David Avellan v Xande RibeiroPROPS

good jobs

at some point soon it will be...there are already quite a few matches out there...

TTT for the man with the IRONMAN MATCHES!!!

Its sad to know that some people prefer buttscooting over a grappler who is always pushing the action.

"Its sad to know that some people prefer buttscooting over a grappler who is always pushing the action."

Your definition of "pushing the action" is suspect at best.

hmmmm.... Mr. Tomato Can... and i'm begining to suspect what you have against Dave.... could it be he actually has beaten someone you'd know... hmmm..I am begining to wonder what you have against the man.

And Yes Mike is correct David is all heart and you can clearly see him always pushing forward. it's very rare that you'll see him back down to a defensive position as to the "butt scoot" method as my associate Mike clearly and so boldly states..lol..

either way the man has a HUGE amount of respect from me, and the fact that him and Xande went that long in a match, says a lot. Xande was the man that also, he also brought that fight to Dave and it seemed he was surprised by David's never ending "will". And same with Drysdale.

"hmmmm.... Mr. Tomato Can... and i'm begining to suspect what you have against Dave.... could it be he actually has beaten someone you'd know... hmmm..I am begining to wonder what you have against the man. "

Actually, he didn't beat someone I know, he lost to someone I know. That would be Tarsys. I have no beef with Dave at all. The guy is obviously talented and a hard worker. I was just responding to this asshole shitting on Tarsys and trying to disparage his performance. Dave never passed guard or even got a takedown, which was shocking because he clearly had the wrestling advantage.

If anyone is guilty of sour grapes, it's this FFAmike bozo.

Tomato Can, you wrote:

"I was just responding to this asshole shitting on Tarsys and trying to disparage his performance."

Ummmm... NO. Nobody said anything about Tarsys until you came posting negative comments about David. Go back and check the posts.

The thread starter created the thread to give props to an amazing grappler in David Avellan - and in the process also gave props to his opponent Xande Ribeiro. Then you came in and dropped the first negative post.

By the way everyone, David Avellan is thrilled right now because his fighter, Ariel Gandulla, just won in Las Vegas in the WEC versus Gary Padilla (7-1)! Ariel improved his record to 6-0. Can somebody say "UFC" :)

Sincerely,

Marcos Avellan

Look, I said that Dave's matches weren't exactly scintillating, and that is the truth. He had a lot of uneventful 0-0 matches. Then FFAmike comes on with his sour grapes bullshit, says Tarsys did nothing, and calls him a "butt scooting fag". Come on now, who's the one being inflammatory?

It's obvious Dave is an excellent grappler, but his style doesn't make for the most exciting matches and to say that he'd have "steamrolled the entire tournament" if the rules were "not so retarded" is just looney.

"Look, I said that Dave's matches weren't exactly scintillating, and that is the truth."

No, that is opinion which is very subjective. Many people feel David's matches were inspirational and wouldn't have referred to them as boring.

My point is that you did not come on this thread to defend anyone's honor - you came on here to try to rain on David's parade.

But regardless, everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just had to call you out on the "I just came on here to defend my friend" argument.

Sincerely,

Marcos Avellan

Well, I guess I'm just a parade-raining asshole. Sorry to anyone I offended, except FFAmike, who's an even bigger asshole than me.

hahaha.... TTT for Marcos!!! get it!..haha

CONTRATULATIONS TO ARIEL FOR HIS WEC WIN!!!

and tomato can guy....i dont think Tarsys' name was ever dropped by Mike... so i dunno why you just automatically assume that.. when to me Mike could just of been making a general comment, since David has dealt with a lot of "butt-scooters" in his time. so chill out man.. this forum was just to give props...

Besides i believe... you started it =P...haha j/k

Dude, this is what Mike said:

"The fight with Tarsys Humphries should have never went to double overtime let alone overtime. all he did was defend dave from chokeing him the whole match and then dave tried to make somthing happen in double overtime and got caught. It is not his fault that most brazillians are butt scooting fags."

Sorry to butt in . . . but back to the point of the thread. I was sitting in the second row from the floor directly in front of the match between David and Xande. Xande is obviously regarded as one of the top guys in the world right now, and for good reason. I honestly thought David would lose, and I'm a pretty big fan. As the match wore on, you could tell that Xande was losing steam and confidence. Dave, on the other hand, just seemed to get more and more confident as time went on. Also, I'm not sure if anyone out of FFA even understands the concept of gassing, and David was no exception. At the end of the match, I was afraid that Xande would get the nod just based upon reputation alone. It was an excellent result, and David earned a win against a guy who is top five (in ANY weight class) in the world. Congrats and respect to David Avellan, once again.

How much would it cost to come by for weekend and train at FFA?

• Mark..thank you for bringing my thread back to the lightside!!haha.. yes i agree David was indeed the underdog in that round. but man that guy has too much heart, and i think you saw it take place when he went on against Xande and just imposed his will on him. Dave is just one big cardio machine, he's for sure an "Ironman". and yea at FFA there is plenty of cardio butt kicking goin there ( which i'm embarrassed to admit mine has been lacking for the past few weeks, sorry Marcos, but i'm working on mine, tired of getting gassed and owned when i know i'm better than that) but yea i was also affraid they were gonna screw Dave over cuz of name recognition or watever politics. but he pulled through and moved on.. now can't wait for David's BoDog fight to finally air!!!

• WrestlingSucks.. i wouldnt know what it'd cost ya, that's something you'd have to wait and see if Marcos would come and poke his head into this thread for. but why would you want to wait for the weekend??? WE'RE OPEN 24 HOURS NOW MAN!!! just come right on in whenever and just talk to someone there (after hearing from Marcos i'd assume..haha). with all the new renovations and expansion the place is starting to look real sweet aside from the dust ofcourse..haha sorry Marcos.. but for real i have a good time there training and all the new renovations makes training much more exciting for me. and everybody there is really cool people. so just show up dude. it's all fun and games, and you'll for sure get a nice butt kicking which is always "NIIIICCCEEEE" Borat accent

~James

Avellan bros awesome fighters, anyone has the video David vs X. Ribeiro?

Tomato Can
Im sorry if I hurt your feelings. But for most people that watched the match. There was a definate bending in the rules by Tarsys. at one point in the 1st over time he dropped to his but and turned to four. In the rules meeting they clearly stated that if you drop guard or butt scoot then you will be dinged one point. when he did this he was not given a negative point that is why I am sour about this match. also in the rules meeting they said if you shoot just to go to guard than you will be given negitives. This was done multiple times in the first period of regulation. And if you think Im an asshole than watch the video. The rules in the adcc suck and if this would have been grapplers quest or naga. than tarsys would have lost in the first period. But he won and I give him his props seeing that he lasted 20 minutes with dave. and he is only the 3rd person to submit him. But I still say the match should have went to dave.by the way I am starting to think you are a butt scooter.

Fair enough. I think the reason he never got the point deductions is because he'd shoot, and then Dave would sprawl and get along side him, and he'd have to work back to the guard from the turtle, which would often take a while. I understand your frustration with the ambiguous rules but if Dave wanted the points he should have tried being more aggressive with his own takedowns, where he probably had a sizeable advantage.