David Camarillo???

Dave has always been ok with me untill this. I just stay out of the stuff with him and Ralph. This is a rediculous thing to get courts involved in an argument. I never said that they should have fought him right there. That would not have been smart on either of there part, for legal resons of course. from what I saw it was squashed right there.

Maybe I shouldnt have called him some of those names but I was pissed when I saw what Dave did. I dont think Dave should be acting like a battered woman.

I dont know why dave would go after Sapoa like this.

All of this is so unnecessary and I just thought all you people that love Dave so much (I used to) can see what kind of backstabbing style he does.

How is it backstabbing when all the threats were made against him? He's not threatening anybody, he's simply looking out for himself in a legal and mature way.

Better yet, get Dave's book when it comes out. You'll have a much better understanding of his point of view then.

calfslicer, should DC have waited until things escalated, to take legal action? sounds like he took a pre emptive action to keep things from getting out of hand. and whats such a big deal anyway, if he wants a restraining order against that nutcase(sapao, ralph)? why SHOULD sapao want to be within 50 yards of him? if ralph/sapao didnt want to fu*k with camarillo, the restraining order wouldnt be an issue.

Dave can do whatever he wants. I really dont think the order will stick anyways. The only problem is If they where both at the same tourney he could have Sapoa arrested.

Usurper, I know all the parties invloved in this situation and none of them are nutcases.

Dave has no loyalty. When you learn jiujitsu for free all the way to blackbelt you should have some loyalty when it comes to jiujitsu.

I know the book will have some sob stories on how Ralph is a big bad scarey man and poor Dave didnt know what to do.

dray,
I dont need the book thanks. I think I dont want to know or have much to do with Dave anymore.

"Dave has no loyalty. When you learn jiujitsu for free all the way to blackbelt you should have some loyalty when it comes to jiujitsu."

What about Dave teaching for Ralph for years and having nothing to show for it financially?

So you're saying DC never paid for any BJJ lessons all the way to black belt? And if so, why? What was Ralph getting out of this -- was DC teaching judo? Or is Raplh such a nice guy that any of us can show up and get free lessons?

"So you're saying DC never paid for any BJJ lessons all the way to black belt? And if so, why? What was Ralph getting out of this -- was DC teaching judo? Or is Raplh such a nice guy that any of us can show up and get free lessons? "

If you are his good friend, Which Dave was, yes.

"What about Dave teaching for Ralph for years and having nothing to show for it financially? "

Dave didnt mind teaching back then. He has a love for jiujitsu and that was the least he could do was teach some classes. If you are saying he was overworked and a slave for Ralph you are totally wrong.

"calfslicer- you sound like a fucking idiot "

You are right I am an Idiot. lol

Actually filing the restraining order was a smart move because "God-forbid" if something really bad does occur there is an "offical record" which can be used to show that something bad "was" going to happen.

Calfslicer, you know more about when Dave was still at Ralph's than I do. I can say that when I met him, shortly before he started teaching at AKA, he had next to nothing aside from his grappling skills. Literally a few bucks in his bank account...since he left, he's amassed a huge jiu-jitsu team at AKA, opened another dedicated affiliate in Minnesota, started conducting seminars and making DVDs, has a book coming out and is also the jiu-jitsu coach for one of the premier teams in MMA. He's built his resume and made more money in ways he wasn't able to teaching at Ralphs. Perhaps those guys should congradulate him for taking his life and career into his own hands and creating his own success rather than threaten him over it.

Calfslicer,

If you were a friend of Dave's like you say you were why don't you call him and ask for his side of the story? Sounds to me like you are the kind of guy you are making Dave out to be.

This has been going on for years without resolution, enough is enough something had to be done.

Loyalty goes both ways, because you give me a gift it does not mean you own me.

calfslicer is the kool-aid at ralph's grape or fruit punch?

Again, why is the restraining order against Sapao and not Ralph then??

"This is a rediculous thing to get courts involved in an argument."

You make statements as if you where right there. If you where there, then you would have heard that Sapao was the one making the threats, even hitting Daves water bottle out of his hand. That was when Sapao had 6 or 7 guys next to him to jump Dave... Sapao started it and David was not going to back down until his friend jumped in. It was Two against 6 or 7 guys??

