Daytona dos and don’ts....

Gonna be there next week. 

I know pretty much anything FL is white trash, but that’s the shit I do like. 

What touristy shit should I do and avoid? 

BonedByPicograms* -

Managed a beach side hotel there.

town is desolate.

Good to know. Maybe it will be scarcely populated. 

Ormond Beach is one of the nicest areas in Florida. Take a nice cruise on the loop. Take a short drive to St Augustine.

1 Like

Drive into Port Orange(10-15 mins) and eat at Aunt Catfishes. One of my favorites and they also have a great brunch. 

Daytona is odd. They screwed up allowing the bikers to take it over years ago and it’s pretty shitty and rundown compared to other famous beach towns. No reason you can’t have a good time. 

1 Like

BonedByPicograms* - 

But...

they’ve rejuvenated the pier and arcade at the ocean walk...

look up “our deck down under”.  Good Florida fare.

Crabby joes is a local restaurant on the pier.

strip clubs:  molly browns,  lolllipops and Sharks

tourity shit:  go to Ponce inlet at the south end of the peninsula and climb the light house.

Drive on the beach.

All else sucks.

Lollipops is great - if open

Ryazzo - Ormond Beach is one of the nicest areas in Florida. Take a nice cruise on the loop. Take a short drive to St Augustine.

My home town

stuvelo -
BonedByPicograms* - 

But...

they’ve rejuvenated the pier and arcade at the ocean walk...

look up “our deck down under”.  Good Florida fare.

Crabby joes is a local restaurant on the pier.

strip clubs:  molly browns,  lolllipops and Sharks

tourity shit:  go to Ponce inlet at the south end of the peninsula and climb the light house.

Drive on the beach.

All else sucks.

Lollipops is great - if open

buddy got a hand job at biggins.

that city is in need of a good power washing.

Eskimo -

Drive into Port Orange(10-15 mins) and eat at Aunt Catfishes. One of my favorites and they also have a great brunch. 

Daytona is odd. They screwed up allowing the bikers to take it over years ago and it’s pretty shitty and rundown compared to other famous beach towns. No reason you can’t have a good time. 

Aunt Carfish was actually on my short list. Thanks for the confirmation. 

TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Eskimo -

Aunt Carfish was actually on my short list. Thanks for the confirmation. 

Yes sir, it’s pretty delicious 

All I know is don't go during black spring break. Jesus.

It's been more than a decade (jesus...probably like 20 years now) but Lollipops was a good strip club.  Why?  Mostly because they have huge TVs with sports playing and it's a big open space so you don't feel pressured to tip every nasty hoe.

Just Don't. It is the shittiest beach town in FLA

Ocean6 - Just Don't. It is the shittiest beach town in FLA

Truth

I stay at the beach Hilton when I work there. Hooters by the track has some nice scenery. Yes, that's how c l a s s y I am.

Only been there during Bike Week.  I suspect it is very different for the rest of the year 

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 

Only been there during Bike Week.  I suspect it is very different for the rest of the year 

All spring there is some sort of event happening each week so it's almost the same party just more or less people present at any time. Daytona 500 is the craziest I've seen that town, by far.

Just got in today around 1. Will be here the rest of the week with the wife and kids. I plan on eating seafood and staying hammered. 

1 Like

1 Like

Nice! I’m headed to Florida the first two weeks of July. Marco island and then siesta key. I’m really ready for a vacation lol.

Don’t come to vero beach  it’s a dump.