pay at the same time or else you are not eligible to this promotion

Come and join us for this unique experience as Camarillo takes a break from his coaching duties to give a seminar at Montreal BJJ Revolution Team.

For those of you who don't know, Camarillo's grappling style is an eclectic combination of his experience as member of a judo team at San Jose State University and training at the Gracie Academy, earning a Black belt in both sports. Camarillo is the grappling mastermind behind UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez, and UFC Welterweight Contenders Josh Kosckeck, Jon Fitch, and Mike Swick.

OntheMat.com once said, "It's funny that everybody in Judo is scared of David's ne waza and everybody in Jiu-Jitsu is scared of his stand up. (We) guess people in general are just scared of him."

Details at:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162021460504536