Day #38 of pooping in a bucket

My cast iron sewer lines have been slowly giving up and finally bit the dust the first week of December. I haven’t had a working toilet since. This is my life now.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I gotta go empty the bucket. I’ll post more pics when I’m done.

1 Like

please don’t

2 Likes

What if I make it blurry?

Fuck.

Squatting position with knees raised is supposed to be the most natural, efficient pooping position. Agree?

3 Likes

sheep bucket GIF by Qvisten Animation

2 Likes

How long until they’re replaced?

I should have it ready for inspection by the end of the day. I’ll have the girls in the office call it inmonday first thing in the morning and hopefully they get out to look at it before the end of the week. City of Vero Beach is slow as dirt sometimes. Once the plumbing passes I can close the floor. The toilet goes back in as soon as the concrete dries.

2 Likes

How to make and use a sawdust toilet

My version of a “sawdust toilet” (as described in the Humanure Handbook ) consists of a receptacle bucket, a removable toilet seat that slips into the top, and a bucket of sawdust for covering after each use. When the toilet is full the seat is switched to the empty sawdust bucket. The toilet is emptied, cleaned and sanitized and then becomes the sawdust bucket after filling with clean sawdust. The whole toilet system, including outdoor compost chamber, can be constructed for less than $10. This simple, inexpensive, and hygienic toilet – affordable to construct and maintain by just about anyone on the planet – is a perfect example of an appropriate and sustainable technology.

2 Likes

Poop on the sidewalk like a normal person

1 Like

That would be a great solution but I have the sewer to pour the bucket down. I turn the tub on to get some water flowing then down the cleanout it goes. I’ve got some reducing couplings to make it a bit easier.

1 Like

Do I poop on the sidewalk in front of my house or one of the neighbors?

Change it to a saddle tee (with some supports at the bottoms) and you can just shit down it.

2 Likes

This thread scares me for my plumbing. How old is your house? What were the signs of something wrong? And is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening

Neighbors