Dave Jacobs

I don't post here a lot anymore, but I really think this is the best venue for a kind of eulogy for Dave/TPK. I am not one to be at a loss for words, particularly online, as many of you know. However, this seemed a lot clearer in my head before I started typing it out. 

Dave was my best friend for a very long time.  He was one of the funniest, most giving, insightful, and thoughtful guys I've ever known.  Everything he did, he did with passion and feeling. He was a gifted athlete, a fierce competitor, an excellent instructor, and a loyal friend.  

I am deeply uncomfortable when people tell me that they are sorry for my loss. My life is vastly richer because I knew Dave.  Although he's gone now, I can't count any part of that as a loss. I'll try to live my life more like him.

Hug a friend today. 

RIP TPK

it's great to see so many people come out & speak so highly of him.

RIP TPK

RIP

well said steve

He made the OG a better place. RIP TPK you'll be missed.

RIP, The People’s Knee.  

RIP

RIP

RIP to our brother

RIP

I interacted quite a bit with you and David here on the OG, long ago, and I knew you were both solid, high-quality guys. This is a sad time. 

I’m not going to pretend I knew TPK, I only met him once but he seemed like a good person and I know the people whom I am friends with really cared about him and that says a lot to me. 

Well put, Steve. RIP

Steve, you are a great friend to him and I am positive his life was Infinitely better having you in it as well 

RIP TPK.

Very thoughtful post, Steve.

Well put Professor.

The best.

Condolences, man. No BS, even though I never met him, he always came across as a great guy, and I would've jumped at the chance to grab a meal with him had our paths ever crossed. I also know a number of people that I like and respect (like Karel Pravec) who have nothing but good things to say about him.