Dave Herman vs. Don Frye at Shark Fights 6

PRO MMA (promma.info) has learned from sources close to the bout that heavyweight prospect Dave “Pee Wee” Herman will be taking on MMA legend Don “The Predator” Frye at “Shark Fights 6″ tentatively scheduled for Sept. 12 at the Amarillo Civic Center in Amarillo, Texas.

Herman’s last bout was a first round TKO over Josh Barnes at Bellator 4 back in May. Although Herman is still under contract with Bellator, they have postponed their second season until Jan. 2010. Herman is considered somewhat of an MMA oddity, having fought much of his career with virtually no formal training.

Herman currently holds a 14-1 record. With 11 (T)KO’s and 3 submissions, he has finished all of his opponents aside from his lone loss which came against Mu Bae Choi last January at “Sengoku - No Ran 2009.”

Continue reading →

i see this fight ending in tko (exhaustion)

just hope Don shows up for this one

MushroomHead - are there any actual shark fights, or shark related activities at this event?

Or is the shark-name just to make it sound mean and aggressive?

LOL

Main event: Hammerhead vs. Great White

Catch weight 400 pounds

MushroomHead - are there any actual shark fights, or shark related activities at this event?

Shark-filled moat around a World Combat League-style surface.

ttt for Blueberry Muffin

We are very excited about this opportunity for Dave. He has been working hard and hopefully this fight can help him prove that the loss in Japan was a fluke.

F1 Management - We are very excited about this opportunity for Dave. He has been working hard and hopefully this fight can help him prove that the loss in Japan was a fluke.
yeah he definitely didn't look himself in that fight. now under Ed's guidance, Dave should be able to fine tune all the natural ability he has.

Dave is a freak of nature and is currently working very hard. I love Don, but I don't see him winning. If Dave H gets his BJJ on track, he could go VERY far. He has all of the tools and traits to be great.

Want Dave in the UFC!

ttt

HAHA This!!!

F1 Management - We are very excited about this opportunity for Dave. He has been working hard and hopefully this fight can help him prove that the loss in Japan was a fluke.

Are we going to see Herman in Strikeforce at some point?

TTT for Dave Herman!!!!! Peace, Johnathan Ivey

I'd give him the benefit of doubt, traveling to Japan and fighting has to be a bitch

Dave seems to have all the natural ability in the world along with serious power and wrestling.

That guy could potentially be a superstar down the road.

Ecko-hit me up, Dave needs an apparel sponsor;) f1management07@aol.com. Mike

Haha man what is Dave doing in that gif? I watched the fight at the time, but forget it now.

It looks like he just turned sideways, dropped his hands, and started walking casually away. then of course he is blasted by choi. I gotta rewatch that fight. Did he think the round was over or something?

Dave is training hard and will be in shape for this fight. We're expecting this to be a tough fight and are looking forward to Dave showcasing what he's been working on.

Ed Clay