David Branch Calls Out Yoel Romero

jpm995 -

Didn't Moti Horenenstein have to fight Coleman and Kerr in his first 2 fights?

Poor bastard if true!

Respect to Branch but he needs to win a fight first before fighting a contender.

MR31 -
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -

Can anyone think of another fighter who has had tougher competition for their first few fights of a UFC run than Branch? 

Jotko was 6-1 in the UFC. Branch beat him then his next two were/are Rockhold and Romero.

Maybe Brock? He fought Mir, Herring and Randy. 

Overeem? He fought stomach aids Brock and Juiced Bigfoot

You definitely can't accuse him of being scared!!!

Eddie Alvarez had a tough road from the start

True. Cerrone, Giblert and Pettis were all top fighters at the time. 

Any others?

FrFrank trigg fought Hughes twice and gsp once in the early stages of his run right?

Then Bigfoot Silva fought Cain twice, Travis Browne when he was still hot and Overeem. That's a murderers row for your first 4 UFC fights lol

Bigfoot didn't fight Cain, he was fed to Cain!

MR31 -
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -

Can anyone think of another fighter who has had tougher competition for their first few fights of a UFC run than Branch? 

Jotko was 6-1 in the UFC. Branch beat him then his next two were/are Rockhold and Romero.

Any others?

FrFrank trigg fought Hughes twice and gsp once in the early stages of his run right?

Then Bigfoot Silva fought Cain twice, Travis Browne when he was still hot and Overeem. That's a murderers row for your first 4 UFC fights lol

You get no arguments from me on that one. It was like scrappy doo splatting ghosties

I honestly believe the version of Cain that beat Bigfoot and JDS beats any heavyweight ever

jpm995 -

Didn't Moti Horenenstein have to fight Coleman and Kerr in his first 2 fights?

He didn't ask for it, though.

RIP Branch. He was a brave man.

Yoel Romero vs. David Branch slated for UFC on FOX 28 https://t.co/nRc5lGegOy pic.twitter.com/tf6SSfGVDV

— Shaheen Al-Shatti (@shaunalshatti) December 29, 2017
Carogan -
Taco Muncher -

Branch ain't young at 36 but Romero is 40 (41 in April). You'd think at some point soon he's going to lose some of that explosiveness that has helped him gain the advantage in many of his MMA fights. 

We've seen it in his last two UFC fights.  Especially now that USADA is on to him.  

Romero lost his last fight and he was losing to Weidman 2-0 until Yoel pulled that flying knee out of his ass.

Everybody is overrating Yoel.  I think he's all set up for a losing streak right now.

Yoel has a habit of pulling out a stoppage when he needs it though. 

Im pretty sure he was also losing to Brunson and Kennedy in the 3rd before getting the stoppage. 

I agree that his best days are behind him but he's still better than Branch everywhere 

209'd@170 - 
MR31 -
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -

Any others?

You get no arguments from me on that one. It was like scrappy doo splatting ghosties

I honestly believe the version of Cain that beat Bigfoot and JDS beats any heavyweight ever

Even the Fedor that busted up Nogueira and beat Crocop?! I’d lean towards Fedor

Branch is very underrated. And who in their right mind asks to fight Romero. Much respect to Branch and hope he wins!

ons ear -
209'd@170 - 
MR31 -
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -

Any others?

Even the Fedor that busted up Nogueira and beat Crocop?! I’d lean towards Fedor

That Fedor was a beast too. A fight between the two in their prime would have been amazing but I’d be putting my money on Cain if I had to have a bet