Day two, Sapao again, making threats outside.. Sorry, but I was right there... but this time, Sapao only had him and one other. Sapao backed off this time though and I am sure it was because he only had one other with him. But he was still telling Dave he will get him one of these days!! That was a threat!!

"I never said that they should have fought him right there. That would not have been smart on either of there part, for legal resons of course. from what I saw it was squashed right there.
Maybe I shouldnt have called him some of those names but I was pissed when I saw what Dave did. I dont think Dave should be acting like a battered woman. "

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have never in my life seen him act like this..

"I dont know why dave would go after Sapoa like this."

Are you crazy?? David never went after him.. Not once!! get your facts right...

"All of this is so unnecessary and I just thought all you people that love Dave so much (I used to) can see what kind of backstabbing style he does."

How long have you been a Ralph Student? Where you there back in the day when the Penn brothers, Cameron Earl, and the whole crew was there?? I know you where not.. David has bent over backwards for Ralph and all he got was threatend the whole time.. If slavary still goes on in Brazil, fine, but not here!! Loyalty works both ways and with Ralph, this was one sided. That is the same reason Ralph kicked his own cousin out of his academy... His own cousin chose not to be a slave...

one last thing... I was there when Ralph and another Black Belt ( I wont mention ) threatened Dave in the locked room...

I have seen things at that academy I have never seen before and hope i never see again.

The reason it was not filed on Ralph was when he came to "visit" Dave, Dave was not home, so no threat was made. Even though we all know what that visit was going to entail. The main threat that Ralph made was 2 or more years ago, this Sapao deal is an extension of the long arm of Ralph.

Markpal, if you can not see this then I am sorry, you have 3 people that have seen all of this unfold without the blindfold you currenly have on. We were all in the same boat at one point or another, I just hope you never have to be involved in an identical situation. I do not want you to think I am disrespecting you cuz it is not my intention.

Restraining orders aren't for battered women. They are to protect ANYONE from psycho's who can harm them, their property/business or their family.

It's also a legitimate way to stop dealing with someone. Let's say you aren't really "scared" of them but you are sick of them interferring in your life. (ie. you don't want to have to be strapped to go to a BJJ tournament.). You can just eliminate this irritant from your life legally and safely.

Wow. I trained with Ralph Gracie for three years, and the last year been training with Dave Camarillo. Reading these posts reminds me of why I left Ralph's academy. Nobody, whether a student or an instructors needs indimidation or threats. Once you stop training with Ralph, you are definitely made to feel like you dont belong. Such a strange and unnerving feeling. I've had the distinct pleasure of watching Dave mature from a guy who i was scared of (over at Ralph's) to a true gentleman, and a credit to Jui Jitsu.

"Dave has no loyalty." That arguably is one of the stupidest statements i've read in quite a while. Dave has loyalty to advancing jui jitsu, and is an incredible teacher and a wonderful person. For anybody who question's Dave's "loyalty" to this great Martial Art, please feel free to drop by AKA virtually every night to see how much of his heart and soul he pours into his students. I'm a proud Dave Camarillo Loyalist.

Markpal, if you can not see this then I am sorry, you have 3 people that have seen all of this unfold without the blindfold you currenly have on. We were all in the same boat at one point or another, I just hope you never have to be involved in an identical situation. I do not want you to think I am disrespecting you cuz it is not my intention

No disrespect taken, I was just asking and you were answering respectfully. I don't know the backstory behind any of this stuff, so I was just curious.

I wouldn't say I have a blindfold on, I just stay out of it. I know Ralph has issues with Dave and Crosley, it is none of my business so I don't ask about it. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't be friendly with both of them when I see them out just because I train with Ralph.

Thanks for answering the questions.

Calfslicer- you make it sound like it was such a horrible thing for Dave to get a restraining order.

Well, if you are confident that your boy Sapoa isnt acting like a goon, then what's the harm? Northern Cal is a big area, I'm sure Sapoa doesnt need to come within 50 feet of Dave in the course of his daily activities.

I was at Ralph's from the day he opened the doors. I must say in this situation I support Dave 100%. I know cause I was there.

Alexander