David Aguzzi !!!

Can't blame him for getting upset, nor do I agree with slamming and heel hooks, but that still doesn't justify yelling at an athlete, esp, if they are from another team. How would you feel if you gave someone a concussion in an MMA fight and the guys coach jumped in the ring and started coming down on you? I think that coaches should respect the athletes, esp if they weren't doing an illegel or intentional move. I agree that it's not about hurting one another, but you do get hurt, there is a difference between checkmate and an arm bar, it's part of what we do. Just like in MMA, when you open a huge gash on top of someones brow and put him in a comma, you don't want that to happen, but you did plan to knock him out. Same with the heel hook, to avoid getting hurt, you gotta tap early. Bottom line, as a coach, I would never yell or disrespect an athlete that won fair within the rules, even if he hurt one of my guys, it's not good sportsmanship and it doesn't reflect nicely on the sport. I noticed that Aguzzi was down afterwards (just my speculation) and didn't stick around, and that isn't fair on him. Again, huge props to Rene for being a great sport and not taking it personnally, I respect that, I hope you get better soon and Team Ronin will be down for your tournament. BTW MC, were you there? Didn't see you? I'd like to say hi next time...

Just my two cents...

Mark,

Thanks again for your advice when it happened. I saw my physio yesterday and she said following it probably helped greatly reduce the injury (since it limited the swelling which can be just as destructive as the initial trauma). I'm following rehab to the letter, so hopefully I'll quicken things up that way as well.

I, myself think his actions were not nessicary.