Dave Meltzer joins MMAFighting.Com

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/1/3284607/ufc-michael-bisping-villain-mma-brock-lesnar-mma-news

Just watched UFC 18, how did Meltzer give that to Rizzo. All he did was land a few leg kicks. Phone Post

I don't know if there was any behind the scenes stuff, but yahoo got rid of Meltzer and kept Iole.

Think about that for a second.

That's insane.

RKing85 - I don't know if there was any behind the scenes stuff, but yahoo got rid of Meltzer and kept Iole.

Think about that for a second.

That's insane.

That's not how it happened. They tried to give their writers paycuts. Iole kept working for less $$$, Dave decided to leave.

WhereInTheWorldIsRicardoArona - Meltzer is the best journalist in MMA. Dana would agree. Phone Post

Haha. Thanks for the laugh. Phone Post

Meltzer is awesome.

Meltzer always has insightful stuff. Not always appreciated but always on top of his game in my opinion. Phone Post

Kirik -  Meltzer is awesome.

Kirik were you a pro wrestling fan? Phone Post

I'm a Meltzer man.

He has covered MMA for almost 20 years. He IS awesome and gets it right most of the time.

Cindy

Meltzer has been covering MMA since we called it NHB. He's not some pro wrestling bimbo. He's fantastic. Phone Post

MMAfanWA - Yeah he's, prolific. I just can't forgive his pro wrestling background Phone Post

Why? Pro wrestling played a huge role in the development of MMA in Japan. It was because of pro wrestlers that we got to enjoy PRIDE FC, (in my opinion) the greatest MMA promotion ever. Phone Post

Broady - 

Just watched UFC 18, how did Meltzer give that to Rizzo. All he did was land a few leg kicks. Phone Post

Yeah it was a very questionable decision, Coleman left for Pride after this fight, wound up winning the 2000 GP.

But what a great event UFC 18 was. Great names, great matchups, great fights. And for us Canadians, it was the first live ppv in three years. I'll never forget how excited I was to see this card, and man, did it deliver!

Not a fan. Phone Post

Meltzer intentionally butchered the UFC revenues in his articles--but I guess that is part of what makes him "awesome" and welcome to UFCFighting.com--oh, I mean MMAFighting.com. 

Of course, just some months later, Bloomberg corroborated the actual revenues of the UFC. . . which wasn't disputed anywhere. . .

That said, he does have some interesting information and favored access.

He is awesome and not at all afraid to write what he thinks. He has clashed with BLAF a couple times because of it. Good addition imo. Phone Post

MMAfanWA -
I am Ninja, You Can't see me! - He is awesome and not at all afraid to write what he thinks. He has clashed with BLAF a couple times because of it. Good addition imo. Phone Post

Did BLAF yank his media creds? That's how it works, right Phone Post

I think he has his credentials. Not sure tho. But Meltzer is the one who challenged BLAF on the declining ratings after the 3rd Fox card. Also about the showtime clause that said some strikeforce fighters couldn't cross over to the UFC. He happened to be correct about the later. Dana said he got confused and then confirmed what Meltzer said. I like him. Phone Post

I am Ninja, You Can't see me! - 
MMAfanWA -
I am Ninja, You Can't see me! - He is awesome and not at all afraid to write what he thinks. He has clashed with BLAF a couple times because of it. Good addition imo. Phone Post

I think he has his credentials. Not sure tho. But Meltzer is the one who challenged BLAF on the declining ratings after the 3rd Fox card. Also about the showtime clause that said some strikeforce fighters couldn't cross over to the UFC. He happened to be correct about the later. Dana said he got confused and then confirmed what Meltzer said. I like him. Phone Post

Well why not be accurate? 

Didn't Meltzer himself BACK OFF his initial report? 

Macedawgg -
MMAfanWA -

Who are you saying be accurate to? I don't know of he has credentials. At the last presser he had someone there representing him. So I would guess no. Look it up if you want to know! No BLAF backed off because he said he confused what Meltzer was saying. Meltzer was just saying that some fighters were contractually obliged to stay with showtime untill the deal expires. Even if they leave strikeforce they cannot sign with the UFC. BLAF said he was outta his mind, but later said that Meltzer was correct. Phone Post

Macedawgg -
MMAfanWA -

Who are you saying be accurate to? I don't know of he has credentials. At the last presser he had someone there representing him. So I would guess no. Look it up if you want to know! No BLAF backed off because he said he confused what Meltzer was saying. Meltzer was just saying that some fighters were contractually obliged to stay with showtime untill the deal expires. Even if they leave strikeforce they cannot sign with the UFC. BLAF said he was outta his mind, but later said that Meltzer was correct. Phone Post

Recheck the Meltzer articles.

Meltzer backed off his initial reports of the Showtime-UFC-Strikeforce relationship. . .