Day-care worker gets 21years for drugging children

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2018/03/11/day-care-worker-gets-21-years-for-drugging-children-to-go-tanning/?utm_term=.ddd036c3933c

January Neatherlin told parents they couldn’t pick up their children from the Little Giggles day-care center between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. That three-hour period, she said, was nap time.

It was also CrossFit time and tan time for Neatherlin, the owner of the illegal day-care operation, according to court records obtained by the Oregonian. In one instance, police investigators say, it was also drop-her-own-kids-off-at-school time.

To avoid the risk that the seven infants and toddlers in her care would wake up, trudge around and possibly hurt themselves while she ran errands, Neatherlin drugged them with melatonin.

In January 2014, an 11-month-old was rushed to a hospital from Little Giggles with bleeding and swelling in her head, injuries court documents said were consistent with being shaken or struck repeatedly.

Parents of another child said the girl had blisters in her mouth and on her shoulders when she was picked up, the Bulletin reported. Neatherlin had overheated a bottle of milk in the microwave, scalding the child. When pressed, Neatherlin said the injuries were spider bites.

a fine human being.

Crossfit chicks give the legit psycho vibe. Anyone who gets amped up to do pull ups ain't right. 

Drugging them... with melatonin?  A totally harmless natural product?  21 years seems draconian for that.

21 years for melatonin?  Wtf

that had to be appealed.  Sorry but that sentence is way too exteme and I hate crossfitters

child endangerment is most likely what she got hit with.. and a charge for each kid. and maybe every day

Rahjai MD -

that had to be appealed.  Sorry but that sentence is way too exteme and I hate crossfitters

maybe you need to read it all.

This place is weird, a parent let's her child taste wasabi and she should be put in prison but this bitch is putting kids to sleep and shaking them but it's cool. 

Ignore the melatonin aspect as far as "drugging" is concerned and then focus on the fact she left toddlers unattended for 3 hours and this:

In January 2014, an 11-month-old was rushed to a hospital from Little Giggles with bleeding and swelling in her head, injuries court documents said were consistent with being shaken or struck repeatedly

21 years is just fine by me.

WattMell - I thought it was going to be xanax or a benzo, could melatonin harm the children?

Next up: Woman faces charges of drugging children with Turkey sandwhiches because turkey makes people very tired every thanksgiving.

sometimes, when you just randomly read 1% of the words and post...

...you sound as dumb as you just did.

Listen up snowflakes.  The reason you hear about people shaking babies is because it works!

Rahjai MD -

And you’re a doctor? Fucking idiot. 

jasperb -

This place is weird, a parent let's her child taste wasabi and she should be put in prison but this bitch is putting kids to sleep and shaking them but it's cool. 

Thats the OG for ya!

Nevermind the melatonin she’s shaking babies and burning them. She’ll be out in 8. Overcrowding or something. 

The melatonin thing just happened in a day care minutes from where I grew up. Harsh charges on this one for a natural over the counter. No shaking or abuse that I read about. Just the melatonin:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/03/05/laced-gummy-bears-des-plaines/

jasperb -

Shit I’m always trying to trick my kid into eating wasabi so I can film it 

Does melatonin really work on kids??  Just curious. 

At least now she’ll have a shit ton of time for CrossFit. Time for the bar while behind bars. 

Good.

Fuck that cunt. 

Mans for the record, giving someone else’s kids a drug (even a natural one) is beyond fucked up. Nevermind that fact that she left them unattended and beat/shook them. I would have given her life. 

Am I the only one who was surprised by the photo? With a name like “January”, I was expecting something else.