DayZ is such Dogsh!t

Yes, I know it's in Alpha but as someone who played the shit out of the mod, I don't know how they've regressed so much in 2 years.

I logged in for the first time since the release week and I can't see any differences in gameplay. The zombie AI is still terrible, their movements are jerky, and they teleport into any building you enter. You die from getting punched 5 times and can't even jump off of a 5ft ledge without breaking your legs.

Dean Hall is a fucking scam artist or a moron. 2 million copies sold and he can't manage to put together a team that can correct a few game breaking glitches after 4+ months? I check out their dev blog and it's like "We're working on making a police uniform- Are you fucking kidding me?

Loved the mod and its potential, but fuck this standalone.

I've never played DayZ but I've read a fair amount about it and watched a reasonable amount of streaming and Youtube content about the game and it seems to me that DayZ has always been better in theory than in practice.

The thing that immediately struck me was that once the community figured the game mechanics out and understood where spawn points are, the game became a massive snipers gallery with everyone who bothered to look up a FAQ kitted out with high end gear.

The idea of a true open world survival game with meaningful multiplayer elements still sounds great, but very likely won't be realized with DayZ.

Also, I've always thought one of the real problems with DayZ is that it's built on the Arma2 engine - it's very powerful, but also complex and buggy with, what seems to me, an ugly and unwieldy interface.

GrandInquisitor - I've never played DayZ but I've read a fair amount about it and watched a reasonable amount of streaming and Youtube content about the game and it seems to me that DayZ has always been better in theory than in practice.

The thing that immediately struck me was that once the community figured the game mechanics out and understood where spawn points are, the game became a massive snipers gallery with everyone who bothered to look up a FAQ kitted out with high end gear.

The idea of a true open world survival game with meaningful multiplayer elements still sounds great, but very likely won't be realized with DayZ.

Also, I've always thought one of the real problems with DayZ is that it's built on the Arma2 engine - it's very powerful, but also complex and buggy with, what seems to me, an ugly and unwieldy interface.
A friend of mine works at Sony games and tells me the Arma engine has no real physics engine which causes a bunch of weird bugs.

But yes, If a real company took over this project it could be amazing. Phone Post 3.0

I bought the standalone. Played it around 8 times. Never enjoyed any of it. Met a guy at work that has a clan and says its more fun working with people but it sounds like all the do is server jump for loot and kill solo players. No thanks Phone Post 3.0

Rocket left the team iirc Phone Post 3.0

H1z1 killed dayz guys. Phone Post 3.0

I feel like DayZ is going to become the next "Black Mesa"

Everyone was so excited about it but the excitement is slowly dying off. By the time they get this thing into a proper beta, other games will have surpassed them greatly.