David Heath Gets A Chance

Just days before the upstart Shine Fight Promotions' first pay-per-view event, the organization has been forced to juggle its main-card lineup.

PRIDE, EliteXC and King of the Cage veteran Travis Galbraith (17-7), who was scheduled to meet Murilo 'Ninja' Rua (18-10-1) in the evening's co-main event, has withdrawn from Saturday's "Worlds Collide: Mayorga vs. Thomas" event following a disagreement with the organization over travel arrangements.

"I'm really disappointed," Galbraith told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I was really looking forward to fighting 'Ninja.' Him and his brother are the whole reason I started fighting MMA."

Galbraith said his decision to withdraw from the card was based on a series of events that left him concerned.

"It was kind of a compilation of a few things," Galbraith said. "First off, we were only sent the travel schedule three days prior to the fight. My manager was trying to get hold of them two weeks prior to the fight regarding my travel itinerary and didn't get a rely until three days prior.

"On top of that, being in the co-main event, it was in my contract that I could have two cornermen accompany me to the fight. Also three days prior to the fight, I was told I was only allowed one guy. So we chose not to participate in the event because the contract was not being met."

Galbraith said the decision to turn down the fight was a difficult one, but he has lost confidence in the organization and has concerns that Shine Fights might not live up to the terms of the rest of his contract, either.

"It was kind of a sign of things to come," Galbraith said. "There were warning bells going off when we weren't able to track down our itinerary until three days before the fight. I didn't even know if the fight was going to happen up to that point. That was what pushed the envelope for me."

Shine Fight matchmaker Ron Foster declined to comment specifically on the matter, though he did confirm that Galbraith had withdrawn and that a replacement has already been secured.

"A five-time UFC veteran stepped up to take his place," Foster said.

MMAjunkie.com has since learned from additional sources close to the promotion that David Heath (14-6) is the replacement opponent to which Foster referred.

Galbraith said he'll return to action on May 29 for one-time UFC fighter Bill Mahood's eXtreme Fighting Challenge promotion against an opponent yet to be determined. And while he walked away from the contest this time, Galbraith hopes to one day fight Rua under a different banner.

"I really would love to fight 'Ninja,'" Galbraith said. "That's the real kick in the nuts. I was really looking forward to this."

-mmajunkie

war heath!!

terrible

Heath vs Ninja is solid.. nice.. go Ninja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will be a great fight. I would expect a KO/TKO. Either Heath round one, or Ninja round 2 or 3.

Great last minute fill in.

I have a feeling this might also factor into Galbraith's decision:

Tom Watson vs. Travis Galbraith 

That being said, I don't doubt his allegations about how Shine Fights is handling things

Heath is a bad ass. His fight with Ninja's gonna be a definite fight of the night contender.

smoogy - I have a feeling this might also factor into Galbraith's decision...

Are you implying that once a fighter gets knocked out, they will take every opportunity to avoid a fight? Kind of hard to make a living that way, being a fighter and all.

Or where you just looking to get your gif out there again? =)

huge props to Heath for stepping up on such late notice

i actually like this fight better

Gailbraith should have taken the fight regardless, he cant be too choosy if he's a no named fighter

david heath is a classy competitor and a stud for stepping to fight ninja....
i wish you good luck my brother i am firmly in your corner

terrible

Good Luck Dave!!!

TTT

give it up...even i know oklahoma is the hotbed for mma but still cant compete with brazil!

honestly he has a chance standing but he will likely get submitted

Heath by whatever he wants and Shibby,You are bordering on libel

Galbraith doesnt deserve a shot at Rua and was just being brought in as cannon fodder anyways! My guess is given Galbraiths record of only beating chumps that he got cold feet and pulled out to fight a Tomato can on a smaller show! Heath will give Rua a better fight anyways.

shibbyguy - give it up...even i know oklahoma is the hotbed for mma but still cant compete with brazil!

You're an idiot. Ninja is far better on his feet than on the ground. You better go brush your teeth because it smells like shit is coming out of your mouth.

frontrowbrian -  Not getting the guy his flight info until 3 days before the show? If that's true, it doesn't speak too highly of the organizational abilities of the people at Shine fights. Not just any guy but someone who is 2nd from the top of the card.

and upset.

Heath should have been awarded the decision against machida and will pull out the victory against ninja.

terrible

The Marvelous One - 
Tartan warrior - 
shibbyguy - give it up...even i know oklahoma is the hotbed for mma but still cant compete with brazil!

You're an idiot. Ninja is far better on his feet than on the ground. You better go brush your teeth because it smells like shit is coming out of your mouth.

Tartan warrior comes off very insecure in this post!

OMA = Funny

The Marvelous One =

The Marvelous One's jokes=

Showing some serious cajones hopefully paid Heath some show money.