Dave Meltzer joins MMAFighting.Com

Macedawgg -
I am Ninja, You Can't see me! - 
Macedawgg -
MMAfanWA -
I am Ninja, You Can't see me! - He is awesome and not at all afraid to write what he thinks. He has clashed with BLAF a couple times because of it. Good addition imo. Phone Post

Did BLAF yank his media creds? That's how it works, right Phone Post

I think he has his credentials. Not sure tho. But Meltzer is the one who challenged BLAF on the declining ratings after the 3rd Fox card. Also about the showtime clause that said some strikeforce fighters couldn't cross over to the UFC. He happened to be correct about the later. Dana said he got confused and then confirmed what Meltzer said. I like him. Phone Post

Well why not be accurate? 

Didn't Meltzer himself BACK OFF his initial report? 

Who are you saying be accurate to? I don't know of he has credentials. At the last presser he had someone there representing him. So I would guess no. Look it up if you want to know! No BLAF backed off because he said he confused what Meltzer was saying. Meltzer was just saying that some fighters were contractually obliged to stay with showtime untill the deal expires. Even if they leave strikeforce they cannot sign with the UFC. BLAF said he was outta his mind, but later said that Meltzer was correct. Phone Post

Recheck the Meltzer articles.

Meltzer backed off his initial reports of the Showtime-UFC-Strikeforce relationship. . .

My bad. But I literally watched a video the other day. It was a media scrum and Helwani brought it up. I can't find it now. I heard Dana say that he had confused what Meltzer was saying and that in fact was correct regarding some fighters not being able to cross over. Even if they actually leave strikeforce they cannot sign with the UFC. I think I am confusing 2 different stories entirely. Lol. Sorry. Phone Post

Macedawgg -  Meltzer intentionally butchered the UFC revenues in his articles--but I guess that is part of what makes him "awesome" and welcome to UFCFighting.com--oh, I mean MMAFighting.com. 

Of course, just some months later, Bloomberg corroborated the actual revenues of the UFC. . . which wasn't disputed anywhere. . .

That said, he does have some interesting information and favored access.

Interestingly When Iole and Meltzer were both with Yahoo. Iole was asked why isn't he covering Strikeforce (at that time)? Iole said on mmajunkieradio "it is cheaper for Yahoo to fly in Meltzer to cover Strikeforce events than to fly me in to cover Strikeforce (at that time)."

I like Meltzer....but, I like Ben Fowlkes better....imho

Macedawgg - 
Macedawgg -
MMAfanWA -
I am Ninja, You Can't see me! - He is awesome and not at all afraid to write what he thinks. He has clashed with BLAF a couple times because of it. Good addition imo. Phone Post

Did BLAF yank his media creds? That's how it works, right Phone Post

I think he has his credentials. Not sure tho. But Meltzer is the one who challenged BLAF on the declining ratings after the 3rd Fox card. Also about the showtime clause that said some strikeforce fighters couldn't cross over to the UFC. He happened to be correct about the later. Dana said he got confused and then confirmed what Meltzer said. I like him. Phone Post

Well why not be accurate? 

Didn't Meltzer himself BACK OFF his initial report? 

Who are you saying be accurate to? I don't know of he has credentials. At the last presser he had someone there representing him. So I would guess no. Look it up if you want to know! No BLAF backed off because he said he confused what Meltzer was saying. Meltzer was just saying that some fighters were contractually obliged to stay with showtime untill the deal expires. Even if they leave strikeforce they cannot sign with the UFC. BLAF said he was outta his mind, but later said that Meltzer was correct. Phone Post

Recheck the Meltzer articles.

Meltzer backed off his initial reports of the Showtime-UFC-Strikeforce relationship. . .

Meltzer clearly also said that this topic came up when he was talking to one of the fighters. He did admit that he shouldn't brought this discussion he was having with the fighter up on the radio.

Meltzer also said that when Ariel Helwani had Stephen Espinoza on the MMA Hour to talk about Meltzer's comment. Espinoza wouldn't say one way or the other if Meltzer was right or wrong.