Dave Mirra have CTE? Caused his suicide?

This is what I thought when I heard about Mirra.

Junior Seau went through it and I'm sure Dave Mirra likely had it.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2016/02/dave_mirra_cte_bmx_injuries_concussion.html Phone Post 3.0

That article is simple speculation like everyone else has been doing. That being said they've found CTE in soccer players...so yeah.

Fuck that sucks.

The first I've heard it.

I didn't think about it but it makes you wonder. Jim McMahon of the Bears had some kind of neck issue that caused fluid to leak into his brain causing brain damage. You never know the after effects that cause depression Phone Post 3.0

Funny how everyone says that and nobody has a clue. Everyone wants to make an excuse like brain injury which more than likely wasn't related. Phone Post 3.0

It appears as though no one is responsible for anything anymore. The GMO food is to blame for obesity, the doctors over prescribing pain medicine is responsible for hard drug addicts, CTE and mental illness is responsible for most shootings.

I am not saying that Mirra didn't possibly have CTE, but this is pure speculation at this point too.

Either way he was hurting enough that he took his own life. CTE or no CTE, I don't give a fuck. RIP to a legend of extreme sports Phone Post 3.0

HillaryClintonsCuckold -
jcblass - It appears as though no one is responsible for anything anymore. The GMO food is to blame for obesity, the doctors over prescribing pain medicine is responsible for hard drug addicts, CTE and mental illness is responsible for most shootings.

I am not saying that Mirra didn't possibly have CTE, but this is pure speculation at this point too.
Obviously it's speculation you fucking idiot, and unless his family wants his brain dissected it will always be speculation. Doesn't mean people shouldn't question why. Phone Post 3.0
Point is everyone immediately says cte.Why don't they say something probably more realistic like he was having problems at home with wife or drugs. Phone Post 3.0

TexasBadAss - I didn't think about it but it makes you wonder. Jim McMahon of the Bears had some kind of neck issue that caused fluid to leak into his brain causing brain damage. You never know the after effects that cause depression Phone Post 3.0
Just watched the '85 Bears 30 for 30 (amazing btw), Dave Duerson commit suicide (research says he had CTE) and McMahon said due to his onset dementia that he was so depressed at one point that if he had a gun he would have ended it as well. Phone Post 3.0

Transporter - 
HillaryClintonsCuckold -
jcblass - It appears as though no one is responsible for anything anymore. The GMO food is to blame for obesity, the doctors over prescribing pain medicine is responsible for hard drug addicts, CTE and mental illness is responsible for most shootings.

Obviously it's speculation you fucking idiot, and unless his family wants his brain dissected it will always be speculation. Doesn't mean people shouldn't question why. Phone Post 3.0
Point is everyone immediately says cte.Why don't they say something probably more realistic like he was having problems at home with wife or drugs. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. He was just as likely to be a drug addict who couldn't cope anymore. We just don't know, so trying to suggest this could be a CTE issue is pointless, it very well may be something else...

Didn't he shoot himself in the head? Might be hard to study his brain. Phone Post 3.0

TzTinkle - That article is simple speculation like everyone else has been doing. That being said they've found CTE in soccer players...so yeah.
Ever headbutted a ball outta the air? It aint so soft. Soccer players are not surprising to me in the least. Phone Post 3.0

Transporter -
HillaryClintonsCuckold -

Well considering that from time he was able to ride a bike he was doing things that was damaging to his brain I think that's it's not crazy to assume CTE is a contributing factor. The falls those guys take are a hell of a lot more traumatic than what happens on a football field. Phone Post 3.0

CTE very well might have contributed to Mirra's state of mind, but that doctor is a habitual line stepper.

He recently tried to imply the condition might have been a factor in the OJ murders. Shut the fuck up.

jcblass -
Transporter - 
HillaryClintonsCuckold -

Exactly. He was just as likely to be a drug addict who couldn't cope anymore. We just don't know, so trying to suggest this could be a CTE issue is pointless, it very well may be something else...
I guess you guys know that's what guys with CTE do right? They can't control impulses and make terrible decisions. There's countless ex high school football players who's brains are mush and have these same problems but families don't have them tested after death they figure they were a drug addicted brain dead loser. Which could be right. People don't realize you only have 1 or 2 good bumps to the head before shit gets real if it hasn't already. Phone Post 3.0

ltr

2inchpunisher - 
jcblass -
Transporter - 
HillaryClintonsCuckold -

I guess you guys know that's what guys with CTE do right? They can't control impulses and make terrible decisions. There's countless ex high school football players who's brains are mush and have these same problems but families don't have them tested after death they figure they were a drug addicted brain dead loser. Which could be right. People don't realize you only have 1 or 2 good bumps to the head before shit gets real if it hasn't already. Phone Post 3.0

No one is debating this, but there are also countless more people who kill themselves for reasons totally unrelated to CTE. We are purely speculating because CTE is en vouge these days.

Kings21 - 
TzTinkle - That article is simple speculation like everyone else has been doing. That being said they've found CTE in soccer players...so yeah.
Ever headbutted a ball outta the air? It aint so soft. Soccer players are not surprising to me in the least. Phone Post 3.0

Yea, but how often are they heading the ball other than in practice? I'm waiting for them to find CTE in a sport or occupation with no head impacts at all.

jcblass - 
2inchpunisher - 
jcblass -
Transporter - 
HillaryClintonsCuckold -

No one is debating this, but there are also countless more people who kill themselves for reasons totally unrelated to CTE. We are purely speculating because CTE is en vouge these days.

Yeah could be CTE could be drug use. Suicide isn't really normal for people who just go through rough circumstances. So it probably was something. Speculating on it being CTE is valid given that he probably suffered numerous head injuries.

It's not really that far of a stretch.

CTE also leads to drug abuse which leads to suicide so there is compounding factors.

TzTinkle - 
Kings21 - 

Yea, but how often are they heading the ball other than in practice? I'm waiting for them to find CTE in a sport or occupation with no head impacts at all.

If they are a pro and started playing at 5 or 6 they've probably headed the ball thousands of times. At least with soccer you can remove heading without affecting the game too much. NFL you can't do much.........